Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 06:58:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Spanish court sentences Imad Yarkas
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spanish court sentences Imad Yarkas  (Read 22118 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2005, 07:59:34 PM »

I think the ability to attack the west has changed over the years.? But there really isn't that many gaps when you consider the other places they have attacked, most of which were before the war in Iraq.? This is exactly how terrorism works, they use one issue as the reason for attacks.? Then when we pull out they will use a different reason, perhaps our support for Israel.? Next, they will use another reason, perhaps Catholicism.? Then another and another.

They'll always have reasons.

But I just don't understand how you can deny the fact that thee might be some connection between the attacks in Madrid and London and the war.
I am not denying that there is a link, but I don't think that it is the link that many think it is.  You (not to put words in your mouth) seem to think that they attacked Britain and Spain because they were part of the war in Iraq and were offended that the west is meddling in their affairs.  I on the other hand, believe that they attacked because they know that they can scare other countries, that may or may not be easier to attack than the US, from helping us.  The news today in this intercepted letter states that Al Qaeda is making their stand in Iraq.  If that is true, wouldn't it be a good strategy to try and prevent other countries from helping.  By scaring other countries from participating in the war, they have a much better chance of victory there.  The US on the other hand knows better.  We were attacked before the war, thus the argument that being in Iraq is the reason for more attacks would not fly here.

But the strategy is brilliant, and I think that it is working.? They are trying to isolate the U.S. by threatening attacks against anyone that helps the U.S. in its war on terror.?

I think the whole Western world is helping in that war. Just because our countries aren't taking part in the war in Iraq doesn't mean we're not working against international terrorism.
Again, I am not trying to claim that the rest of the world is not helping in Iraq.  However, the main fighting ground right now is in Iraq, whether you like it our not; or whether you agreed with the war or not.  Helping with intelligence or other ways is just not as important as defeating terrorists in Iraq.  Certainly, anyone that claims the rest of the world is not working against terrorism is absurd.  But, the most important battle against terrorism right now, whether it was created by the US or not, is in Iraq; a war that the US is getting less and less support for by the day.

Surfrider
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2005, 08:01:43 PM »

Woops.  I just realized that I already had responded to that post.  Sorry.
POPmetal
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2005, 08:07:36 PM »

Has Jarmo appointed you as his official spokesperson?

i have my own point of view...this is a forum...i can join in conversations on a public forum cant i?...if is a conversation between only you 2 then shouldnt you take it to pm's?

No, I have no problem with you opining, but since I was asking Jarmo the question, I want to make sure whether he agrees with you or if he has a different take on this, before responding.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2005, 12:19:51 AM »

Thanks IQ.

Just because the things he listed doesn't prove the attacks are linked to the war for you, maybe it does make it the most likely reason for some of us.

To me it seems like a big possibility instead of them just randomly choosing Madrid and London. They may hate all of the Western world, but they used the war as the last excuse so to speak. That's the best explanation for me at the moment. I think I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I don't think you're "anti-Spain" because you don't agree with the sentence, but try to remember that when you feel like calling people here "anti-American bigots" because they don't agree with US foreign policy.

Now I'm done with this topic since I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: