Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:18:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228057 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would you be angry at axl if he just gave up on this?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: would you be angry at axl if he just gave up on this?  (Read 13304 times)
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2005, 06:23:25 PM »

I already think Axl has quit. The fact that NuGNR has no band photo together and Axl has never photographed with them makes me think it was a test for Axl and not a real comeback, and not real GNR. He tested the waters, found them cold and packed it up.

Chinese Democracy or a band reunion will come whenever he needs the money.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2005, 06:35:11 PM »

He tested the waters
he tested lots of things in 2001/2002. No doubt about it. He tested the audience reaction.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2005, 06:56:47 PM »

Not a chance. Axl owes me nothing.

Just because a fan would be very angry if Axl gave up, doesn't mean that Axl "owes us" something.  It would be a combination of all the emotions so far mentioned:  anger, sadness, pity, and frustration. 

I think a person would have to be pretty damn cold to just say, "Oh well, Axl's done, but I'm not upset...even if I did wait for years and years to hear my favorite musician release his vision..."  Give me a fuckin' break.  I would seriously question your love for this band if that kind of news didn't make you angry.   ok 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Chief
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2005, 07:35:38 PM »

i'd be very disappointed because of all the potential in him and the band, VERY disappointed.  that said, i don't think that will be the case at all!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2005, 08:17:24 PM »

I, myself, one of the veteran fans, would feel dissapointed to say the least. I'm a fan, been a fan for so long I can barely remember. To say "Axl will only release the album when he is ready and this and that..." is a bunch of bullshit really. If you trully are a GNR fan and feel this way, then you are not a fan or haven't been one for a long while.

I wouldn't be angry cause I have many things on my life to worry about other than a GNR album, however Chinese Democracy would bring me a moment of happiness. A a human being, I want to have as many moments of happines as I possibly can and Chinese Democracy would definitely make that possible.? My life is not depending on it, but it'd be nice if Axl released the album.

Just to let some of you know (how long it's been) the first news I had about a new GNR album were from early 94. I watched an interview with Slash in which he said "GNR had 17-18 songs in pre-production at that time, expect a release pretty soon". Maybe that was Slash lying or really giving an update on the album, will never know, but that's when I started to think that a new GNR album was coming up.

It's been 11 years and no album has been released (besides the GH and Live ERA). I kinda got used to this feeling really. I'm not angry nor expect really anything at this point, but if nothing ever comes out, I'll be disspointed. Yes.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2005, 08:32:15 PM »

Ignatius, you're right on.   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2005, 11:39:50 PM »

I already think Axl has quit. The fact that NuGNR has no band photo together and Axl has never photographed with them makes me think it was a test for Axl and not a real comeback, and not real GNR. He tested the waters, found them cold and packed it up.

I completely agree, unfortunately  Cry

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
kathryn2662
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2005, 11:52:43 PM »

that would be funny
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2005, 04:58:57 AM »

no

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2005, 06:10:02 AM »

No I wouldn't. He doesn't owe us anything. Sure it would be a terrible lost, 'cause we all believe in the man and know what he is capable of writting (and singing, and ranting, etc), but angry....No!

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2005, 08:28:19 AM »

No I wouldn't. He doesn't owe us anything. Sure it would be a terrible lost, 'cause we all believe in the man and know what he is capable of writting (and singing, and ranting, etc), but angry....No!

why does everyone love to say he doesn't owe you anything?? Who the hell said he did, he owes his band members this..

It would be pretty lame if the last memories would be either dec 6th 02, or that bucket head quit speech
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2005, 09:54:30 AM »

Stop this 'he doesn't owe us anything' chant. He owes us at least an explanation since he promised the album long ago. You know, when your dad, mom, girlfirend, boyfriend, teacher etc. promises you something and it's not happenin', than the least you can expect is an explanation.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2005, 09:59:36 AM »

Its like when GNR split they never announced it cos they said later that evn they didnt wanna admit it.

This new GNR has been "seperated" for a few yrs now, the dream is over.

Axl has already given up. Well thats my opin, but all pointers lead that way. Im not mad at him....but I do think he's one of the biggest losers Ive ever heard of. To have so much and become so self important, selfish and insecure to throw it all away and drive away the people that helped you get there.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2005, 10:15:14 AM »

I'm also getting sick of the 'he doesn't owe us anything' line. Its almost as sick as the 'live your life' line some of the people here toss around on a daily basis. If Axl hadn't said it, it would be the furthest thing from their minds.  rant

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2005, 10:49:06 AM »

Stop this 'he doesn't owe us anything' chant. He owes us at least an explanation since he promised the album long ago. You know, when your dad, mom, girlfirend, boyfriend, teacher etc. promises you something and it's not happenin', than the least you can expect is an explanation.

He probably ows an explanation to the record company, but not us. Geffen (interscope, universal) is the company axl works for (record deal signed), so they are the ones with legitimate reasons to be angry with Mr. Rose, who probably (and I don't know the terms of the contract) hasn't fullfilled his obligations regarding the delivery of a new finished record to Geffen.

We choose to be fans, we are not paying axl in advance to give us a record. Sure it would be nice to have it soon (and I think it'll be released soon), but I personally don't think I have any reason at all to be angry if he doesn't release chinese democracy. If he indeed does...great, because it will make a lot of people happy. If he doesn't, it will surely be dissapointing, 'cause we won't get to hear a probable masterpiece. But angry......common!!.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2005, 11:01:38 AM »

I'm also getting sick of the 'he doesn't owe us anything' line. Its almost as sick as the 'live your life' line some of the people here toss around on a daily basis. If Axl hadn't said it, it would be the furthest thing from their minds.? rant

so true, everything axl says get used over n over.. Since everyone loves to quote axl he did say at the vmas that you would see cd but maybe not soon.. So you could say he owes an album in some way..

Its like when GNR split they never announced it cos they said later that evn they didnt wanna admit it.
but at least they had albums under their belts and did years of touring..  Now it's like this thing barely ever started, was it over before it began?
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

after all these years it didn't happen and all the guys he recruited that stayed faithfull wound up getting zero out of their wait?? Anything is possible, I wanted to hear since most of us are axl fans if that would change your feeling towards the man..?? Just food for thought, just as the album can come out early 2006 it also might not... Discuss because I am curious, I know people have developed feelings towards new member

No.
But I would rather that Axl had the balls to annouce this publicly rather than dragging this privately, leaving fans and band members wondering where his head is at. I would be really pissed if he did this, because this is the shitty way of going about your business. Almost makes me wish he had quit in 1994 when he still had his dignity.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2005, 11:04:56 AM »

after all these years it didn't happen and all the guys he recruited that stayed faithfull wound up getting zero out of their wait?? Anything is possible, I wanted to hear since most of us are axl fans if that would change your feeling towards the man..?? Just food for thought, just as the album can come out early 2006 it also might not... Discuss because I am curious, I know people have developed feelings towards new member

No.
But I would rather that Axl had the balls to annouce this publicly rather than dragging this privately, leaving fans and band members wondering where his head is at. I would be really pissed if he did this, because this is the shitty way of going about your business. Almost makes me wish he had quit in 1994 when he still had his dignity.

MNR

very true...

I hear you loud n clear Cry
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2005, 11:33:25 AM »

He tested the waters
he tested lots of things in 2001/2002. No doubt about it. He tested the audience reaction.

Which was stupid.  The crowd ain't gonna pop for material they've never heard before.  A radio single comes first, then the album, THEN THE TOUR!!

BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2005, 11:45:14 AM »

He tested the waters

Which was stupid.? The crowd ain't gonna pop for material they've never heard before.? A radio single comes first, then the album, THEN THE TOUR!!

GNR toured on the Use Your Illusion material a long time before the albums were released.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: