Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 10:50:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227980 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189715 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2006, 11:20:14 AM »

Well actually Paraguay began a little cold then Paraguay started to play but it was kinda boring game specially cause the game was played in the midfield and the only tactic was to shot from long distance

No man can be my equal
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2006, 11:28:43 AM »

Slow and boring second half in the England game...my guess is Sven tried to rest his players, by taking the huge gamble of killing off the game.

? But there was no counter atack !! It was imposible with only Crouch out front...instead of playing with Walcott in the place of the tired Owen, Sven threw in Downing, a horrible player with no real qualities.
 ? And the other flank wasn't doing better either, because Sven also tried to rest Becks, by sticking him to the side line.

? We'll see the real England in the first knock-out stage...no team that has World Cup winning aspirations impresses in the group stage, becasue of the risk of burning out. My guess is a win against Trinidad, and a reserve team game against Sweden.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2006, 11:53:07 AM »

Wow it surpised me how weak England played, if they played like this against any other big team (Brazil, The netherlands etc...) they would've lost with big numbers
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »

Wow it surpised me how weak England played, if they played like this against any other big team (Brazil, The netherlands etc...) they would've lost with big numbers

England will play better against better teams, that's my guess.
Sweden playing now, fuck Ibrahimovic is awesome!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2006, 01:10:20 PM »

England have always been slow starters. It was a boring game and nothing to worry about. While we weren't great, we weren't awful either and we just showed a lack of any end product.

We definitely missed Rooney but there is nothing to be concerned about............

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #285 on: June 10, 2006, 01:12:36 PM »

Sweeden 0 Trinidad y Tobago 0
Boring game too
I only hope the match between Argentina and Costa de Marfil is better

No man can be my equal
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #286 on: June 10, 2006, 01:14:16 PM »

Boring game too, seriously?

I've just come into it, but I watched the half time analysis and they all were enjoying it, plus my dad and brother said that it's been a good game.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

T&T tied Sweeden, heh.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2006, 02:49:05 PM »

Really? Sweeden and Trinidad and tobago??
In the second half a T&T player was shown the red card, so They play with 10 player the whole 45 minutes, it was a monologue of Sweeden from that time to the end. The goalkeeper Hislop was great, but I think it was boring cause it wasn't too much shots on T&T arc. It was one team playing and the other one defending.
I saw it that way

No man can be my equal
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #289 on: June 10, 2006, 04:14:31 PM »

thanks sven for reminding me why england wont win the world cup. you're a shite bag.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #290 on: June 10, 2006, 04:32:53 PM »

... but I think it was boring cause it wasn't too much shots on T&T arc. It was one team playing and the other one defending.
I saw it that way

... Not a fan of watching Brazil play, then?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2006, 05:03:12 PM »

argentina 2 - ivory coast 1  ok
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2006, 05:11:34 PM »

thanks sven for reminding me why england wont win the world cup. you're a shite bag.

i almost cracked the windows with laughter there!!!!...they were pish today

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #293 on: June 10, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »

The reason why England will not win the World Cup is down to the tactics and substitutions of Sven.

There is nothing wrong with the players, but there are too many square pegs trying to fit into round holes when Sven sends a team out.

The England players have been complaining that it was hot. Fair enough. But if you play matches in continental Europe in the summer, you run the risk of playing in hot conditions. So constantly lumping balls for forwards to chase was absolutely pointless. Keeping the ball and progressing up the pitch gradually would have worn the Parguayans down and may have paid dividends in the long run.

Poor tactics by Sven.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #294 on: June 10, 2006, 07:00:41 PM »

Sven is just SOOOOO bad, i just cant believe the world accepts him as a ''football manager'' - he's some guy dragged off the street and impersonating someone else

The man has zero talent - why havent people relaised that?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #295 on: June 10, 2006, 07:47:43 PM »

We realised that ages ago.? Unfortunately, he's in charge whether we like it or not.

We have a very good chance in this tournament but we'll need to play a whole lot better than that.? I know people are talking a lot about Gerrard playing well and Rooney coming back and such, but I think our trump card at the moment is David Beckham.? His crosses alone could take us quite far and he's hit top form at just the right time.? Lampard and Gerrard both need to improve but they don't really need to worry about it until after the group stage.? The tactics were terrible today but a win and clean sheet is hardly a bad start.? Fuck Sven - we'll win the World Cup without his help.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #296 on: June 10, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »

Sometimes I feel Sven doesn't want us to win the world cup. This was especially shown when he brought on Owen Hargreaves...seriously...if you want to break up play, bring on Michael Carrick or Carragher to play there.

For the second half of that game, we had such negative tactics. If he isn't prepared to play Walcott, why bring him?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2006, 08:14:15 PM »

We realised that ages ago.? Unfortunately, he's in charge whether we like it or not.

We have a very good chance in this tournament but we'll need to play a whole lot better than that.? I know people are talking a lot about Gerrard playing well and Rooney coming back and such, but I think our trump card at the moment is David Beckham.? His crosses alone could take us quite far and he's hit top form at just the right time.? Lampard and Gerrard both need to improve but they don't really need to worry about it until after the group stage.? The tactics were terrible today but a win and clean sheet is hardly a bad start.? Fuck Sven - we'll win the World Cup without his help.

Good point about Becks...some always complain that he's an overrated player, that can't do anything else but cross the ball, but his efficency in setting up goals is second to none. When the attack doesn't work thanks to Sven's shitty tactics, he's the man to create a goal

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2006, 09:34:28 PM »

The games were very entertaining today  except Paraguay va. England  .

best game of the day : Trinidad & Tobago vs. Sweden. I am so happy for T&T and were deserving of  the tie  , amazing accomplishment  being able to pull that off with only 10 men on the field.

Worst game .  England Vs. paraguay.   (no explanation needed)

best team of the day:  Argentina

Worst team of the day :  England without a doubt.  They are a bore  and are underachievers.  To win on an own goal is nothing to be proud of . 

biggest choker :  Sweden  of course.   They had like 100 chances to score  and failed to do it, no excuse for not scoring against such a lesser opponent.  The reason I didn't pick them as worst team is because  they atleast forced  the action  unlike England  that put me to sleep.

Can't wait till monday  when my team ( USA) kicks some ass.   It is not going to be easy,  thery are in a tough group.   My 2 favorite teams are in the same group   ( italia and USA)    I am an american    My  dad is Italian  .  It's going to be interesting watching both of them play against each other.  I'll still be rooting for the USA.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2006, 09:38:53 PM »

I just cant wait to ?beggins the storm ? on the ?wold cup .

That storm has a name ....... B R A S I L .

Note this name K A K A ? he wil be the MVP in this wold cup , he is flying ?..

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: