Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 03:46:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228017 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNRonline forum people
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNRonline forum people  (Read 6869 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« on: November 23, 2005, 12:01:22 PM »

The GNRonline forum was shut down due to some one posting Axl's home phone number.  Obviously some people called it because I would think if no one did call then this would not have been an issue.

So I was just thinking about it before and I am curious.  Do you remember who posted the phone number?  Also, did you or anyone you know call the number?  I got back one day and the forum was closed and I found out about the phone number thing from other people.  I did not see any of the aftermath.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 12:03:17 PM »

I believe it had something to do with Renato and or Xozi....the people who Axl mentioned at Rio ....but I might be wrong..

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 12:20:01 PM »

Remember Lolly?
ha ha ha

I still have the Real Video of that newsstory somewhere at home on my computer.

But as for posting Axl's number, I think that was just one of the reasons it was shut down. It went downhill very quickly. No active moderators make message board use nearly unbearable.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 12:21:58 PM »

I  thought it was shut down because someone posted betas SSN.  IT was rumored axl posted on that forum under the name felix the cat.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 12:24:57 PM »

haha see this is what I love.  4 different people have posted and 4 different reasons have been given for the shutdown on gnronline.  That place really was a mess.

But I vividly remember going on it one night then the next night it being shut down.  Then I went to other forums and read that some one had posted Axl's phone number.

Dave I remember the Felix the Cat rumors.  And of course I remember Lolly.  I had that video clip a long time ago, I dont know what happened to it.  That woman was crazy.  I also remember when Harley talked about when she met Axl Lolly started cursing at her and saying some of the most horrible things I have ever read.  That was nuts. 
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 12:36:45 PM »

I? thought it was shut down because someone posted betas SSN.? IT was rumored axl posted on that forum under the name felix the cat.

There was a poster on here named Felix Da Housecat earlier this year. He started that "The Shape of Estranged" thread http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21426.msg366809#msg366809

The person posted 5 times in a 1 week period at the end of June early July of 2005.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 12:44:10 PM »

There was a poster on here named Felix Da Housecat earlier this year. He started that "The Shape of Estranged" thread http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21426.msg366809#msg366809

Before somebody starts thinking that's Axl, that user's e-mail address belongs to a educational facility which is located outside of the USA.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 12:45:10 PM »

Before somebody starts thinking that's Axl, that user's e-mail address belongs to a educational facility which is located outside of the USA.....

/jarmo

Sorry Jarmo Embarrassed I just remembered that poster when Dave mentioned it

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 01:45:49 PM »

/jarmo

So Jarmo, what you are telling us is that Axl is going to college overseas???  What is he studying?  Personally, I think he'd be a natural for marine biology, just look at the Estranged video.  This is great news.  ok   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 02:03:07 PM »

I remember after the forum was shut down (for a few days we could still access it by typing out the addy in the browser bar) everyone was scrambling to find a new place to talk.

Remember the day Buckethead was announced as the new guitarest?  There wasn't one reaction in that place that didn't start with WTF!?

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 02:04:13 PM »

Oh yes, and it was because his phone number and address was posted.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »

I remember after the forum was shut down (for a few days we could still access it by typing out the addy in the browser bar) everyone was scrambling to find a new place to talk.

Remember the day Buckethead was announced as the new guitarest?? There wasn't one reaction in that place that didn't start with WTF!?

I remember reading that one.  I was depressed for a week.  Trading in the top-hat for a chicken bucket?  Just when I was starting to get use to the idea, Bucket leaves. hihi

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 02:48:24 PM »

anyone remember the old Chinese Democracy board? That was prob the biggest forum on the internet 5-6 years ago.
They shut it down.. dont know why though

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 02:55:07 PM »

anyone remember the old Chinese Democracy board? That was prob the biggest forum on the internet 5-6 years ago.
They shut it down.. dont know why though

There were 5 main gnr forums in that time. HTGTH, mygnr, the gnr bar, CD forum and 2ti. Only two surived. Jarmos and mygnr.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 03:00:18 PM »

Did anyone used to visit or post at: The Lost Rose.com? It was the only other site apart from HTGTH that I used to use! Not long after the 02 tour it went down and has not been put back up live since! The person behind the site was some dude called NIATSIE. It was a pretty fucking good site in my opinion! Did any of you lot visit it or post on it? Mike

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 03:02:52 PM »

Did anyone used to visit or post at: The Lost Rose.com? It was the only other site apart from HTGTH that I used to use! Not long after the 02 tour it went down and has not been put back up live since! The person behind the site was some dude called NIATSIE. It was a pretty fucking good site in my opinion! Did any of you lot visit it or post on it? Mike

I did, and it was a good site. That's where i got the mp3's from the RIR3 show ok

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 03:03:29 PM »

I think I've seen the site recently.

I wasn't around in the GNR world then.... Undecided
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 03:03:59 PM »

Yeah! i remember LostRose.com i guess the front picture logo is stil on that domene, but the main site is down.
I used that site ALOT! When i quit posting at messageboards after Chinesedem. went down! They i started again at this great board!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
conny
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 03:16:03 PM »

/jarmo

No trying to be a smartass here, but just in case you didn't know - an IP doesn't have to be the actual IP and reveal the actual computer/ country. If I wanted to, I could make it look to you like I'm posting from Brazil or Japan, when in fact I'd still be posting from good old Germany - no big thing, if you check the IP then, it would give you a data out of the blue, something even my ISP and even I don't know. I don't know what that trick / technique is called, but it's definetely possible. I've seen and tried it with a friend who is a bit more computer literate than I am. Anyway, what I'm saying is, when someone wants to remain anonymous, the IP is not a problem.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 03:26:08 PM »

Yeah, true conny but I don't think you can use  the addy of, say oxford uni.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: