Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:47:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189661 times)
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2006, 07:52:58 AM »

In case noone of you has heard yet..Jens Lehmann is going to be Germanys keeper no.1, instead of kahn  Wink

Hmm, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I've been rooting for Germany since 1990, but lately I haven't really followed the scene. I thought Kahn was considered some sort of savior over there...

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2006, 08:06:59 AM »

It's a big surprise,since Kahn is something like a titan in germany. it's very likely that he is going to retire now, there'll be a pressconference in one hour...

people in germany are talking about this since three days straight Cheesy

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2006, 09:19:27 AM »

It's the right choice.? I haven't seen Kahn play in a little while, but Lehmann's form this season has been absolutely top draw and he's definately earned his place.

Go Germany!? NOT
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2006, 09:25:52 AM »

Kahn won't retire, je just announced it

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2006, 07:59:05 AM »

It's the right choice.  I haven't seen Kahn play in a little while, but Lehmann's form this season has been absolutely top draw and he's definately earned his place.

Go Germany!  NOT

and kahn pretty much lost his. too many fuck ups.
sad tho, he was, like, a *classic*.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2006, 01:57:28 PM »

I think Lehman has a great chance to shine with his own light on this one  ok

No man can be my equal
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2006, 01:12:59 PM »

Just my opinion but without Rooney we do not stand a chance.

We have world class players throughout the team. . that is true. But Rooney brings the word 'genius' into play.

Joe Cole has the skills but not the finishing ability of Rooney.

But most of all without Rooney we will lack a player in the centre of the pitch with true VISION.

Gerrard and Lampard are fantastic players but they do not have the awareness of Rooney in the hole behind the Striker.

Lampard is a neat player who has an very good eye for goal and will get you out of trouble by arriving in the right place at the right time.

Gerrard is a driving force kinda player who is an all round superstar but is so much better coming from deep than being the second striker. He is a player who has to think about defence as well as attack its in his nature. He has to be involved in everything.

I still think that ever since Paul Scholes retired we have lacked a player like him with True Vision. Rooney has that and Now England wont!

I think semi's are best we can hope for. But i fear a second place group finish and a quarter final dismissal.

Personally i would play crouch with Owen and keep the midfield the way it is. I would definaty leave Joe Cole on the left coz we have no one else who can play there.

AAron Lennon should definatly go. If he does i'm sure he could be  secret weapon in the last 15 mins of games.

END OF RANT

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2006, 07:28:07 PM »

Aaron Lennon vs. a guy who (beyond all sensible suggestion) went to a club that he is little more than a bit part player. Scratch that... He's less than a bit part player. I am a fan of Wright-Phillips, but I feel that it was his fault for being stupid enough to move to Chelsea then he can have no complaints if he sacrificed his place in the England squad.

As far as Crouch and Owen, Crouch just does no fill me with confidence. Not in the slightest. And, to be perfectly honest, he's fucking embarrasing. I would much rather see Gerrard playing behind Owen, with Carrick in the holding role of a diamond just behind him.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

Well the squad is here and i think its obvious what eriksson plans on doing now.

If owen and rooney are not fit, it looks like Crouch and Gerrard up front for England.

No place for Wright-Phillips or Englands top scorer in Darren Bent. But Theo Walcott is in despite not playing a premership game this year. That could be interesting!

Why have we picked Jermaine Jenas . . . . I just dont get that. Why not take Fowler, Bent or Defoe coz if Rooney and Owen are not fit then our squads strikers consists of a player who is not a natural goalscorer (crouch) and a kid who despite the undoubting talent has not played against a top defense ever!!!!. . . just think fowler, bent or defoe are all qulaity and if you dont give them a chance they will never show us what they can do

[/color]

Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2006, 04:20:06 PM »

Good On Sven He made some bold Choices i just hope they pay off for him we are banking on the Fitness of Rooney and Owen But eben if they are not fit Dosn't mean We can't win ,Didn't france win the 1998 world cup without a recognised striker? Most of their Goals came from Midfield

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

Theo Walcott, Jermaine Jenus and Owen Hargreaves all included, while Jermain Defoe and Sean Wright Phillips are omitted.

That's just stupid, dude.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2006, 06:36:54 PM »

But Theo Walcott is in despite not playing a premership game this year.

Try ever.

Why have we picked Jermaine Jenas . . . . I just dont get that. Why not take Fowler, Bent or Defoe...

It's Hargreeves who is taking the fifth strikers place, not Jenas.

I'm really made up with the squad, if only because it shows that Sven does have some bollocks hidden away.

Gutted that Ledley didn't make it, but by 2010 he should be first choice anyway... As for Defoe's ommision... Not what I would have done, but it wans't a suprise in the least. Neither should Wright-Phillip's have been. He's been a bit part player and best, and it's his own fucking fault for letting the pound signs cloud his eyes. If he thought that he was going to be a regular player for Chelsea this season then, well, he's too stupid to go to Germany anyway.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »

I rate hargreaves. Jenas is just pants. He cant defend and cant attack. He is third choice in every position.

Behind J.Cole and Downing on the Left

Behind Beckham and Lennon on the right

Behind Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick in the middle. Whats the Point?

[/color]

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2006, 12:43:58 PM »

Seems like a big gamble taking Walcott but I don't see any other options really and you never know it might just pay off. Trouble is the current England first eleven is very good but there's no depth after the first eleven, the reserve players are all very ordinary, we have an abundance of good centre backs and that's it. With no adequate cover for Rooney and Owen we will always struggle. Can't see past Brazil myself fairly unoriginal tip but there you go.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2006, 12:44:55 PM »

I just wish Sven Had But Jermaine Defoe In The Squad We May need Him yes

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2006, 07:14:14 PM »

I rate hargreaves. Jenas is just pants. He cant defend and cant attack.

Look at it this way... Hargreaves is anything but an impact player. Yes, he is all right; though, to be honest I haven't seen him play any time recently. I thought he wasn't getting a game, there was talk of him coming to play in England during both previous transfer windows.

Hargreaves is always going to be starting on the bench. He is there for cover (for Joe Cole on the left I guess, although Bridge is on the team so..........), and if he is bought on it will only be to defend a lead. Which would be typical Sven. Jenas can come on the last fifteen and have an impact, he can score goals and he can create chances. Hargreaves would come on and help sit on a 1-0 lead.

Arron Lennon though, seriously... When he does come on, say for the last fifteen, surely whoever we are playing is going to have to bring on some fresh legs either down the wing or at the full back position..............

I just hope the kid gets a chance to shine. Fifteen minutes would be enough.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »

Do you think Rooney will make it?

I've heard he may be suitable to play if England advances to the last 16th...what's the word in the UK on this?

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2006, 09:34:51 AM »

Do you think Rooney will make it?

I've heard he may be suitable to play if England advances to the last 16th...what's the word in the UK on this?

Well when he got injured they said 6 weeks and it was exactly 6 weeks til our opening game against Paraguaybut all the experts are saying he's no chance of being back by then. It is possible he could be fit after the group stages because he's had another 2-3 weeks by then but I wouldn't count on seeing him play cos it's still a long shot he'd be fit then.

What's the general view on Rooney abroad, is he a feared player like Ronaldinho or Henry or is he just seen as another player?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2006, 10:57:40 AM »

... If Rooney wants to play in the first game, he has to break the world record for fastest recovery from a broken metatarsal (no, seriously, he does!).

It's very unlikely that he will play before the second round at the very earliest, so nobody is expecting him to. Over here, nobody is really expecting him to play period. So preparations are pretty much focused arround the assumption that he won't be taking part at all....................

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2006, 07:37:14 AM »

What's the general view on Rooney abroad, is he a feared player like Ronaldinho or Henry or is he just seen as another player?

Rooney is seen like player with lots of potential but yet to achieve anything.? He's pretty young so he's got plenty of time, but he's not in the same league as Henry, Kaka, Schevchenko, Ronalidinho, Lampard...I guess since Man U. have not been successful in the last 2-3 years, the impact Rooney's had has been overlooked.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:58:59 AM by Ignatius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: