Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 05:09:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life since 9/11/01
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life since 9/11/01  (Read 56807 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2006, 08:26:43 PM »

Why must ALL threads about anything turn into Bush sucks & Halliburton is the devil. Guess when you have nothing to say you have to play that tired hand.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2006, 01:59:14 AM »

Why must ALL threads about anything turn into Bush sucks & Halliburton is the devil. Guess when you have nothing to say you have to play that tired hand.

Plenty to say.

Truth always reveals itself though.

Even on the great day of the chocolate bunny..............
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2006, 04:21:55 PM »

so what about that Loose Change video

lot of the facts are shaky.

so basically their point is that the US governement planned 911 so they could find reasons to take action in the middle east ?
i mean, there are easier ways .....

Evolution
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2006, 04:32:47 PM »

It's a really weird subject. I mean the video shows so many inconsistancies, but when you think about, any government couldn't possibly be that evil to do something like that.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2006, 05:04:41 PM »

It's a really weird subject. I mean the video shows so many inconsistancies, but when you think about, any government couldn't possibly be that evil to do something like that.

more than evil, it's seems to be such a waste of time and effort
plan all this ... so they can attack afganistan and iraq ? i mean, they attacked these countries anyway agains the will of the rest of the wolrd ... conspiracies are tiresome.

DCGNR2006
« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »

plan all this ... so they can attack afganistan and iraq ? i mean, they attacked these countries anyway agains the will of the rest of the wolrd ... conspiracies are tiresome.

You're half right. Most of the world was in favor of the Afghanistan campaign and actually contributed to it. Iraq is where things got bad as far as our relationships.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2006, 11:01:18 AM »

so what about that Loose Change video

lot of the facts are shaky.

so basically their point is that the US governement planned 911 so they could find reasons to take action in the middle east ?
i mean, there are easier ways .....

Sounds possible. Bin Laden a former FBI recruit not many people know that. So anything is possible. I believe that Bin Laden's location is known by Government but they're up to something.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
heinous
« Reply #207 on: April 23, 2006, 04:27:05 PM »

BAH!

Against "the will"? of the rest of the world?? If the U.S. ever waited for other countries to actually DO anything, nothing (besides meaningless U.N. resolutions) would get done.? Whether you agree with America's so-called unilateral actions or not, the U.S. doesn't need an 'OK' from the rest of the world to conduct military operations.?

But, for the record, since we're in the high-school mentality of just doing what's popular, most nations supported the invasion of Afghanistan.

mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #208 on: April 23, 2006, 04:32:01 PM »

Let us not however forget, that whatever the conclusions we draw over the legality or otherwise of recent action, the US consistently fails to recognize it's reponsibility to the peoples newly under its jurisdiction. That to me is the disgrace, not the adolescent philosophy of its leaders, or the immature democracy so self-evidently present in the USA.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #209 on: April 23, 2006, 04:54:01 PM »

BAH!

Against "the will"? of the rest of the world?? If the U.S. ever waited for other countries to actually DO anything, nothing (besides meaningless U.N. resolutions) would get done.? Whether you agree with America's so-called unilateral actions or not, the U.S. doesn't need an 'OK' from the rest of the world to conduct military operations.?

But, for the record, since we're in the high-school mentality of just doing what's popular, most nations supported the invasion of Afghanistan.

if you read what i wrote ... i DID state that the USA do not need the worlds approval, and that's why these conspiracies theories are bunked. and yeah, the usa do what they want ... that's why the whole world hates them. we reallty dont wanna go back on these debates, just shop at wal-mart and make your country's leaders richer, they need you Smiley

heinous
« Reply #210 on: April 23, 2006, 05:25:38 PM »

Let us not however forget, that whatever the conclusions we draw over the legality or otherwise of recent action, the US consistently fails to recognize it's reponsibility to the peoples newly under its jurisdiction. That to me is the disgrace, not the adolescent philosophy of its leaders, or the immature democracy so self-evidently present in the USA.

Do you live in a cave?

The very fact that the U.S. is still losing troops in Iraq while helping the Iraqis get a new government started proves it
"recognize it's responsiblity to the people under it's jurisdiction."

Adolescent philosophy?? Immature democracy?

Yeah, let's take the patented European route by sitting back, sticking our noses up in the air, and theorizing about what's wrong with the country that forgot a U.N. resolution doesn't actually mean anything.
heinous
« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2006, 05:29:06 PM »

BAH!

if you read what i wrote ... i DID state that the USA do not need the worlds approval, and that's why these conspiracies theories are bunked. and yeah, the usa do what they want ... that's why the whole world hates them. we reallty dont wanna go back on these debates, just shop at wal-mart and make your country's leaders richer, they need you Smiley

OK, we're agreed on why the whole world hates the U.S.? But we'll have to agree to disagree on whether the U.S. should actually give a shit.

Beyond my failing to see any difference in you or your country, where should I shop that won't enrich the the fat cat leaders of my country?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2006, 02:12:18 AM »

BAH!

Against "the will"  of the rest of the world?  If the U.S. ever waited for other countries to actually DO anything, nothing (besides meaningless U.N. resolutions) would get done.  Whether you agree with America's so-called unilateral actions or not, the U.S. doesn't need an 'OK' from the rest of the world to conduct military operations. 

It is obvious many have not learned from Iraq.

Maybe it should have waited for the OK, since it was wrong.

The UN worked as a tool for the USA for many years, but when it stood in the way of imperialistic plans, it was no longer needed.

Yeah, let's take the patented European route by sitting back, sticking our noses up in the air.........

That route would have allowed thousands to keep their lives..........
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 02:14:17 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
DCGNR2006
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2006, 10:21:44 AM »

Do you live in a cave?

The very fact that the U.S. is still losing troops in Iraq while helping the Iraqis get a new government started proves it
"recognize it's responsiblity to the people under it's jurisdiction."

Adolescent philosophy?? Immature democracy?

Yeah, let's take the patented European route by sitting back, sticking our noses up in the air, and theorizing about what's wrong with the country that forgot a U.N. resolution doesn't actually mean anything.

Heinous - Great points dude -
heinous
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2006, 05:13:28 PM »

It is obvious many have not learned from Iraq.

Maybe it should have waited for the OK, since it was wrong.

The UN worked as a tool for the USA for many years, but when it stood in the way of imperialistic plans, it was no longer needed.

You have a habit of presenting your own opinions as given facts - i.e. that the verdict regarding the Iraq war is already in, the reasons for it were "imperialistic" and "wrong," etc.? People like you have continually added to their laundry list of why the U.S. invaded Iraq, as well as the results from it, almost before it even happened.

Every country essentially has it's own self-interest as first priority when it comes to the U.N.? The United States had every right to be self-interested after 9/11, especially considering other nation's reactions to the attacks were never intended to go much beyond the requisite offical condolences.? Next to Israel, America is on the top of the collective terrorist hit-list and time has proven that few other nations have the stomach in taking a pro-active stance to terrorism.

That route would have allowed thousands to keep their lives..........

The pretense you and everyone else who disagrees with the war in Iraq make about "the thousands of lost lives" has always seemed hollow to me.? At least I don't think the casualties are what really drives you....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2006, 01:48:09 PM »

You have a habit of presenting your own opinions as given facts - i.e. that the verdict regarding the Iraq war is already in, the reasons for it were "imperialistic" and "wrong," etc.  People like you have continually added to their laundry list of why the U.S. invaded Iraq, as well as the results from it, almost before it even happened.

I have a habit of presenting facts as facts......

Bush has been caught in one lie after another. Just like I said he did.

CNN, 60 minutes, and other media have come forward in the last month and done big stories on this (cherry picked info.) Anderson Cooper has an hour long show running right now about this. Top CIA officials have come forward to give the information to the public.

http://images1.americanprogress.org/il80web20037/ThinkProgress/2006/60min.320.240.mov

Iraq slid into civil war, just as I said it would.

Facts are facts are facts.

The pretense you and everyone else who disagrees with the war in Iraq make about "the thousands of lost lives" has always seemed hollow to me.  At least I don't think the casualties are what really drives you....

Hot air.........

« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 02:00:43 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Speed Stone
Banned
Opening Act

patiently waiting

« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2006, 02:25:20 AM »

Sometime in 02, a group of middle-eastern men got on the subway and were in my car. At the next stop I got off and got on another car. I feel ashamed for doing that, especially since I would like to think of myself as being so enlightened and forward thinking. But at that moment, this paranoia got hold of me. I never would have done that before 9/11. But with those pointless stupid code yellow, code orange homeland security levels, and out of fear, I was acting irrational and racist.?

not really, i'm far from a racist myself but i'd probably do the same thing. i know middle eastern people myself but through media you know that the attacks usually happen by groups of these men. it's rational thought to react to fear.

The one and only Speed Stone, reader since '99, member since 2002, had to delete my account due to severe insults by SLCPUNK
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

Ok I really gotta jump in here....

As one who served in both wars I think i can say a thing or 2. They are what they are, there not good or evil... there just wars. Sides fight lines are drawn and men die. This is how humans get things done, and always have. This happens to be a purpose that I agree with but even if not, its just the way things are.

The peacenicks would have you think that everyone can find a middle ground and get along, thats just not true and never has been.

I will say that things seem to be working better in Iraq and I am very proud of what my guys have accomplished.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2006, 12:22:47 PM »

Ok I really gotta jump in here....

As one who served in both wars I think i can say a thing or 2. They are what they are, there not good or evil... there just wars. Sides fight lines are drawn and men die. This is how humans get things done, and always have. This happens to be a purpose that I agree with but even if not, its just the way things are.

The peacenicks would have you think that everyone can find a middle ground and get along, thats just not true and never has been.

I will say that things seem to be working better in Iraq and I am very proud of what my guys have accomplished.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

SHHHH.  Don't let them know that the people actually fighting the war and making sacrifices by large find it to be a just cause.  They'll simply dismiss anything you say as being naieve and brainwashed.  Remember, you have to be a 19 year old sociology major or reader of Chomsky to fully understand the world.  SLC can't proove that Bush lied.  He just keeps repeating it and more and more people accept it as fact.  Now that the whole "Bush lied" thing has gotten old, it's time to conjur up conspiracies on how the US government attacked and killed its own people.
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2006, 04:11:58 PM »

They dont get it, never will.

However, im glad they are being honest about who they are, cause they'll never be elected to power again like that.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: