Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  18% Increase in Sales Of Greatest Hits
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 18% Increase in Sales Of Greatest Hits  (Read 9809 times)
anythinggoes
« on: November 09, 2005, 12:06:43 PM »

Mtv is reporing a number of previously released hits discs experienced a surge in sales this week ? most notably, Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits, which takes #60 with more than 17,000 copies sold thanks to an 18 percent increase in retail interest

Full article
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 12:31:39 PM »

I wonder why. Maybe GH will be a stocking stuffer. Interesting to note that GN'Rs best of has way outsold all the Crue's GHs.
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 12:43:27 PM »

I think GNR's music is more well known to the general public. The average Joe will see November Rain and Sweet Child on the same disk and thats worthy of its purchase alone!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 12:47:29 PM »

I wonder why. Maybe GH will be a stocking stuffer. Interesting to note that GN'Rs best of has way outsold all the Crue's GHs.
My American friends you should start to understand one thing: Motley Crue are NOTHING outside the USA. How can you even think to "compare" them with GN'R? Give me a break. Please. Nobody knows who they are. Total unknown. I don't even know one song of them, I just know the name of the drummer -Tommy lee- because he was married to Pamela Anderson.
99,999999% of the Europeans (and the rest of the world, i'm sure) don"t know who "Motley Crue" are and can't name a song from them. This band is a typicall American "hair-metal" band of the 80's...to sum-up, nobody gives a flying shit of them outside America.

Comparing Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue is...embarrassing. Sorry, but it's just the truth. Nobody knows who the hell they are and what they play.
It's like comparing U2 to...I don't know...Good Charlotte lol.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 12:58:36 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 01:07:43 PM »

My American friends you should start to understand one thing: Motley Crue are NOTHING outside the USA. How can you even think to "compare" them with GN'R? Give me a break. Please. Nobody knows who they are. Total unknown. I don't even know one song of them, I just know the name of the drummer -Tommy lee- because he was married to Pamela Anderson.
99,999999% of the Europeans (and the rest of the world, i'm sure) don"t know who "Motley Crue" are and can't name a song from them. This band is a typicall American "hair-metal" band of the 80's...to sum-up, nobody gives a flying shit of them outside America.

Comparing Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue is...embarrassing. Sorry, but it's just the truth. Nobody knows who the hell they are and what they play.
It's like comparing U2 to...I don't know...Good Charlotte lol.

Very very good post Nesquick. Its true you simply cant compare the two bands. In England unless you are a complete metal head which thankfully I am not, you are considered to be a complete geek if you like Motley Crue. I cringe when I think of Guns n Roses being compared to Motley Crue or any other metal band! Mike

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 01:12:36 PM »

Sorry but what is motley crew?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 01:30:45 PM »

Vince Neils band.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Evolution
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 01:39:42 PM »

It's true. Although they did a small arena tour over here in June. So i guess whilst their name means something, not a lot.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 01:46:56 PM »

Vince Neils band.
And who the hell is Vince Neil?  Huh

I somehow learned of Motley Crue @ this board.

No offence to the motley fans but that's true. Until I started to visit GNR boards, I didn't know of Motley crue, poison n such. I still don't like the 80's hair metal sound at all.

GNR is such an exceptional band.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 01:51:49 PM »

I don't think so, Guns had always been a bigger band
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 01:55:55 PM »

In England unless you are a complete metal head which thankfully I am not, you are considered to be a complete geek if you like Motley Crue. I cringe when I think of Guns n Roses being compared to Motley Crue or any other metal band! Mike

Same for me. I find it pretty embarrassing this comparaison. Same opinion concerning the metal-heads thing. Hoppefully, The imense majority of GN'R fans aren't metal-Heads and have nothing to do with those kind of people. I've been listening listen to GN'R since my childhood, and it's insulting for me to be associated with metal-heads. really insulting. I'm nowhere near of those kind of people and of that kind of music. I'm just a normal guy, I like Rock music, I like GN'R, oasis, U2, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc...where is the "heavy metal" thing? That's not what i like! I have nothing to do with heavy-metal. I'm sick of this "metal-heads" minority among the GN'R fans who like to speak for the other GN'R fans. If you are a metal-head, fine, that's you business, but don't speak for the rest of us. I own over 400+ CD at home, exept the "black album" from metallica, I don't own even one Metal record. That kind of music doesn't interest me.

Rant is over (dawn).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 03:45:22 PM by nesquick » Logged

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 02:28:59 PM »

Off topic: Motley's DOD sold 4 million in the USA. Roll Eyes

On topic: That's really amazing considering other bands greatest hits come and go on the charts.

Edit: Too the butthead known as Nesquick, why don't you keep your retarded comments to yourself!! A band not being popular in europe doesn't mean their music is bad.  I mean, come on, no one gives a shit about Oasis over here in america.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 02:37:27 PM by Gunner80? » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 02:56:01 PM »

My American friends you should start to understand one thing: Motley Crue are NOTHING outside the USA. How can you even think to "compare" them with GN'R? Give me a break. Please. Nobody knows who they are. Total unknown. I don't even know one song of them,

rofl

Do people on this board compete to show their ignorance?

U haven't heard a single Motley Crue song and yet feel thats more than enough with which to make an opinion on them with?

Having shifted 40 million albums they are one of the highest selling rock acts of the last 20 years. But ur right they re unknown hihi

Now, why don't u go back to posts about how metal is just noise and people screaming ok

edit: scrolls down - lol - u actually did post another of your rants against ''metal''.

Your like a stuck record
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 02:58:47 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 03:27:05 PM »

My American friends you should start to understand one thing: Motley Crue are NOTHING outside the USA. How can you even think to "compare" them with GN'R? Give me a break. Please. Nobody knows who they are. Total unknown. I don't even know one song of them,

rofl

Do people on this board compete to show their ignorance?

U haven't heard a single Motley Crue song and yet feel thats more than enough with which to make an opinion on them with?

Having shifted 40 million albums they are one of the highest selling rock acts of the last 20 years. But ur right they re unknown hihi

Meh,  if I went around asking people if they could name a Motley Crue song I wouldn't get very many answers.  People may have heard the name of the band (most likely because of Tommy Lee like someone said), but haven't heard any of their music.

Funny how someone will use album sales when it benefits their point of view.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 03:35:29 PM »

Having shifted 40 million albums they are one of the highest selling rock acts of the last 20 years. But ur right they re unknown

How many copies outside USA? 3 million? 4 million? maybe 5 million? within 20 years of career??hihi and i guess it's a VERY specific audience who buys their records. Certainely not "the mass". I'm sure even Sum41 did way better concerning the sales.
It's a typicall American Band. Successfull? yes, but just between NY and L.A., Detroit and Miami. GN'R is (was?) both an American and a worldwide phenomenon. 40 million albums in the USA, 40 million albums in the rest of the world. How can you even compare? it's a non-sense.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 03:41:26 PM by nesquick » Logged

RichardNixon
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 03:40:54 PM »

Off topic: Motley's DOD sold 4 million in the USA. Roll Eyes

On topic: That's really amazing considering other bands greatest hits come and go on the charts.

Edit: Too the butthead known as Nesquick, why don't you keep your retarded comments to yourself!! A band not being popular in europe doesn't mean their music is bad.? I mean, come on, no one gives a shit about Oasis over here in america.

DOD came out in '91! I didn't want to turn this into a "Motley" sucks thread. My point was just with GN'R outselling the Crue in GH sales, GN'R has better stood the test of time, compared to other 80s bands.
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 03:47:47 PM »

only reason ppl dont know of motley is becouse they never really toured over there but i belive u can in fact compare them to GNR if u live in america
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 03:57:28 PM »

I think they've toured through Europe.

whatever, No need to piss on other fans just because they have different taste than yours.
Such an act just goes against the proper spirit of GNR, I'd say.

Funny how someone will use album sales when it benefits their point of view.

Yep. In fairness, it depends on who they're talking to.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 04:10:57 PM »

Does it really matter how well an album sells? seriously who gives a flying fuck? There are tons of albums that sell better than GnR, DOesn't mean that I will like them

Motley crue was one of the biggest acts of the 80's and early 90's and got nearly as much radio and video play as GnR did.

The only reason why GnR is more popular right now is cuz of the success of VR and the flop that is the Crue's latest "effort". That's all.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 04:13:16 PM »

Something like 40% of all album sales happen in this quarter of the year.

It's the run up to Christmas.  MTV are dumb.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: