Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:05:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Tookie Williams (convicted murderer) desires clemency
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tookie Williams (convicted murderer) desires clemency  (Read 21566 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 06:26:30 PM »

Have you ever looked at the crime statistics for black men? ?Statisically speaking, they committ more violent crimes than other races in America. ?Black culture has even created gangster rap to glorify this behavior. ?Now certainly there are critics who argue that our police force focuses on blacks so more blacks are caught than whites. ?Sociologists argue that the socioeconomic status of blacks forces them into this lifestyle. ?Howver, if you look at the stats for those inidividuals committing the same crime, they get the death penalty equally regardless of race. ?There is a slight difference in the death sentence on blacks if they kill a white woman. ?I don't have these numbers in front of me, but when I get home from work I'll try to post them and their source. ?Regardless, if there is any argument for racism in the death penalty, it stems from society being more outraged at the death of a white person then a black, and again it's a very small percentage, like 4% or so if memory serves me correctly. ?Personally I'm for the death penalty on a more greater scale for more crimes - all violent such as rape and molesting children. ?As a libertarian I find it a waste of our monies to sentence those guilty of victimless crimes (mostly drug related; sidenote if you want to argue racism in our system, look at the arrest and conviction rates of whites and blacks for drug related crimes). ?If America was evr to repeal the death penalty, a decision I would not wholey oppose, I would hope they would create hard labor islands where those put there work under threat of punishment. ?there is no rehabilitation for these people, my father s the supervisor of a prison and something like 66% of all inmates will return for the same crime or one very similar.

In the case of Tookie Williams, there is no question of his guilt. ?The man refuses to stop associating with the gang he created and furthermore refuses to aide those who coul be the most effective form of gang prevention - the police. ?give this man the needle and give it to him now.
RichardNixon
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2005, 06:30:23 PM »

Black people are not inherently violent. The whole system is fundamentally racist, oppressing blacks, which leads to greater crime committed among blacks.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2005, 07:15:05 PM »

The whole system is fundamentally racist, oppressing blacks, which leads to greater crime committed among blacks.

Bull.  Ask yourself, are you helping black people by keeping them in a constant state of paranoia about a society that is supposedly against them?  Bill Cosby and Thomas Sowell would resoundingly say no.  People in this society need to stop blaming everybody else for their problems and take responsibility for their own lives.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 07:17:11 PM »

Oh by the way, did you know crime rates for black people (even in Harlem) were a fraction of what they are now back in the pre civil rights days.

I don't think your theory about racism making them commit crimes holds any water.  The resounding reason that blacks commit more crimes is because most black kids are raised in one parent households.  The black kids that are raised in two parent households have about the same crime rates as whites in 2 parent households.

Back in the pre civil rights days the black family was strong, with mostly 2 parent households.  The black family (and the white family for that matter) structure is much worse today than in the pre civil rights days.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 07:20:56 PM by Axl_owns_dexter » Logged

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2005, 07:26:09 PM »

Black people are not inherently violent. The whole system is fundamentally racist, oppressing blacks, which leads to greater crime committed among blacks.

True dhat.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2005, 07:36:32 PM »

Yea, fuck him. Something like that guy, I wouldn't blink an eye if he got snuffed out tomorrow. Although the idea of him being a wife in prison for a few years  isn't that bad either.

So, you think its fine and dandy that Aids gets passed around in our prison system like its going out of style.  You know, a lot of those people get released.  What are you going to say when one of them rapes your daughter and gives her HIV.  It won't be a laughing matter at that point.

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 08:19:01 PM »

If the man has no respect for human life , we should not respect his life.

I have no sympathy for him or anyone else who commits murders. If he gets clemency, then all death row inmates should as well. The death penalty should be abolished for good. He's going to die eventually, just like everyone else, it's just a matter of time. But it's not up to other people to decide when that time is. That's what separates us from the criminals: respect for life.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 08:40:55 PM »

Yea, fuck him. Something like that guy, I wouldn't blink an eye if he got snuffed out tomorrow. Although the idea of him being a wife in prison for a few years  isn't that bad either.

So, you think its fine and dandy that Aids gets passed around in our prison system like its going out of style.  You know, a lot of those people get released.  What are you going to say when one of them rapes your daughter and gives her HIV.  It won't be a laughing matter at that point.

Like I said. If there is concrete evidence that the person did the crime then let them die. Guilty by any other means, let them sit rot their sorry ass in jail.

What goes on in prison also goes on out of prison. Although it need not be addressed as it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. And who said it was a laughing matter?
RichardNixon
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 10:54:12 PM »

The whole system is fundamentally racist, oppressing blacks, which leads to greater crime committed among blacks.

Bull.? Ask yourself, are you helping black people by keeping them in a constant state of paranoia about a society that is supposedly against them?? Bill Cosby and Thomas Sowell would resoundingly say no.? People in this society need to stop blaming everybody else for their problems and take responsibility for their own lives.

Bill Cosby is a self-righteous asshole. Of course everyone who commits a crime should be held accountable, but we also have to change the system.
RichardNixon
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 10:58:31 PM »

Oh by the way, did you know crime rates for black people (even in Harlem) were a fraction of what they are now back in the pre civil rights days.

I don't think your theory about racism making them commit crimes holds any water.? The resounding reason that blacks commit more crimes is because most black kids are raised in one parent households.? The black kids that are raised in two parent households have about the same crime rates as whites in 2 parent households.

Back in the pre civil rights days the black family was strong, with mostly 2 parent households.? The black family (and the white family for that matter) structure is much worse today than in the pre civil rights days.

I'm confused. You're saying that (1) the crime rate among blacks has gone down since the days of pre-civil rights, (2) blacks commit crimes because they are raised in single parent families (3) back in the days before civil rights (when crime among blacks was higher) there were more two parent familles. Something does not add up here.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 11:43:01 PM »

I clearly stated that crimes for blacks were lower in the pre civil rights days.  I said this.

Oh by the way, did you know crime rates for black people (even in Harlem) were a fraction of what they are now

And yes, having a 2 parent household is one of the biggest factors in reducing crime.

Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 11:43:50 PM »

Bill Cosby is a self-righteous asshole

Thats an opinion.  I think what he is saying is exactly what nees to be said.

RichardNixon
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 11:44:39 PM »

I clearly stated that crimes for blacks were lower in the pre civil rights days.? I said this.

Oh by the way, did you know crime rates for black people (even in Harlem) were a fraction of what they are now

And yes, having a 2 parent household is one of the biggest factors in reducing crime.

Ok, I missread what you wrote. My bad.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 11:45:35 PM »

No problem

RichardNixon
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 11:48:01 PM »

But Cosby still sucks...and he's not funny to boot.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 11:49:09 PM »

Thats your opinion.  I don't think he is very funny either, but he is getting out the right message imo.

RichardNixon
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 11:55:24 PM »

Thats your opinion.? I don't think he is very funny either, but he is getting out the right message imo.

It is not my opinion. Jesus came over my house today for some Pizza and PlayStation2. He told me Bill Cosby sucks and that he's going to hell.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 12:00:09 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 11:56:19 PM »

It is not my opinion. Jesus came over my house today for some Pizza and PlayStation2. He told be Bill Cosby sucks and that he's going to hell.

Heads up on JC: He drinks all the beer....hide it before he comes over.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 11:58:01 PM »

Heads up on JC: He drinks all the beer....

He likes Sharps.    Grin

RichardNixon
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 11:59:10 PM »

Nah, it's cool. I just turn on the tap, and JC can turn it to beer like that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: