Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 07:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228029 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  An ode to liberals
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An ode to liberals  (Read 14566 times)
RichardNixon
« on: December 02, 2005, 11:39:34 PM »

I'm proud to be an East-coast residin',? capachino drinkin', Noam Chomsky readin', Al Franken lovin,' Michael Moore watchin', Cindy Sheehan cheerin', Bush/Cheney bashin', war protestin', blue-state livin', pro-choice supportin', Capital Punishment hatin', evolution believin' liberal.

Liberal is not a bad word. Say it loud and say it proud.

LIBERAL'S ROCK!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 12:39:37 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 11:56:51 PM »

To each his own.  Thats what makes this country great.  We don't have to kill eachother for being so far apart politically.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
RichardNixon
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 11:57:52 PM »

Good man.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 12:11:38 AM »

I'm proud to be an East-coast residin',  capachino drinkin', Noam Chomsky readin', Al Franklin lovin,' Michael Moore watchin', Cindy Sheehan cheerin', Bush/Cheney bashin', war protestin', blue-state livin', pro-choice supportin', Capital Punishment hatin', evolution believin' liberal.

LIBERAL'S ROCK!!!

hahaha...

Where is Birkenstock wearin'? Is that in there?

Gotta get that in there!!

Personally I loved being a liberal in Utah. I stuck out like a sore thumb and rubbed everybody wrong...it was great.  hihi There are too many of my kind here in Tampa, everybody agrees with my ass!  hihi It's like singing ballads all the time.
RichardNixon
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »

I'm proud to be an East-coast residin', capachino drinkin', Noam Chomsky readin', Al Franken lovin,' Michael Moore watchin', Cindy Sheehan cheerin', Bush/Cheney bashin', war protestin', blue-state livin', pro-choice supportin', Capital Punishment hatin', evolution believin,' Birkenstock wearin' liberal!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 12:39:08 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 12:28:29 AM »

Liberals also save kittens around the world.

Vote liberal!

RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 12:29:44 AM »

AHHA, that rules!
RichardNixon
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 12:40:32 AM »

Al Franken. I fixed it, because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh-darn-it, people like me.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 12:41:22 AM »

A liberal in Utah, huh?  Utah seems like an alien planet to me.  Now I understand your name a bit better.   Perhaps youve heard that Orrin Hatch might actually have competition next year?

I often wrote letters blasting the local government/church that were published in the newspapers from time to time. The responses I would get in follow up editions were usually furious and aplenty.  hihi Hence, SLCPUNK was born.............

The demographic is slowly changing in that city believe it or not. It will be right wing for a loooong time, but I'd love to see old Orrin get the boot in the meantime. I wll be back soon to piss of the local nut jobs the best way I know how.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 12:45:01 AM »

In a way, I hate the term "progressive" more than liberal. People somehow get progressive associated with progress. Progressively higher taxes and bigger government by the mediocre, maybe.

Liberal is a better label than Democrat because there are many liberal spies in the Republican party, who like to call themselves "moderates". It's a bad word because it's a bad thing. You guys have the same logic about things like genocide, which have been around longer than liberalism. It isn't always bad; we would be in trouble if we were still at war with Neanderthals (the Bible called them giants; their power was still remembered after thousands of years! Ditto for dragons, which are known in many cultures). Don't be hypocrites!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 12:46:30 AM »

Another great thing about being a liberal is that you won't have to listen to shit like that all the time. ^
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 12:52:31 AM »

Neocon gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Neocon gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Neocon's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Neocon reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Neocon dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Neocon begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members
fought and died for these working standards. Neocon's employer pays these standards because Neocon?s employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Neocon is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noontime and Neocon needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Neocon's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Neocons's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Neocon has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Neocon and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.

Neocon is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal (FDR) stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, quiche-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Neocon wouldn't have to.

Neocon gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans fought against every protection and benefit Neocon enjoys throughout his day.

Neocon agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."
RichardNixon
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 12:54:25 AM »

Did you write that? Cheers!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 12:56:08 AM »

Did you write that? Cheers!

haha, naw. I wish I had, but I found it somewhere a while back. Great isn't it?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 01:31:46 AM »

Neocon gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.

The water was clean before liberalism existed. The water is clean now, too clean. Chemicals are used to kill harmful bugs like E Coli, but weaker ones that would train one's immune system are killed as well.

With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised.

The FDA was a reactionary measure against quacks and snake oil sellers. Anyone educated and with a little sense could figure out who was a real doctor and who wasn't. Many good medicines are discarded because the FDA think they're too risky, but what about the freedom to accept risks and personal responsibility? Oh yeah, libs don't like that!

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Neocon gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Neocon's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

His employer could have paid him in cash instead of with a medical plan, but arcane tax laws designed by liberals deny this. Meat prepared by butchers is better than packed meat, and meat has been eaten safely for as long as man has existed. It's only become unclean after surplus populations expanded.

In the morning shower, Neocon reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Neocon dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Reputable businesses would put all of the ingredients in their products to attract customers anyway. Environmentalism is not handled well by liberals; clean air is a relatively minor issue. They tackle minor issues to pat themselves on the back. He pays for the subway through taxes.

Neocon begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members
fought and died for these working standards. Neocon's employer pays these standards because Neocon?s employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Neocon is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

He pays taxes and loses pay as well, and those benefits don't make up for the amount paid in.

Its noontime and Neocon needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Neocon's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Neocons's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

All investments carry risk, even banking. Liberals somehow don't understand this. Banks are bailed out by TAX DOLLARS.

Neocon has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Neocon and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.

He could have gotten a standard loan anyway. He pays for the federal student loans through taxes, and then some. There is no free lunch.

Neocon is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal (FDR) stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

American made cars are high quality because of American workers and innovation. Electrification and RHA loans unfairly benefitted rural residents at the expense of city dwellers. Stealing from Peter to pay Paul.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, quiche-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Neocon wouldn't have to.

Social Security's return is miserable compared to the DOW. If he died early, he wouldn't get his money back. Company pensions can be wiped out with bankruptcy; it's just a plot to give workers "benefits" instead of real money. And the government, and liberals, approve!

Neocon gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans fought against every protection and benefit Neocon enjoys throughout his day.

Why wouldn't they fight against these "protections" that he didn't need? They're all of dubious value, like a Mafia protection racket.

Neocon agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

Damn straight. Self-made values are American ideals. Even if he wasn't 100% self-made, it's the attitude and the spirit that counts. No Greek was like Odysseus, but they still celebrated the ideal. By the way, he DID take care of himself, AND THEN SOME, BY PAYING TAXES.

PS- Neocon does not equal conservative. He's probably an insecure "moderate" still in the closet.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 02:00:18 AM »

Blah blah blah boring......... Roll Eyes

I could slice and dice you, but I'm too tired, and agreed some time ago that I would ignore your posts in particular. No matter how easy they are to shred. In fact I'm breaking my own rule now.

Off to bed.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 12:55:32 PM »

Stereotyping is the first sign of ignorance.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 01:07:43 PM »

I'm proud to be an East-coast residin',? capachino drinkin', Noam Chomsky readin', Al Franken lovin,' Michael Moore watchin', Cindy Sheehan cheerin', Bush/Cheney bashin', war protestin', blue-state livin', pro-choice supportin', Capital Punishment hatin', evolution believin' liberal.

LIBERAL'S ROCK!!!

i am communist

SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 02:30:55 PM »

When I meet an intelligent republican that doesn't lie, I may begin to believe what you just said.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 03:04:27 PM »

When I meet an intelligent republican that doesn't lie, I may begin to believe what you just said.

So democrats dont lie and republicans do?

They all lie, that is why they are politicians

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: