Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Who should we Attack First ? (NO Politics !!) just laughs - video -
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should we Attack First ? (NO Politics !!) just laughs - video -  (Read 10046 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 07:32:04 PM »

I never said the blind shoudn't be citizens, ever hear of brail.  I never advocated for the euthanizing of mentally retarded people.  Yes, I believe everyone can be a civil servant (do you not know what that term means Izzy).  Any government employee is essentially a civil servant, ever hear of a post man or fire fighter?  How about social worker?  Continue to make personal attacks and distort my ideas to fit your agenda.  Again, it's fine if you disagree with my ideas, but don't distort what I'm saying just so you can laugh to yourself behind the safety and anonymity of the internet. 
MCT
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 08:48:35 PM »

Anytime you want to compare IQs MCt, let me know.? Before you tell me how smart you are and that you're going to take me on "an intelectual ride" just like me say that I've read more great works of philosophy then you can care to imagine.

Jesus... Shocked

I'm as egotistical as they come, but even I thought that was bad form... hihi

My argument is simple.? SLC and I agree that most Americans (to be more specific in my case, people all over the world) are complete idiots.? As long as they have a full stomach and Tv in front of them, nothing else matters really.? My intent is to create a desire to become educated.? 2nd class citizens would only exist if people chose to be 2nd class citizens.? Anyone can serve as a civil servant.? Anyone can read a book - and if they can't they shouldn't be able to vote.? Don't distort my argument to justify your Rawlsian fantasies (do any of you even know who John Rawls is?).? Educated and informed people make better choices than uniformed and uneducated people.? If we're gonna argue that democracy is the best form of government, let's make sure that we don't have babbling retards being counted in the polls.

If you weren't so stilted I wouldn't say this:

You. Are. An. Idiot. An idiot of the first rank.

At first I had myself convinced that you were just an egregious little sock puppet of sorts, a second rank idiot. But after your last post there I had to bump you up to first - you believe in yourself...

... nervous

Anyway, Roddenberry (for one) already beat ya to it. So go dump your feudalistic fantasies on someone who's game for a cheap olfactory fuck, not someone who smells the roses.

And who in the Holy Heavens goes around with a relatively obscure neologism (in this case, "Rawlsian") as a banner to wave under a certain slant of light?

Oh my... Sad...people like you make me feel like I'm suffocating or something...

Again, it's fine if you disagree with my ideas, but don't distort what I'm saying just so you can laugh to yourself behind the safety and anonymity of the internet.

I'd like to see you so forcefully advocate your "ideas" from other than the safety and anonymity of the Internet. It'd be a real hoot I'd say...yes
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 10:27:46 PM »

You obviously can't see his joke. An idiot, by definition, has an IQ less than 20. Calling someone an idiot is baiting them into an IQ contest. Of course, the guy who doesn't even know what an idiot is (and ignorantly uses the term incorrectly) is probably going to lose.

Besides, ever heard of an idiot savant? Idiots sometimes have extraordinary abilities, like music. Ultimately, isn't it low for an equality loving libbyral to judge someone based on their IQ?  Tongue
MCT
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 11:39:05 PM »

You obviously can't see his joke.

You obviously are a joke. Which of course you've demonstrated repeatedly in the past.

Tonight was a real peach as well.

An idiot, by definition, has an IQ less than 20.

Such a definition is actually obsolete nowadays. Technically. And we all, in truth, know what I meant. It's a word too ingrained in our popular culture and collective vocab to be misinterpreted.

Calling someone an idiot is baiting them into an IQ contest.

Maybe. If you want to utilize some severely wrinkled blanket anyway.

But in this case we're dealing with a singularity - me. And branding GNRM an idiot is just that - branding him an idiot.

The same goes for me branding you an idiot right now:

You are an idiot.

Of course, the guy who doesn't even know what an idiot is (and ignorantly uses the term incorrectly) is probably going to lose.

Exactly what I was thinking... ok

Besides, ever heard of an idiot savant?

What do you mean, populist?

Idiots sometimes have extraordinary abilities...

Yup.

Ultimately, isn't it low for an equality loving libbyral to judge someone based on their IQ?

Like it or lump it I don't adhere to any of your prescribed worldviews.

Oh, and before I forget:

You obviously can't see his joke. An idiot, by definition, has an IQ less than 20. Calling someone an idiot is baiting them into an IQ contest. Of course, the guy who doesn't even know what an idiot is (and ignorantly uses the term incorrectly) is probably going to lose.

Besides, ever heard of an idiot savant? Idiots sometimes have extraordinary abilities, like music. Ultimately, isn't it low for an equality loving libbyral to judge someone based on their IQ? Tongue

Good one.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2005, 12:55:38 AM »

Words, especially technical terms, don't have their meanings changed just because the majority of people want a new definition. Intellectual discussions shouldn't involve misusing words that have had their meanings degraded by the plebians. Words like discrimination and racist have pejorative connotations to average people, but they're neutral to those who know better. There are adequate substitutes.

Savant means someone who is well educated or gifted in some way. Idiot savants are people who have developmental problems, but with some unique talents as well.

How am I a populist? Are you besmirching my dilettantish lexicon?  Wink
MCT
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 11:50:53 PM »

Salicadoola, Menchicaboola,
Bippity Boppity Boo!
Put 'em together and what do you got?
Bippity, Boppity Boo!

Salicadoola means,
Menchcaboolaroo!
But the thing-a-ma-bob
That does the job is
Bippity, Boppity Boo!

Salicadoola, Mencicaboola,
Bippity, Boppity Boo!
Put 'em together and what do you got?
Bippity Boppity, Bippity Boppity,
Bippity Boppity Boo!

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 12:31:09 AM »

Respect, walk

Run your mouth when I'm not around
It's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize

Can you hear the violins playing your song?
Those same friends tell me your every word

Is there no standard anymore?
What it takes, who I am, where I've been
Belong
You can't be something you're not
Be yourself, by yourself
Stay away from me
A lesson learned in life
Known from the dawn of time
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 06:22:46 AM »

Words like discrimination and racist have pejorative connotations to average people, but they're neutral to those who know better.

Rascism

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Neutral to those that know better? confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 11:49:26 AM »

You obviously can't see his joke.

You obviously are a joke. Which of course you've demonstrated repeatedly in the past.

An idiot, by definition, has an IQ less than 20.

Such a definition is actually obsolete nowadays. Technically. And we all, in truth, know what I meant. It's a word too ingrained in our popular culture and collective vocab to be misinterpreted.

Calling someone an idiot is baiting them into an IQ contest.

Maybe. If you want to utilize some severely wrinkled blanket anyway.

But in this case we're dealing with a singularity - me. And branding GNRM an idiot is just that - branding him an idiot.

You are an idiot.

Of course, the guy who doesn't even know what an idiot is (and ignorantly uses the term incorrectly) is probably going to lose.

Exactly what I was thinking... ok

Besides, ever heard of an idiot savant?

What do you mean, populist?

Idiots sometimes have extraordinary abilities...

Yup.

Ultimately, isn't it low for an equality loving libbyral to judge someone based on their IQ?

Like it or lump it I don't adhere to any of your prescribed worldviews.

Oh, and before I forget:

Besides, ever heard of an idiot savant? Idiots sometimes have extraordinary abilities, like music. Ultimately, isn't it low for an equality loving libbyral to judge someone based on their IQ? Tongue

Good one.

I like this post, how do you come up with this stuff? hihi

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 12:46:46 PM »

I love a good internet beat down when they are so deserved. Thanks for the read.

Anytime you want to compare IQs MCt, let me know. Before you tell me how smart you are and that you're going to take me on "an intelectual ride" just like me say that I've read more great works of philosophy then you can care to imagine.

Just because you read something, does not mean you understand it, nor does it make you more intelligent. In fact you are living proof of this very statement.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:30:00 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 01:47:45 PM »

I love a good internet beat down when they are so deserved. Thanks for the read.

Indeed, a very fine performance

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 03:19:08 PM »

Rascism

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

You have problems if you're using a dictionary definition to define a complex issue such as racism. Tomes have been written on subjects like racism, philosophy, religion, etc. Dictionaries are for common knowledge of a word for the common people, not the thinkers. Refrain from using them on these kinds of debates and you'll come out better.

I'll settle this issue with some hard facts. Biological fact: all species overbreed when given the opportunity. Another one: the stronger species survive the death cycle brought about by overbreeding. Heres more: a population group (race) is a division of a species that hasn't gone through speciation yet, but has phenotype traits in place to aid the process (feather color, fur length, skin color, etc). Population groups stay separate until resources are short due to overbreeding, and then they compete, and the stronger group wins.

That's just hardcore biology for you. War between tribes and genocide are the rules of history, not the norm. Some historians calculated that in all of human history, there have only been ~200 years of world peace. These were rare times in which all societies were in the growth phase, but they were ALWAYS followed by the death phase. And this cycle continues, bringing about stronger and better humans through natural selection. Do you not believe in evolution, then? Evolution of this type (microevolution within a species) is even compatible with the Bible!

We live in a unique time where technology permits overbreeding and races can live together in peace temporarily, even sharing culture! This will end when the oil ends, or a nuke goes off, a meteor hits Earth, or a plague hits all countries (choose your disaster, it doesn't matter what it is, but it will happen eventually), and another death cycle, a law of biology, will happen. People will compete for resources and the weaker will die. Even if we were a single race, we would break down into subdivisions and the cycle would occur. It's inevitable.

This goes beyond race. Race only means something in a death cycle, and even then, culture and belief are just as important, if not more important, when it's time to find similar thinkers and plan to survive the coming winter, so to speak. In the end, the human race benefits (cheesy, I know!  ok) as we get progressively stronger throughout time. Did you know a single Wall Street Journal contains more information than a Dark Age barbarian would know in his lifetime? We're getting stronger and smarter due to death cycles; it's what made us what we are: modern humans.

Race isn't a good or a bad thing. It's just how we are and we have to live with it. It's part of being human. The only way we could eliminate racism is eliminating death cycles, but our finite resouces and biological laws prevent this from happening. Decrying racism as cruel or abnormal only works in a peace cycle when there's a lot of resources to go around. Facing it as I have done it to understand why it happens is much more effective.

EDIT: Racism is going to be history when genetic engineering picks up. We'll still find exciting new ways to kill each other, however, and that's what the true issue is. I'm only giving you the historical and current explanation, but these reasons will be obsolete in a few hundred years, given our growing knowledge of biology. It's kind of silly argueing it, therefore, in our current time, but the history of the subject is still part of our memory.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 05:43:36 PM by Walk » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 07:16:49 PM »

I say, ignore the racist troll. He may go away one day.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 06:48:28 AM »

We can't ignore racism, it has to be taken care of

Surfrider
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 11:06:41 AM »

I can see we have come along way since Jarmo lectured the board about personal attacks in political threads.? I was astonished no one got banned from this thread, let alone warned.? Of course, I guess it is only the conservatives that throw personal attacks.? This thread is a pretty good conglomeration of the normal attacks: Hitler, racist, idiot etc.  Check this out:

the average American is a fucking moron.?

I warned people that watching Starship Troopers 18 times a week leads to brain damage, patient A above clearly demonstrates my findings

Service guarentees citizenship! peace

Hey Frenchie, listen, you can't appeal to the likes of that (GNRM). Especially when it's a forcefully projected mask you're addressing.

Still, I'd be interested to see how Mr. Archetypical Paradigm In A Can would approach your implications. Idiocy is always fun to watch stumble all over itself.

Anytime you want to compare IQs MCt, let me know.? Before you tell me how smart you are and that you're going to take me on "an intelectual ride" just like me say

Yes...if only we were to remove these people, we'd have a racially pure volk - heil Hitler!

You. Are. An. Idiot. An idiot of the first rank.

At first I had myself convinced that you were just an egregious little sock puppet of sorts, a second rank idiot. But after your last post there I had to bump you up to first - you believe in yourself...

You are an idiot.

Rascism

Anytime you want to compare IQs MCt, let me know. Before you tell me how smart you are and that you're going to take me on "an intelectual ride" just like me say that I've read more great works of philosophy then you can care to imagine.

Just because you read something, does not mean you understand it, nor does it make you more intelligent. In fact you are living proof of this very statement.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2005, 11:30:03 AM »

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKIN "funny video" thread .... guys ...  !!! ?____?

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2005, 02:31:28 PM »

People will still find some other unimportant reasons to kill and mistreat each other, though. You're looking at the symptom, not the disease. You won't solve anything doing that.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2005, 02:32:07 PM »

I think most people have already seen and commented on the video. Relax. Smiley
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2005, 03:42:56 PM »

I think most people have already seen and commented on the video. Relax. Smiley

i know, i was just chainging topic.
hey walk, we never really talk.
how is life by the way ? school's fun ? dating anyone ?

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2005, 04:06:04 PM »

People will still find some other unimportant reasons to kill and mistreat each other, though. You're looking at the symptom, not the disease. You won't solve anything doing that.

That's a nice excuse, but an excuse is all it is

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: