Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189636 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »

That can be right, but I rather want England win a world cup than being mention a lot  Wink

No man can be my equal
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2006, 02:04:25 PM »

Because they lack that Henry, Ronaldino or Rooney. A player of that quality, in a world cup, gives the team a huge boost, knowing that they are competing with the best in the word, and that they have...one of the best in the world.

Just like Spain.

That's the reason that you can't take either of them as serious contenders, even though they're both great teams.

I just feel like, at a major tournament, you need that standout player.

Unless you're Greece.................

I don't think Rooney is a standout player either. Way too overrated. England has - at least - a few other players that are better than Rooney. I take Lampard, Cole, Gerrard before Rooney any given day.

With Spain there's always a question mark. Will it finally be this time? As the world cup approaches, I feel more optimistic than what I felt two months ago. I know I'll be very, very dissapointed if I see Spain being kicked out early, but, hey, that's our stigma. Hopefully, that will change.

I disagree with the statement you made about Spain doesn't have a standout player. I think we have the best midfielder in the world. Xavi. It's a shame he's injured now, but he is the heart and soul in Bar?a (alongside Ronaldinho) He's without a doubt, the best player I've seen in the past 5 years in that position. He's so talented. If you observe the way Bar?a plays now and how Bar?a played before Dec'05, you'll see a huge difference. Now it's more like, give it to Eto'o, Ronnie or Messi, and done deal...last year it was more a team effort cause Xavi was in charge.

If he manages to recover before World Cup, he will sure be one of the big names.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »

Your opinion, sir, is officialy redundant. Cole over Rooney? You're also officialy insane. Rooney is anything but overrrated. Already he is one of the best in the Premiership, and providing he doesn't go down the road of the drink or the drugs (his rage isn't a real problem) then he definatly has the chance of being one of the all time greats. I am willing to admit that Cole has greatly improved, even if I do still dislike him, but he lacks that knowledge of the game that Rooney has. Cole's assesment of people around him still isn't great; he isn't quite sure when to play the shot himself, or try to play somebody else in. On the other hand Rooney's awareness of the game is outstanding, and your comment makes me wonder if you've ever seen him play in a full game outside of an international? Although, if anything, even that should be enough to confirm in somebodies mind Rooney's vast superiority over Cole.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2006, 02:18:54 PM »

Jimbo, I don't watch every Arsenal game so I couldn't tell (gotch?...Yeah, Man U). As said, I dont' follow every Man U game but I've seen him played on numerous ocassions and I still think he's way overrated.  I would definitely signed up Lampard, Cole or Gerrard instead of Rooney. He's young and has a lot of room to improve, but he's not all that.

What do you think of Xavi Mr.?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2006, 02:32:34 PM »

I do think that you're right, from what I have seen he is very good. But I was talking more about Spain's failure to win a major tournament previously, I guess he is right up there though.

Of those three, I would probably say that Gerrard is the only one that I would sign before Rooney. Lampard is great, but Gerrard is just that bit better. And Rooney is somewhere in between the two. The problem I have with Cole is that, for me, I think that his vast improvement is due to the fact that he is now the finished product. The finished product of a player that is just above being average. I just don't feel that he is ever going to achieve legendary status, unlike the other three, who practicly have already.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2006, 07:12:30 PM »

as great as lampard, gerrard and cole are, wayne rooney (if he continues his development) could be as good as maradona or pele. he could singlehandedly win the world cup for england this summer.

Anyway, england currently have a huge surplus of midfielders and very few strikers. Actually they've only got two.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2006, 11:37:30 PM »

I'd pick Rooney over Messi.
Marko
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2006, 03:40:27 AM »

I am from Croatia, and i can say that now we have a great team. Maybe we don't have the greatest stars of world football, but it is a strong team and don't be suprised if Croatia comes very far in the WC. We have won Argentina in a friendly match a month ago, and we played 1:1 against Brasil last year in friendly matches, and we won Sweden twice in qualifications. It will be very hard against Brasil in the first match, but we are better than Japan and Australia, so we should get in second round, and then is everything possible. Players like Robert Kovac, Dado Pr?o or Dario Srna are very good. We'll see in June how good they are.

I was reading a bit this topic, and I am fascinated about the hating between English and Scottisc people. Well, you live in the same country, Great Britain, why are you always waiting for the bad result of England (or Scotland) and then make fun of them? Shocked
Question for English (and Scottish) people: Are you celebrating for example the gold medal of Scottish (English) player in the Olympic Games, where you are appearing under the same flag, the flag of Great Britain?? Huh   

(Sorry for my weak english, I hope you understood everyhing)
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2006, 07:21:06 AM »

i don't see myself as british so no. the Union Flag means nothing. britain is just an idea i choose not to subscribe.
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2006, 08:24:51 AM »

I do celebrate under the flag of great Britain,But I will always see myself as English first beer beer

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2006, 08:56:06 AM »

I consider myself British when it suits me - like when Andy Murray's playing. ok
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2006, 09:01:37 AM »

I do think that you're right, from what I have seen he is very good. But I was talking more about Spain's failure to win a major tournament previously, I guess he is right up there though.

Of those three, I would probably say that Gerrard is the only one that I would sign before Rooney. Lampard is great, but Gerrard is just that bit better. And Rooney is somewhere in between the two. The problem I have with Cole is that, for me, I think that his vast improvement is due to the fact that he is now the finished product. The finished product of a player that is just above being average. I just don't feel that he is ever going to achieve legendary status, unlike the other three, who practicly have already.

Even after that stupid shit he did against Arsenal last weekend? man  nervous
Anyway I'd pick Gerrard too  Tongue
But rooney over Messi? I think messi has shown more potential in less games than Rooney

No man can be my equal
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2006, 09:16:49 AM »

Even after that stupid shit he did against Arsenal last weekend?

What's that all about?  I don't remember anything happening.

Messi is clearly a special talent, but I think Rooney's much more of a complete article.  Rooney's strength is a massive advantage and he's fast and good on the ball as well.  He works hard, scores lots of goals and can change a game in a moment.  Yeah, i'd definately take Rooney. yes
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2006, 11:23:41 AM »

Gerrard gave a pass to the goalkeeper but near was Henry and he took the ball and score.

No man can be my equal
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2006, 01:24:40 PM »

Even after that stupid shit he did against Arsenal last weekend?

What's that all about?  I don't remember anything happening.

(your gift of a goal)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2006, 07:33:25 AM »

What Do my Fellow English People Think about England's World Cup Starting 11?

I'd go for

Keeper-Paul Robinson

Back Four-Ashley Cole Gary Neville Sol Campbell Jon Terry

Mid Field- David Beckham Joe Cole Frank Lampard Steven Gerrad

Skrikers-Micheal Owen Wayne Rooney

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2006, 05:33:28 PM »

Well, yeah. Although, Rio rather than Campbell. Though, if it were down to me I would have King and Terry (biased? I guess so... But I do feel like I'm being honest!).

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2006, 06:38:51 PM »

the starting eleven pretty much picks itself. if i was english (or swedish depending on my job) i'd be more worried about how i'd change it if its not going right.
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2006, 02:27:52 AM »

Well, yeah. Although, Rio rather than Campbell. Though, if it were down to me I would have King and Terry (biased? I guess so... But I do feel like I'm being honest!).

Ledley king would be a good Choice he has always performed well when he's played for England

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2006, 07:24:23 AM »

In case noone of you has heard yet..Jens Lehmann is going to be Germanys keeper no.1, instead of kahn  Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: