Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash playing December 10th with Stevie Wonder
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash playing December 10th with Stevie Wonder  (Read 3351 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« on: December 02, 2005, 03:52:24 AM »

hey all I know it was mentioned in the "Slash at UK Hall of Fame Awards" thread, but I dont see it on the headline site.  So maybe it deserves its own thread now.  Anyways here is the clip from MTV.com

"Chris Brown, Slash, India.Arie and Dean and Robert DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots fame are among the acts slated to jam with Stevie Wonder at a special Recording Academy-sponsored event December 10 at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles. Anthony Hamilton, Josh Groban, Raphael Saadiq, Angie Stone, Herbie Hancock, Hootie & the Blowfish and Randy Jackson are also participating"

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1514127/20051118/story.jhtml

I think it is interesting that the DeLeo brothers will be there too.  Maybe the topic of a certain lead singer will be brought up.  If there is a topic on this already (I did use the search button) please delete this.
Evolution
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 11:11:14 AM »

Damn right it is interesting. I wonder if Scott will go aswell, just to say hey or something.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:28:30 PM »

this is all speculation on my part, but since Stevie Wonder was just announced to play the Super Bowl pregame show is there any possibility of Slash playing with him again if Stevie has fun at the Grammy's?  At this point I seriously doubt it but if Slash has the time maybe Stevie would invite him.  The article I read specifically mentions that other artists are still to be announced for the pregame show festivities.  Here is the article I read:

DETROIT (AP) -- Motown fans miffed by the NFL's choice of the Rolling Stones for Super Bowl halftime entertainment are getting at least some satisfaction: Stevie Wonder will perform during the pregame show at Ford Field.

Wonder will play three or four songs during the pregame show before the game Feb. 5, Lori Lambert, vice president of strategic marketing for Universal Motown Records Group, told The Associated Press.

Other artists -- still to be announced -- also will be featured in the pregame show, Lambert said.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league was not prepared to make an announcement about the pregame show.

However, he said, "we would be thrilled to be able to work with Stevie Wonder again."

Wonder performed during halftime in 1999.

The NFL's announcement last week that the Rolling Stones would provide the halftime entertainment prompted an uproar in Detroit, the original home of Motown Records, which gave the world such artists as Wonder, Smokey Robinson, the Supremes and the Four Tops.

Detroit-area residents are fiercely proud of the city's musical contributions, which extend beyond Motown to more recent stars like Eminem and Kid Rock. Aretha Franklin's singing career started at the Detroit church where her father preached, and the Queen of Soul still lives in the area. Ted Nugent, Madonna and Bob Seger also hail from Michigan.

Many saw it as a snub that those stars were passed over for halftime. Detroit radio personality Mildred Gaddis gave out the number of an NFL official on the air and urged listeners to call and complain.

McCarthy said it was always the league's intention to honor Motown in the pregame show. But halftime, he said, is bigger than Detroit.

"The Super Bowl transcends the host city and even the country," he said.

McCarthy noted that the 1998 Super Bowl in San Diego featured a Motown tribute in honor of the label's 40th anniversary. Performers included Robinson, Martha Reeves and The Temptations.

February's game will be the second in a row that halftime entertainment has been provided by British musicians over 60. Paul McCartney played halftime last year, as the NFL sought a family-friendly act to follow Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" in 2004.
Evolution
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 05:54:11 PM »

Thanks to Diane: Even though he was on the bill and was announced as one of the artists in the EIF press release, Slash did not show up nor perform at last night's Grammy Jam at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles. At this moment it is unclear why he missed this appearance, and unfortunately we don't have any additional information for everyone who went to the Orpheum to see him perform and are wondering why he wasn't there

I wonder why he no showed
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 05:55:33 PM »

that sucks, hope it was nothing health wise
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 06:34:16 PM »

I pray it is nothing health wise as well.  I remember just the other day that we were commenting that he didn't look too good at the surprise show.  I hope nothing crazy happened.  I hope he didn't dabble in something he isn't supposed to.  Maybe I am just paranoid.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:43:56 AM »

I pray it is nothing health wise as well.  I remember just the other day that we were commenting that he didn't look too good at the surprise show.  I hope nothing crazy happened.  I hope he didn't dabble in something he isn't supposed to.  Maybe I am just paranoid.

If he dabbled in something he wasn't supposed to and got sick or something I'm sure it would have made the news. I'm wondering if he has some personal probs at home maybe because I've always read that he would like to do something with Stevie Wonder because he said that Stevie was always one of his favorites. Not quite sure why he would have missed this opportunity.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 07:54:49 AM by kobys » Logged

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »

well at the royal variety performance they were miming so maybe hes worse then what we thought?

html sucks
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 01:03:13 PM »

well at the royal variety performance they were miming so maybe hes worse then what we thought?

what? slash playbacked? that i dont really cant see....

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 05:30:50 AM »

there's still no word??
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 09:24:40 AM »

The song sounded exactly the same as studio, nothing making it love distinguishable....do you really think ozzy could sing that well now?

html sucks
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 08:26:12 PM »

The song sounded exactly the same as studio, nothing making it love distinguishable....do you really think ozzy could sing that well now?

I do.. Ozzy can still sound incredible at times. The problem is you never know what Ozzy you are gonna get.. Last summer when I saw him with Sabbath, he sounded as good as I have ever seen him.. But then sometimes he sounds terrible, like on the UK Hall of Fame awards..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: