Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:30:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bush calls for conservation
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bush calls for conservation  (Read 4247 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« on: September 27, 2005, 08:18:32 PM »

The most fiscally irresponsible President of all time, champion pork spender himself has asked all Americans to drive less and conserve fuel as he and his staff jet all around the country for fundraisers and photo ops.  What a joke...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 08:37:15 PM »

It is a joke, but I will agree with him. Although we don't need a tragedy to conserve. We should have been, and continue to conserve for good. Energy is no laughing matter. Especially when our kids are marched off to die for it. I conserve water, electricity, gas, as much as I am able.

W advising us to conserve energy is like Michael Jackson consoling the victims of sexual abuse.....
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 08:52:05 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 09:41:17 PM »

W advising us to conserve energy is like Michael Jackson consoling the victims of sexual abuse.....

Classic !!!!! Can i use that as a signature on another board Huh rofl
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 10:34:59 PM »

haha, sure dude. Which board I'd love to see it in action... hihi
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 11:19:15 PM »

hihi hihi
That's fuckin' classic. ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 01:12:54 AM »

SLC shoots and scores...

I am not belittling the advice itself because we do need to do this but isn't ol' W about 4 or 5 years too late on this?  He also gave extra $ to the oil companies, I guess profits in the billions can't offset some of these contruction and clean up costs?!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 01:22:14 AM »

I am not belittling the advice itself because we do need to do this but isn't ol' W about 4 or 5 years too late on this?  He also gave extra $ to the oil companies, I guess profits in the billions can't offset some of these contruction and clean up costs?!

I agree 100 percent.

The advice is ironic, hypocritical in nature, and late.

shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 11:44:43 AM »

having to ask you to conserve is whats sad.
Finding that someone asking you to conserve troubling is itself troubling.

If the liberals wold have let the man drill in Alaska we wouldnt be having this discussion.
Damned if we do, damned if we dont.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 12:47:14 PM »

If the liberals wold have let the man drill in Alaska we wouldnt be having this discussion.

The oil in Alaska would hardly make an effect on this.

It contains 10 billion barrels of oil - about the amount the US consumes in a little more than a year.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 01:08:13 PM »

It contains 10 billion barrels of oil - about the amount the US consumes in a little more than a year.

In addition, given it would be removed from US soil, less than 2/3 of it would have actually made it's way to market.  The other third would go toward our "oil reserves" (you know, the ones that it takes a natural disaster for Bush to release...and even then he has to be prodded into action.....and STILL that oil he promised from the reserves has not made it into the market).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 01:09:41 PM »

In addition, given it would be removed from US soil, less than 2/3 of it would have actually made it's way to market.  The other third would go toward our "oil reserves" (you know, the ones that it takes a natural disaster for Bush to release...and even then he has to be prodded into action.....and STILL that oil he promised from the reserves has not made it into the market).

There you go with all those facts again.....

Will you ever stop with your antics?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 03:15:42 PM »

well which countries will come to a stand still when oil runs out...thats something you should worry about...wont be much longer now

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 03:35:17 PM »

In addition, given it would be removed from US soil, less than 2/3 of it would have actually made it's way to market.? The other third would go toward our "oil reserves" (you know, the ones that it takes a natural disaster for Bush to release...and even then he has to be prodded into action.....and STILL that oil he promised from the reserves has not made it into the market).

where do you come up with these things.
you dont know that nor does anyone else.
The liberals wont even help finance a study to find , in all likelyhood  enough oil to make us self sufficent.

No one can take oil from your land or force you to put it on the world market.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
Kitano
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 03:38:31 PM »

It is a joke, but I will agree with him. Although we don't need a tragedy to conserve. We should have been, and continue to conserve for good. Energy is no laughing matter. Especially when our kids are marched off to die for it. I conserve water, electricity, gas, as much as I am able.

Using victims of sexual abuse to take a cheap shot at the President.  Very classy. ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 03:41:46 PM »

well which countries will come to a stand still when oil runs out...thats something you should worry about...wont be much longer now

It is what will happen before that, that we should worry about. The entire world relies on oil!!!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 03:44:48 PM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 03:45:02 PM »

where do you come up with these things.

The Energy Information Administration. Where do you come up with yours?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 04:16:45 PM »

It is what will happen before that, that we should worry about. The entire world relies on oil!!!

i wouldnt be too sure of that, there are alternatives, wind water solar and nuclear energy will keep the essentials running

but would the return to an agricultural lifestyle be such a bad thing?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 04:51:37 PM »

1) Once the economies are hurting it is going to be difficult to put money into these new programs. We are woefully behind already on them. Ironically a heavy conservation program (assuming everybody took part) would drive the cost of oil down, then putting off a demand for alternative energy sources.

2) We need to look the scale of the power we need: The amount of energy created by one gas station in a single day is equal to the amount (that could be produced) from  four Manhattan sized blocks of solar panels. Think about that!
http://www.energybulletin.net/3624.html

3) Nuclear energy requires uranium which we are in short supply of. It would take 10,000 large nuclear plants to match the power generated by fossil fuel NOW. Take into consideration also the construction of these plants at about 3-5 billion each. Then to retrofit cars, airplanes homes etc to run on nuclear energy and the cost is huge. http://www.energybulletin.net/2311.html

4) We are behind on every single source we can imagine. The crunch is when we need a change, and the price of oil is screaming upwards, making everything more pricy, putting a strain on the economy and then we will just start thinking about alternative fuel. By then it will be too late. How much money and time will it take to build all this?

It's not as easy as a snap of the finger, signing a few bills, and forking over the money.

I wish somebody would take charge on this and act now. We may have a chance. If not I think we could be headed for something huge on this planet.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 06:11:31 PM »

1) Once the economies are hurting it is going to be difficult to put money into these new programs. We are woefully behind already on them. Ironically a heavy conservation program (assuming everybody took part) would drive the cost of oil down, then putting off a demand for alternative energy sources.

2) We need to look the scale of the power we need: The amount of energy created by one gas station in a single day is equal to the amount (that could be produced) from  four Manhattan sized blocks of solar panels. Think about that!
http://www.energybulletin.net/3624.html

3) Nuclear energy requires uranium which we are in short supply of. It would take 10,000 large nuclear plants to match the power generated by fossil fuel NOW. Take into consideration also the construction of these plants at about 3-5 billion each. Then to retrofit cars, airplanes homes etc to run on nuclear energy and the cost is huge. http://www.energybulletin.net/2311.html

4) We are behind on every single source we can imagine. The crunch is when we need a change, and the price of oil is screaming upwards, making everything more pricy, putting a strain on the economy and then we will just start thinking about alternative fuel. By then it will be too late. How much money and time will it take to build all this?

It's not as easy as a snap of the finger, signing a few bills, and forking over the money.

I wish somebody would take charge on this and act now. We may have a chance. If not I think we could be headed for something huge on this planet.

scotland is targetting a level of 40% of renewable energy sources by 2020 based on current technologies...thats a pretty good figure

the world is fucked anyway...yes uranium is in short supply...probably enough to last 50 years at current rates of usage, oil not much more than 60-80 years...coal wont last long either...youll have to pedal on a bike to generate enough energy t use your playstation...well at least itll keep couch potatoes fit

much of that energy is used for pointless things anyway cos people have no respect for what they use...when it comes to being in short supply then theyll find out just how precious that fuel "was"...

(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 06:15:46 PM »

I should move to Scotland in a few years..... Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: