Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 07:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Green Day
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Green Day  (Read 32530 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:42 AM »

Green Day played on the "America's Got Talent" finale last night.  They actually got top billing over Justin Bieber, believe it or not.  That kid is ridiculous.  He's like the Beatles with the reaction from all his little girl fans.  What is wrong with these kids?  Anyway, Green Day did a good job.  I dig the lead single.  And here's a recent article I came across where Billie Joe expresses his feelings for Bon Jovi.  Apparently, he's not too fond of them.  Gotta love when people are honest.  Thought it was funny.

http://www.noise11.com/news/billie-joe-armstrong-says-bon-jovi-are-the-worst-band-20120913?utm_source=Noise11+Subscribers&utm_campaign=5b8b46d833-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email

Billie Joe Armstrong Says Bon Jovi Are The ?Worst Band?

by Music-News.com on September 13, 2012

Billie Joe Armstrong insists Bon Jovi are the ?worst? band he?s ever played alongside.

The Green Day frontman has performed a huge variety of stage shows since the punk band formed in the ?80s. Billie Joe has played with a number of other musicians during his extensive career, and regretfully admits that American rock band Bon Jovi failed to impress him.

?The best is probably The Hives,? he said when asked about his favourite group to perform with. ?They?re a great live band.

?The worst? Oh boy, I have to go with Bon Jovi!?

Billie Joe is always amused by the number of rumours that swirl around about him. The 40-year-old star is not fazed by such speculation ? apart from when his family think it is true.

?I heard that I was dead. That?s pretty hard to beat, rumour-wise,? he laughed in an interview with British magazine Kerrang!

?I was in Los Angeles recording American Idiot, and I got a call from my wife freaking out. It was just internet stuff gone wild.?

Green Day is also made up of members Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool. The band is not immune from the odd argument ? especially when they?re touring.

?When you?re on the road, that happens all the time because you start to go a little wacko. The last time was probably right before we were about to go onstage at Shepherd?s Bush [venue in London],? he explained.

?We were having a band fight about personal stuff, and I was being a total diva.?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »

Ha! Bon Jovi!  Thats pretty funny. I'm not surprised since Billie loathes most 80's rock bands.  I know he likes GNR and Metallica a lot , but I think that might be it.

I have to check out the "America's Got Talent" thing, they have been doing so much promo for this trilogy.  If you pre-ordered tix for their new tour I believe you got Uno! for free, but that might have just been fan club members im not sure. The record should do really well, but its going to be tough to beat No Doubt's comeback album that week, chartwise anyway, well see. 
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »

Ha! Bon Jovi!  Thats pretty funny. I'm not surprised since Billie loathes most 80's rock bands.  I know he likes GNR and Metallica a lot , but I think that might be it.

I have to check out the "America's Got Talent" thing, they have been doing so much promo for this trilogy.  If you pre-ordered tix for their new tour I believe you got Uno! for free, but that might have just been fan club members im not sure. The record should do really well, but its going to be tough to beat No Doubt's comeback album that week, chartwise anyway, well see. 

They'll beat No Doubt. They have been away too long.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »

The Replacements are one of his favourite bands.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »

The Replacements are one of his favourite bands.

yeah definitely.  I should have been more specific, by 80's rock bands I meant like the big commercial ones, Poison, Warrant, Bon Jovi etc.. I know he loves a ton punk rock bands from the 80's.  He has been vocal about not liking the 80's glam/pop metal stuff, which Bon Jovi falls into.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:19:03 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »

Exactly why I think No Doubt will take the number 1 spot, there is so much hype around their new record because it has been a decade since the last one.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »

Exactly why I think No Doubt will take the number 1 spot, there is so much hype around their new record because it has been a decade since the last one.
While I actually enjoy "Settle Down", I've heard a lot of people who feel otherwise and it's not exactly lighting up the charts.  I think Green Day has a pretty good shot at beating them out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »

cool story on the album trilogy by Guitar World, you can check it out at their website

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »

Apparently Armstrong is having personal issues after his whacked out meltdown at the iHeartradio fest over the weekend, very unfortunate.

Green Day's front man Billie Joe Armstrong is entering rehab for substance abuse ... a rep for the band tells TMZ.

The news comes just two days after Armstrong went ballistic in Vegas during a performance at the iHeart Radio Music Festival. He was videotaped screaming obscenities, slamming Justin Bieber and violently smashing his guitar on-stage.

The band's rep tells TMZ,  "Green day wants to apologize to those they offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50CR_3q3yu4&feature=player_embedded

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/23/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-headed-to-rehab/#ixzz27KBmpj9T
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:29:30 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2012, 10:42:52 PM »

I don't think they should apolgise at all. They had to cut their set nearly in half for some dude who shows you to your seat... (Usher)  hihi

Fuck Usher, Bieber, and all that other computerized auto-tuned lip-synching pop shit.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2012, 11:04:33 PM »

I don't think they should apolgise at all. They had to cut their set nearly in half for some dude who shows you to your seat... (Usher)  hihi

Fuck Usher, Bieber, and all that other computerized auto-tuned lip-synching pop shit.

couldn't agree more, at least a few people in music still have the balls to say what is on their mind.  Green Day have been at it for 24 years, and are still at the top of their game, they shouldn't be having their time cut by the likes of Usher...of course the label is locking him away in rehab for it, but still..totally worth it!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2012, 01:13:46 AM »

I saw the clip.... never liked Green Day, but respect Billie Joe a ton after that clip. True rock and roll moment!
CBGNR
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »

Watched it on YT,funny but also seemed completely planned.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »

Apparently he's going to rehab

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »

yeah rehab and canceled appearances for the next few weeks, hardly something a person would plan.  I don't think it was staged at all, he was pissed and just lost it, its not the first time he's flipped out on stage, wont be the last.  Its Billie Joe Armstrong not Drake over here, I don't understand why people are so surprised that he had a profanity laced flip out.  Where have they been the last 24 years?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »

I'm not a fan but that BJ got a lil' more restepc from me now.  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »

Coming from the Male Avril Lavigne he should shut the fuck up

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »

Coming from the Male Avril Lavigne he should shut the fuck up

I don't know if i'd go that far lol. Green Day does have talent. She well, doesn't.
deadflowerII
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2012, 06:16:50 PM »

i think he is theeeee lamest , fakest,"rockstar"out there.....really???  a broadway play???   there is nothing punk or rock  that dude! & that shit he pulled the other night was just another 'whaaaaaaaa look at me' moment........fuck him.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »

i think he is theeeee lamest , fakest,"rockstar"out there.....really???  a broadway play???   there is nothing punk or rock  that dude! & that shit he pulled the other night was just another 'whaaaaaaaa look at me' moment........fuck him.

So are The Who not real rockstars?  They actually wrote a broadway play, unlike Billie Joe who's album was made into a broadway play.  How exactly is he fake?   I will counter your statement by saying he is one of the very few real actual rockstars left out there.

Also nothing wrong with the Broadway thing, actually saw it twice, once with Billie Joe in it, I didn't realize there were rules on how someone expresses their art
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:21:15 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: