Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Observation about the Hit Parader mentions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Observation about the Hit Parader mentions  (Read 1307 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« on: September 21, 2005, 08:54:35 PM »

Hey all,

So when I was reading the main page news about the GNR/VR mentions in Hit Parader I noticed something and I want your opinions on it.

As I was reading the quotes from the band members it seems as if they were done in the present.  Slash says ?Thankfully, those days are behind me,? he said. ?It?s so much easier when you can approach making music with a clear head ? and be able to remember what you did the next morning.?

Duff says ?Success is something you never take for granted. That?s never been our style, anyway. We?ve never been very good at trying to play nice and fit in with everyone else. We?ve always been much better at rubbing everyone?s face in the mud and just doing our own thing. This is a very dangerous band on a number of levels ? and we may be the first dangerous band that?s come along in a ling time. Our goal is to go out there and cause as much chaos as possible.?

Now we all know that Slash, Duff and Matt have all been giving interviews over the last couple of years.  But what I was curious about was Axl's quote:

?Even at the peak of Guns N? Roses popularity, I wanted to be able to walk down the street and not get hassled,? Rose said. ?Sometimes I was able to pull that off, but most of the time I wasn?t.?

Now to me that quote seems like it may have come in a recent interview.  Do I think it has?  Well since the old GNR left at a time when they were arguably at their peak (the end of the Illusions tour) I want to say yes.  But with how much Axl has been officially quoted as saying recently (nothing) I am a bit skeptical.  What do you all think? 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 09:32:04 PM »

Interesting pick up. Well that quote is out there somewhere if it was said back in the day. So someone on the site will find it and the date. otherwise you might have somehting...and we might have something in the not so far future

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
0lorin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 05:34:12 AM »

I noticed that also, I don't remember him ever saying that.

Its not like there is a truck load of interveiws from Axl to sift through, there is only a handfull from 1992 onwards.

I hope they didn't make it up.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 03:53:56 PM »

The only other thing I can think of is the Loder interview from '99 or the RS '00 interview. Don't have 'em in front of me though... otherwise... could be a pretty big scoop. Nice catch.

Of course... there's always the third option... the good ol' made up soundbites that used to get Axl so p1ssed off back in the day.. hihi.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: