Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189660 times)
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2006, 06:49:26 AM »

lol i think it's funny the brazilians talk about ronalods body weight and kaka's new hair cut. they're crazy

In todays Herald Sun newspaper they had an article about Ronaldo's weight and how the president of Brazil had commented on it. Ronaldo came back with, "Just as he says I'm fat, everybody knows he drinks too much".  rofl
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2006, 06:51:47 AM »

yea i know. they've showed it here on tv too. ronaldo sux anyways.

CRESPO!!!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2006, 07:44:03 AM »

... if they don't improve dramatically, teams like Holland, Italy, Germany, Argentina or even England will rip their weak defence apart, no matter how many clown tricks Ronaldinho makes

HA! Good one. Now that would be some match. Given that both have below acceptional defences, it would go down to who is going to score the most goals in what would likely be rugby score. Surely I need not ask who you'd have your money on?

That said, Brazil's defence is nothing compared to the woe that is Germany.

Germany are at home, don't forget that when you write them off...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2006, 07:57:17 AM »

I'm not writing them off yet, because they can score goals. I am not however about to say that the home advantage is going to improve their defence...........

When (... IF) Germany come up against any of the decent teams, I'm sure that they are going to have to count on scoring more goals than them rather than keeping any out.

My point was that to speak of Germany taking advantage of a team with a weak defence is kind of ironic.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2006, 11:18:38 AM »

Spain looked impressive today.

Still, if they are true to their usual tournament form they'll probably lose to Tunisia or Saudi Arabia.

Unless Aragones has found the magic formula...

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
estranged.1098
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2006, 01:13:15 PM »

I don't think Germany's defense is as bad as people are saying.

Ronaldo was a big disappointment, but let's not forget he won the World Cup for Brazil 4 years ago. He could easily recover, but if he doesn't I hope Parreira doesn't take too long to realize it.

lol i think it's funny the brazilians talk about ronalods body weight and kaka's new hair cut. they're crazy

Not once did I hear anything about Kaka's hair here in Brazil.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2006, 01:13:43 PM »

yea i know. they've showed it here on tv too. ronaldo sux anyways.

CRESPO!!!

Jealous?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »

pff I now officially hate the Germans even more, those lucky bastards always score in the last couple of minutes in these kind of games? rant
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »

pff I now officially hate the Germans even more, those lucky bastards always score in the last couple of minutes in these kind of games  rant

Lucky?? Germany dominated, and deserved to win.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2006, 06:48:23 PM »

now all the teams played nad I can say: the best teams are Brazil e Czech Republic. Brazil with your powerfull attack and Czech Republic with great defense. But evryone knows that Brazil will be the champion.

p.s: for the 6 time....lol

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2006, 07:00:25 PM »

pff I now officially hate the Germans even more, those lucky bastards always score in the last couple of minutes in these kind of games? rant

Against a very poor 10 man Poland team they got a goal in injury time, yes they did deserve to win but if that's the best they can manage I'm not overly worried. Spain's quite interesting as they got very litttle attention in terms of possible winners but people might take a bit more notice now, I missed the game so I can't say how good they looked but beating anybody that well in world cup is a good omen. Spain may well be the dark horses of this tournament.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2006, 07:03:27 PM »

Yeah they deserved to win, but they always are so fucking lucky in these kind of games? no
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2006, 07:06:26 PM »

now all the teams played nad I can say: the best teams are Brazil e Czech Republic. Brazil with your powerfull attack and Czech Republic with great defense. But evryone knows that Brazil will be the champion.

i really don't know where brazil were the best. they were the worst team of all the favorites. if they continue playing like that, which i hope, they won't get any far.

and poland was just weak! i don't know how they were so good at the qualifying. they must have lost the ability to play football.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2006, 07:21:43 PM »

i really don't know where brazil were the best. they were the worst team of all the favorites. if they continue playing like that, which i hope, they won't get any far.

and poland was just weak! i don't know how they were so good at the qualifying. they must have lost the ability to play football.

wrost team of all favorites? I don't think you watched France X Switzerland, Portugal X Angola, or even England X Paraguai.
I can't say that Brasil played that good but a team with Kaka, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo( I know the didn't played anything, but wait for the next matches) kick any Rooney, Zidane or Figo ass

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
estranged.1098
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2006, 07:37:13 PM »

Brazil wasn't that bad. But if you haven't noticed none of the better teams played that well in their first game, which is absolutely normal for a  World Cup.

And by the way, Ronaldo had headaches tonight and he went to a hospital for some exams.  no
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2006, 08:18:28 PM »

wrost team of all favorites? I don't think you watched France X Switzerland, Portugal X Angola, or even England X Paraguai.
I can't say that Brasil played that good but a team with Kaka, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo( I know the didn't played anything, but wait for the next matches) kick any Rooney, Zidane or Figo ass

France and Portugal aren't really favourites for the World Cup in my eyes. They could make it to the quarter final,or semi final with luck, but non of them will win it.
England didn't play that bad though.

estranged.1098
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2006, 08:29:51 PM »

I disagree about Portugal, they almost won Eurocup only 2 years ago. Plus Scolari is a very good coach, which is something England badly needs. I thought France would be better, but still I would not want to play against them.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #357 on: June 15, 2006, 02:15:36 AM »

I dont know if you remember, but in 2002 Brazil played MUCH worse in the 1st game. We struggled to win turkey. Everybody was expecting an awesome game from Ronaldinh0o and all the others, but off course thats not gonna heppen often. I dont expect them to in easily against Australia either... The World Cup is a very Difficult competition and any victory is valid
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #358 on: June 15, 2006, 05:15:35 AM »

Haha, Ronaldo probably couldn't buy a transfer to a decent club, that isn't stupid, right now, while any club in the world would kill to have Rooney. Also, Zidane is way past his best and I don't think that you'll find anybody, French or otherwise, that would disagree.

I'm not sure if you watched the match, but Ronaldo didn't just have an off day, but he looked like he just didn't give a shit.

I disagree about Portugal, they almost won Eurocup only 2 years ago. Plus Scolari is a very good coach, which is something England badly needs. I thought France would be better, but still I would not want to play against them.

Yes, but they then lost to Greece. Twice! Don't discount the home advantage that the team had. Germany, for example are about 7-1 (or something like that) to win right now. But if this tournament were in any other country in the world then you would be looking at at least odds of 14-1.

France look shot to bits and the dude's right, neither they nor Portugal should be counted as favourites. That isn't to say that they don't stand a chance, just on paper you probably wouldn'y back them to go all the way.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #359 on: June 15, 2006, 10:17:01 AM »

What do you people think about Brasil - Croatia match?
We (croatia) played a great game against the world champions, i think we deserved at least a draw, but it ended in 1-0 brasil, Kaka scored a great goal. We need to win our next two games in order to progres in the next round, i belive we can do it.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: