Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:49:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Tape shows New Orleans cops beating black man
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tape shows New Orleans cops beating black man  (Read 24584 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2005, 12:01:34 PM »

Ok, your plan is to allow cops more freedom to beat people's asses.  Say that doesn't work.  What next?  How about some secret killing squads that go around and kill repeat offenders thus lessening the burden on the system? 

Going around with a fre pass to kick ass will win the police any respect.  Who respects a bully?  To get respect you have to give respect.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2005, 12:38:37 PM »

Ok, your plan is to allow cops more freedom to beat people's asses.? Say that doesn't work.? What next?? How about some secret killing squads that go around and kill repeat offenders thus lessening the burden on the system??

Going around with a fre pass to kick ass will win the police any respect.? Who respects a bully?? To get respect you have to give respect.

i didn't say give cops a "free pass". and i don't think anyone else on this board did either. so not sure where you're getting that from.

i did say "more leeway". and the reason i argue for more leeway is not to create a deterrant to crime (although i did point out that that could be an indirect benefit).

the reason they should be given more leeway is simply to allow them to do their jobs more effectively. and i am specifically talking about when people are resisting arrest.

it's funny, you are quick to criticize a tough cop by calling them bullies.....how about the low-life criminals that disrespect authority figures and resist arrest and fight back.....don't you consider them bullies?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2005, 01:14:33 PM »

we need to give cops more flexibility to strike some fear in these bastards. and call me crazy, but i think giving cops more leeway to dish out some pain might even decrease crime a little bit. and they might get a little more respect in the streets. and to me, that would be a win-win.

The don't allow that because they know that abuse of power will take place. That is what is supposed to set us aside from other countries is our law system.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Police don't act as jury and punisher.

Excessive force should not be used except in etreme cases.

I saw an interview with this man and he asked "How was I resisting arrest or fighting back after being sucker punched from behind?"

He had a point. They hit him in the back of the head and then took him down and continued to beat him. I saw, at no point, where he was fighting with these men, or resisting arrest.

Standing facing the wall and turning back (if they had already told him he was under arrest) could be considered resisting arrest without violence. But that in NO WAY would constitute any type of physcial beat down. Not supposed to in this country anyway.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2005, 05:59:21 PM »

Sandman, so it's OK for the police to act out of control and to bully people because that's what the real criminals do?  Police are supposed to uphold a standard of law with procedures that govern this so abuses won't happen and you want to compare their actions to those of criminals to justify police actions?   I am not sticking up for accused criminals in any way, the man in this incident was and is not a criminal, the police were.  So, may I ask, who is indeed sticking up for the criminals?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2005, 10:58:37 PM »

Julie Jacks from Chattanooga Tn saw an escaped mental patient in his gown walkin down the street.

They had a APB out on him to pick him up if they saw him.

He didnt have a record, was unarmed, so Julie goes up and tries to be NICE and apprehend him friendly instead of doing what she was trained to do.

The guy wrestles her takes her gun out of her holster shoots and kills her.

If she had did the correct police procedure she'd be alive but because of left wing nutjobs like some of u on here, she tried to do things another way and it cost her her life.

U are trained that if someone breaks the law they go to jail and u get them to jail by any means necessary.

If they fight, u use whatever force to make the arrest.

I dont give a shit if it was a 100 year old woman, it doesnt take much to pull a trigger.

Police Officers risk their lives for u and they dont know u but they do anything that can be seen as somewhat questionable and people are ready to cut their throats.

I find this shit irritating

My brother is a cop and he was making a routine stop, when he got to the car he leaned in to get their license and they drove off dragging him down the highway

So those who criticize our soldiers, who criticize our police officers I tell u this

stay in your safe homes and criticize all u want

but if someone is breaking into your home Dont call the cops

If someone robs u, dont call the cops
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 11:03:03 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2005, 11:24:11 PM »

Bad analogy.

First of all my family is military and I had an uncle who was a police officer on the northwest coast.

I still have family in government, and my wife is ex military, as is her father, and my father. I was born on a military base in Virginia.

So give that shit a rest already.

Second is that you ignore that the police were arrested and charged. Why was that D?

That is because what those police did was against regulation. We have laws in this country and the LEOs have to abide be them too. Don't like that? Then maybe you should go to another country and see how brutal those cops can be. When it's the wild west like that corruption reigns supreme.

Third, not once have I attacked our military. Nor has anybody else on this forum. In fact I defend them on a daily basis. Because I believe that they were used by our Prez for illegal and immoral reasons NOT related to defending this country.

Fourth and foremost if you are going to call anybody a "nut job" you had better have your goddamn facts straight. Don't come around telling me what I think and what I write, when it is false. Don't you ignore facts, laws,  adn rules that our society is supposed to abide by, including our LEOs, to call me a nutjob. Better look in the mirror and see if you are being honest first.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2005, 09:28:03 AM »

Sandman, so it's OK for the police to act out of control and to bully people because that's what the real criminals do?? Police are supposed to uphold a standard of law with procedures that govern this so abuses won't happen and you want to compare their actions to those of criminals to justify police actions?? ?I am not sticking up for accused criminals in any way, the man in this incident was and is not a criminal, the police were.? So, may I ask, who is indeed sticking up for the criminals?

what the fuck does "act out of control" mean? that's kind of vague.

i think everyone has stated that those cops should be reprimanded for disobeying their protocals.

so everyone read this carefully.....those protocals SHOULD be changed. that's the argument i am making.

cops shouldn't have to tip toe around like pansies when they are making an arrest.

and as i've said before, i talking specifically about criminals who RESIST ARREST. when a criminal threatens the safety of a policeman, they should be able to use significant force to get control of that criminal.

why doesn't anyone care about protecting those whose job it is to protect us???

sandman
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2005, 09:34:59 AM »

hilarious article from the Philly Daily News.

Don't like cops, till they need 'em

Anarchist-run Wooden Shoe Books (508 S. 5th) has been a place where one could buy pro-Mumia Abu Jamal shirts and other anti-police merchandise.

But when the store was held up on the afternoon of Oct. 7 by a man who claimed he had a gun, guess who was called to help?

According to the Philadelphia Police Department's report, an assailant flashed a bulge in his belt to a female clerk and demanded the store's money. She gave him about $200 in cash, and $40 worth of SEPTA tokens.

When we asked about the irony of an anti-police organization calling the cops when it's robbed, James Generic, a member of the volunteer collective that operates the not-for-profit bookstore, said, "It was the individual who was staffing when the storefront was robbed who called the police, since she was extremely shaken up and it was not the organization's decision... though we will support her in any way we can."

It's unlikely the store will press charges or pursue any further police action about the robbery.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2005, 01:46:42 PM »

Bah...nobody is saying all cops are bad.

These cops went over the line. Pure and simple.

The man wasn't resisting arrest in a violent fashion at all. He was just standing there and they beat his ass.

Quit trying to change it all around.

Give it up already. We all admit (except for D) that these guys should be punished.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2005, 03:36:29 PM »

The man wasn't resisting arrest in a violent fashion at all. He was just standing there and they beat his ass.

Why would they beat someone who was just standing there? That doesn't make any sense.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2005, 04:56:30 PM »

Why would they beat someone who was just standing there? That doesn't make any sense.

nor does it make any sense that it took 3 trained policemen using violence to apprehend an unarmed 64 yr old...

how many people from this forum could hold down a 64 yr old all by themselves?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2005, 06:45:47 PM »

nor does it make any sense that it took 3 trained policemen using violence to apprehend an unarmed 64 yr old...

Some probably could and other would probable have their ass hand to them trying.

I think it's pretty funny that some are already saying these guys are guilty but isn't Innocent to proven guilty?

And I have yet to see were they have been found guilty in a court of law .

I'm not say that what they did was right  .And  truthfully I haven't read everything about this yet.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2005, 12:33:41 AM »

Did you not see the video? It is posted in this thread.

The man was standing against the wall, turned around a bit, and the let loose on him.

There really isn't much to defend.

AP Photo guy was slammed down by them, two relief workers were put in handcuffs when they cried foul....They are testifying with the federal agents now.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2005, 01:00:11 PM »

Some probably could and other would probable have their ass hand to them trying.

I think it's pretty funny that some are already saying these guys are guilty but isn't Innocent to proven guilty?

And I have yet to see were they have been found guilty in a court of law .

I'm not say that what they did was right? .And? truthfully I haven't read everything about this yet.

excellent point.

none of us were there, and no one truly has an appreciation for what's going on down there.

i think cops need to use different sets of protocals depending on the circumstances. for example, a random arrest should be handled carefully, but an arrest in the middle of near riots should be handled more aggressively.

it's a sad day when america gives up the innocent until proven guilty approach.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2005, 01:30:30 PM »

excellent point.

none of us were there, and no one truly has an appreciation for what's going on down there.

i think cops need to use different sets of protocals depending on the circumstances. for example, a random arrest should be handled carefully, but an arrest in the middle of near riots should be handled more aggressively.

so, what do you think happened that wasnt caught on the video?...

well for one he certainly was no jackie chan, he threw no punches, i saw no gun, i heard no shots

i saw no other people there, certainly no other person was involved, he didnt resist being arrested

come on dude, supply us with something that may have happened that would merit that beating

Quote from: sandman link=topic=22995.msg403855#msg403855 date=1129482011

[quote

I wonder where you were when we were discussing Guantanamo Bay

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2005, 05:45:33 PM »

excellent point.

so, what do you think happened that wasnt caught on the video?...

well for one he certainly was no jackie chan, he threw no punches, i saw no gun, i heard no shots

i saw no other people there, certainly no other person was involved, he didnt resist being arrested

come on dude, supply us with something that may have happened that would merit that beating

Quote from: sandman link=topic=22995.msg403855#msg403855 date=1129482011

[quote

I wonder where you were when we were discussing Guantanamo Bay

yo dude - your post makes no sense. read my fucking posts - i've said several times these cops should be reprimanded by their department.

not sure what your point is about Guantanamo Bay. but don't make baseless assumptions  about my beliefs.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2005, 06:50:55 PM »

yo dude - your post makes no sense. read my fucking posts - i've said several times these cops should be reprimanded by their department.

not sure what your point is about Guantanamo Bay. but don't make baseless assumptions  about my beliefs.

on the first point, you say the cops should be reprimanded yet you say you believe in "innocent until proven guilty"...since that obviously doesnt make much sense i thought i would point out to you some facts about the video and that there is plenty of evidence to support guilt...which by my reckoning is something you have already observed

on the second point, the US law system obviously gave up its "innocent until proven guilty" 2 years ago since guantanamo prisoners are readily accepted as being guilty without proof...as i recall, in other threads werent you supporting the fact that people were being detained in guantanamo without proof of guilt? if so, then why should the "innocent until proven guilty" matter to you now?

(Winston Churchill)"
MCT
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2005, 07:07:19 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/07/17/national/main563855.shtml
SLCPUNK
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2005, 08:26:57 PM »

on the first point, you say the cops should be reprimanded yet you say you believe in "innocent until proven guilty"...since that obviously doesnt make much sense i thought i would point out to you some facts about the video and that there is plenty of evidence to support guilt...which by my reckoning is something you have already observed

on the second point, the US law system obviously gave up its "innocent until proven guilty" 2 years ago since guantanamo prisoners are readily accepted as being guilty without proof...as i recall, in other threads werent you supporting the fact that people were being detained in guantanamo without proof of guilt? if so, then why should the "innocent until proven guilty" matter to you now?

Great point.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2005, 01:17:29 AM »

Did you not see the video? It is posted in this thread.

The man was standing against the wall, turned around a bit, and the let loose on him.

There really isn't much to defend.

AP Photo guy was slammed down by them, two relief workers were put in handcuffs when they cried foul....They are testifying with the federal agents now.

I don't agree with violence, nor do I support cops using unnecessary force on civilians. You know that. I just think it's important to ask questions and investigate a situation, instead of taking it at face value. I have not seen the video, and I wasn't there to see the incident and what lead up to it. I'm just asking why three police officers would approach someone and start beating him up for no reason. If they did it to be malicious, then they should be brought to justice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: