Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:28:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189680 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2005, 05:20:12 PM »

Agree with sandman there, actually i cheered for USA las world cup, but it was a pity that Germany won 1 to 0, I really think USA could be a great surprise.  ok

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2005, 05:38:01 PM »

Among the weak ones, Id like Iran to be the surprise of this cup.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2005, 06:29:29 AM »

And to those who have been criticisinv Rooney - he didn't win the FIFPRO Young Player award by accident.

What the hell does that mean?

You are saying Messi didn't deserve it?

Look, I don't have anything against english players but some of you need to observe other championships as well. Just because Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney...play in the premier, doesn't mean they are better than any other players who play in any other championships.

What did Gerrard do this year? Yes, his team won the UEFA champions league, but had Liverpool lost in the quarters, Gerrard wouldn't even have finished in the top 20.

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2005, 11:48:44 AM »

And to those who have been criticisinv Rooney - he didn't win the FIFPRO Young Player award by accident.

What the hell does that mean?

You are saying Messi didn't deserve it?

Look, I don't have anything against english players but some of you need to observe other championships as well. Just because Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney...play in the premier, doesn't mean they are better than any other players who play in any other championships.

What did Gerrard do this year? Yes, his team won the UEFA champions league, but had Liverpool lost in the quarters, Gerrard wouldn't even have finished in the top 20.

You answered your own question there didn't you?

What did Gerrad do this year? Captain the team that won the highest regarded club tournament in the world.

We'll see what England can do this summer but I'm quietly confident which makes a change since we've been weak since 1990.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 01:12:13 PM by gigger » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2005, 12:07:14 PM »

I think messi is just discoverd but Rooney since last season is proving that he is good  ok

No man can be my equal
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2005, 01:14:32 PM »

I think messi is just discoverd but Rooney since last season is proving that he is good? ok

No doubt about it Messi is a great player and playing with Ronaldinho at Barca will only help him get better but he as good as Rooney at the moment in my opinion. Maybe in a few years he'll be better but at the moment Rooney is a better player. Week in, week out Rooney is running the show for Man Utd.

I think Argentina are more dependant on Riquelme anyway, if he plays well Argentina play well.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2005, 01:57:55 PM »

I think messi is just discoverd but Rooney since last season is proving that he is good  ok

No doubt about it Messi is a great player and playing with Ronaldinho at Barca will only help him get better but he as good as Rooney at the moment in my opinion. Maybe in a few years he'll be better but at the moment Rooney is a better player. Week in, week out Rooney is running the show for Man Utd.

I think Argentina are more dependant on Riquelme anyway, if he plays well Argentina play well.

I do agree on that dreafully for Argentina thats bad, cause is Riquelme dependent, I only hope they can manage a well replacement for Riquelme

No man can be my equal
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2005, 10:07:08 AM »

What did Gerrad do this year? Captain the team that won the highest regarded club tournament in the world.

That's a team accomplishment. He was just a part of the team. He didn't win the cup himself, did he?

The reason why that was brought up is because France Football tend to give the trophy to a player whose team has done well in the Champions league or if his nation team has done well in the Euro or World cup. This year though it was far too obvious that Ronaldinho was miles ahead from anyone else.

One of the world cup winner's players, will win the France Football trophy next year.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2005, 10:39:42 AM »

That's a team accomplishment. He was just a part of the team. He didn't win the cup himself, did he?

You obviously didn't watch the 2nd half!  hihi

If you watch the final then you will notice that when Gerrard is playing in the holding role in the first half he was dreadful and Kaka ran riot. In the 2nd half Benitez brought on Hamann allowing Gerrard to move further forward and he ran the show whilst Hamann kept Kaka in check.

Gerrard had a fantastic season last year... no doubt about it. Ronaldinho was miles ahead of everyone but Stevie G was brilliant too (and before you ask, no I'm not a Liverpool fan, in fact I hate Liverpool!)

The reason why that was brought up is because France Football tend to give the trophy to a player whose team has done well in the Champions league or if his nation team has done well in the Euro or World cup. This year though it was far too obvious that Ronaldinho was miles ahead from anyone else.

One of the world cup winner's players, will win the France Football trophy next year.

That's true but then again it'll probably be Ronaldinho again... let's be honest!  rofl

It seems to me that you are in actual fact fairly anti-English and the Premier League (which by the way I happen to think is 2nd to La Liga) and the only way you defend your opinions is by claiming that English people don't know anything about any other leagues and are therefore ignorant when in actual fact you have no proof of this because all that has been discussed in detail is the English team and the Premier League.

You're more than welcome to start a debate (notice I said debate not argument) about any other League/nation in the world. My main vice is that I spend far too much time watching football (in fact I pretty much watch any match on TV!), so being told by someone who doesn't know me that I only know about the Premier League seems rather foolish to me.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2005, 03:18:10 PM »

Pretty much yes.

I watched the Liverpool Champion's League Winner's DVD last night. By far and away livepool's most important player throughout the tournament. If it wasn't for him they wouldn't have got out of the group stages and if it wasnt for him they would've lost the final.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2005, 05:41:42 PM »

For all the people outside Sweden who're saying their teams will win, here in Sweden some are actually believing Sweden is capable of winning.

That's a scary thought....  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »

For all the people outside Sweden who're saying their teams will win, here in Sweden some are actually believing Sweden is capable of winning.

That's a scary thought....? nervous

/jarmo

I actually had a bet on Sweden winning Euro 2004! I thought they were quite a good side at the time, however whilst other teams have improved Sweden appear to have gone backwards.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2005, 03:02:40 AM »

I actually had a bet on Sweden winning Euro 2004! I thought they were quite a good side at the time, however whilst other teams have improved Sweden appear to have gone backwards.

I'm with you!! ok

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2005, 04:20:10 AM »

Sweden will always be a hard match for Brasil, IMO.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2005, 07:02:03 AM »

Sweden will always be a hard match for Brasil, IMO.

Yeah, but not as hard as Norway! We've never beat them at world cups!!

Even though Brazil and Argentina has a huge fight to see who is better and all thi shit, beat them is like take candy off a kid's mouth.....except when the game is on Argentina, then it's as hard as take a candy outta a fat kid's hands, I mean, it's impossible  hihi

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2005, 10:48:58 AM »

hehehe, that was funny, but I think Brazil is a harder team to defeat.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2006, 01:13:08 PM »

It seems to me that you are in actual fact fairly anti-English and the Premier League (which by the way I happen to think is 2nd to La Liga) and the only way you defend your opinions is by claiming that English people don't know anything about any other leagues and are therefore ignorant when in actual fact you have no proof of this because all that has been discussed in detail is the English team and the Premier League.

Wrong impression. Actually, if anything, it'd be the opposite. I'm half english myself so I have no ulterior motive to critize the Premier League or the english players. I've just expressed my opinion about Rooney and about England's UK team. I've also replied to some other poster who said Rooney would start in any team in the world. I thought that was a bit too much and replied. Statements as such, lead me to think that person doesn't watch any other league on TV cause they are so biased. I gave that poster an evidence in which I based my opinion on whether Eto'o is a better player than Rooney. Then, I brought Messi into this discussion cause he was selected (ahead of Rooney) the best european younger player of the year.

You're more than welcome to start a debate (notice I said debate not argument) about any other League/nation in the world. My main vice is that I spend far too much time watching football (in fact I pretty much watch any match on TV!), so being told by someone who doesn't know me that I only know about the Premier League seems rather foolish to me.

Are you kidding me? If I start a debate about German / french / spanish football leagues two thinks could happen:

1.- That thread would have no replies. Most of the posters who post on the other football thread talk about the Premier League. I don't think they give a shit about other european leagues. As a matter of fact, They sure don't watch anything but The premier league.

2.- That thread would be merged onto the other one and will be lost gone forever.
Jonathan
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2006, 04:37:15 PM »

You must be joking. England will play a draw with Sweden, struggle with Paraguay and win over Trinidad & Tobago.
If your to believe all the press about us having even half a chance of winning then a group like that SHOULD be a walk over, fine it probably won't be but it should be.? It could of been much worse, we managed to avoid the likes of Holland thank God....

Sweden vs England = Draw.

It's always that way.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2006, 04:43:09 PM »

Ukraine will be a tough competitor, watch out.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2006, 10:09:28 AM »

I wasnt aware of what Countries were in the coup, until the day before yesterday when I casually saw it on tv. hehe
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: