Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:50:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228057 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would you be angry at axl if he just gave up on this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: would you be angry at axl if he just gave up on this?  (Read 13303 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 08:54:23 AM »

after all these years it didn't happen and all the guys he recruited that stayed faithfull wound up getting zero out of their wait?? Anything is possible, I wanted to hear since most of us are axl fans if that would change your feeling towards the man..?? Just food for thought, just as the album can come out early 2006 it also might not... Discuss because I am curious, I know people have developed feelings towards new member

I'd be angry but not be surprised. Wait, angry is not the best word, I'd be fuckin' disappointed. To tell the truth it's sad that the man had a lot of talent, he is gifted, and hasn't done anything in the last 12 years. It'd be easier if he said that 'Hey guys, it's over, I don't wanna do this anymore', but instead of doing this he acts (acted) like there would be a chance for his comeback. And his false alarms, wishful thinking, poor live performances and inability to finish his album made him a joke for the general public. Sad.  Cry

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 10:54:23 AM »

It won't happen unless he is incapable of working. I mean physically.
I'd really feel sorry for him.  Cry

But then again...in that case  he would hand it over to the rest of the band, I bet.
You just can't bury great materials like IRS. it's a sin against the Muse.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 11:57:20 AM »

I wonder if in the back of the band's mind if they have given up at all..? When each year passes you just say another year gone and less word from axl.. it must really suck to know you did great work and were so patient and so close (vmas 2002 tour) to only be going in reverse 3 years later... To think where new gnr might have been by now?/ This has to always cross their mind, they must have mixed feelings, anger definetly one of them.. Sure joining axl was a bit risky but I'm sure he drew out the plan to them and I'm sure it wasn't this way.

Axl doesn't owe me shit really.... But he does owe his bandmates something for all that time they stayed quiet and with him
RichardNixon
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 12:23:40 PM »

We will get "Chinese Democracy." Worst comes to worse, Axl will die of old age, then we will get the demos. Most of us will out live him, so there.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 12:27:04 PM »

well  i`d be really, really disappointed!!  and i`d be very angry, not because he didn`t release it, but because he promised it.      but it would still be better if he`d say that there won`t be a new album, than if it just doesn`t come out and we don`t get any announcments from him.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 12:53:20 PM »

Angry, no.  A bit miffed, yes.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 01:13:41 PM »

:rant:FUCK YES rant

This was the reaction of a poster who's put up 3 posts...Magnify this reaction by 167 times and you can get a look at what my reaction would be!  I would be totally fuckin pissed off!
   rant  rant  rant   rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant 
rant

On a brighter note, I do believe CD will come in '06.   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2005, 01:16:41 PM »

We will get "Chinese Democracy." Worst comes to worse, Axl will die of old age, then we will get the demos. Most of us will out live him, so there.

I think it's about what you want from this new gnr experience,... Do you want videos, do you want tours, or do you just want cd then you'll be happy.. I mean I am sure someone could force the fucker out eventually, but that would mean axl isn't behind it but the band might be..  So sure we can get cd and enjoy it to the fullest but we won't get the great things that comes with a album (vids tours interviews).. It's sometimes crazy how much we all crave one album...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2005, 01:18:50 PM »

I wonder if in the back of the band's mind if they have given up at all..?

And yet one of them makes more than 5 replys a day for the fans? Roll Eyes

But he does owe his bandmates something for all that time they stayed quiet and with him

Yeah, how swell!

Q:Was there any resistance in the Guns N' Roses camp in releasing your solo album?

"No, it's actually the exact opposite. [Axl Rose] has been real supportive of me and my stuff. He's listened to it all and totally championing me. One reason why is that it keeps me from barking up the tree, his tree, going "What are we doing? What am I doing?" I've been pretty straight up about everything and it works out good. Everyone out there would really love to hear me talk shit and say, "Yeah, he had me fuckin' tied by the balls, and I decided to fuck him and make my own [record]" but it's really just nonsense. I've talked about it enough where it's like now, I'm done even explaining it in those terms. [Rose] is really supportive of me and I'm totally into doing Guns N' Roses again. We made a great record together and when it comes out, I'll be the first one in line to go tour behind it." --------Tommy Stinson NOVEMBER 2004

Key words: to bark up the wrong tree
Jonathan
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2005, 01:37:29 PM »

Not angry but I would be disappointed..
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2005, 02:07:54 PM »

If a knew anything with finality, I'd be fine. If I were a band member and I knew it wasnt happening, I'd be relieved to get the 200 pound monkey off my back of being part of something that I'm constantly asked about and can't give an honest answer to. As a fan, I'd be disaapointed but relieved that I would no longer have to even consider the possibility of hearing it...i'd be free from the myth, so to speak.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 03:04:26 PM »

And yet one of them makes more than 5 replys a day for the fans?

rarrrr.. I felt the Roll Eyes No one said anything about the band members definetly I said if there might be doubt at all.. Like any one person of the band.. Wether they answer questions or not the truth always comes out eventually.. Plenty of times I have had opposite feelings with a job and played along until it was ovr.. You can have serious doubt but still play the game just incase..
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2005, 03:42:39 PM »

Would kind of make me feel rather stupid for waiting this long

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2005, 04:39:15 PM »

Wether they answer questions or not the truth always comes out eventually.. Plenty of times I have had opposite feelings with a job and played along until it was ovr.. You can have serious doubt but still play the game just incase..
What truth? The truth is that you're still waiting. I don't know what you're waiting for tho.

You can't have serious doubt and volunteer your precious time to like start to send many hopeful mails on your own pretty recently. Or you mean it became a part of his job to reply to the fan mails? from like a few month ago? Bloody unlikely, however it would mean only one thing that is further concrete. Either way now he should be quite sure of its coming.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2005, 04:40:09 PM »

i'd be well pissed off. not w/out at least another album of new stuff.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 04:40:17 PM »

If he explains the reasons why, no I wouldn't. He is a human beeing, not a machine.
But his voluntary and intentional silence sucks. This is very, very disrespectfull.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 04:54:17 PM »

But his voluntary and intentional silence sucks. This is very, very disrespectfull.

"You have to realize that he CHOOSES not to defend
himself in the press.  He believes that all that matters is the music."  Wink

He sells his music (when it's ready), not himself.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 05:02:28 PM »

Angry, no. It would be sad tho seeing that talent go to waste.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005, 05:23:18 PM »

agree with pepebb!
Axl wil talk when he is ready to talk
i dont see any reason why he should
give interviews and update, when
things arent set stright yet! There is
no reason to talk when tings yet to be
formal and written to the last pencil, like
Tommy said. He would just get bashed
if he were speculating out a date, and
could not hold it! Im sure Axl is the one
of us who absolutly would like to make
things happen, and we dont know shit
about what he is dealing with! Fortus
said something about outsidedesturbents.
Ill wait for him to give us the candy!
"Im still right here givin blood, keeping
faith, and im still, right here"  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2005, 06:22:18 PM »

Not a chance. Axl owes me nothing.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: