Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 05:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 190671 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #500 on: June 22, 2006, 01:52:37 AM »

I would just like to say that mexico sucks the big one  and I expect Argentina to beat them 5-0  on Saturday.   The  FIFA rankings are a joke.   How can a team that plays all of their games in the concacaf  be ranked #4??   absolutely ridiculous.  I hate FIFA.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #501 on: June 22, 2006, 02:09:09 AM »

It sure is D!? I've always hated soccer, but always respected the athletes.? It's no easy task running around for 90 minutes on a field that's bigger than a football field.? I love how people sing songs and bring flags and are united by this event.? Puts our "football" to shame, doesn't it?

Lets dont get crazy now.

Its nowhere as exciting as NFL football to me, but I do like it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #502 on: June 22, 2006, 04:00:02 AM »

That Spain win over whoever it was when Torres had 2 goals and they came back from being down 1-0 for like 60 minutes and won 3-1 was an incredible game.

D knows his football... ok

Hilarious avatar by the way...will be interesting to see how Kujo and SLC reply to that.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #503 on: June 22, 2006, 05:36:55 AM »

Brazil's domination over the last 10-15 years coincided with the massive export of players to Europe. If all Brazilians would had played in their own country, they would be eaten alive by big european teams. Playing in Europe teaches them that Football is also about tactics, not only clown tricks and wasting chances.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #504 on: June 22, 2006, 05:38:39 AM »

i don't know if playing european equals better or not,but it definetely means more disciplined playing, in my opinion. and argentina has a way more organized way of playing than the brazils.

and i am not being disrespectful to your country dude, i just dislike your national team. and i am sorry but we will have to destroy you in the semi finals.
and the reason why they won the world cup last time was because argentina was really bad and they had germany in the final. anyone could beat them Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
sandman
Legend

« Reply #505 on: June 22, 2006, 07:49:28 AM »

Brazil's domination over the last 10-15 years coincided with the massive export of players to Europe. If all Brazilians would had played in their own country, they would be eaten alive by big european teams. Playing in Europe teaches them that Football is also about tactics, not only clown tricks and wasting chances.

hasn't brazil always dominated??? haven't they won more world cups than anyone???

that's a bold statement saying that brazil would not dominate if players didn't migrate to Europe. i think they would have found a way to be a top team, no matter where their players play professionally.

brazil plays that was cause they can. they have the skill at every position, and the quickness on D to recover and limit good scoring chances.

don't be a hater...brazil is just that dominant. with that said, i hope someone pulls a major upset and beats them. it's certainly not impossible.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #506 on: June 22, 2006, 09:20:35 AM »

brazil have won alot more cups than anyone but they had a near fourty year spell where they won nothing. And its not a bold statement to say that - its widely accepted as fact by both europeans and brazilians. basically, they have the flair and individual talent, we have the organisation, physical presence and the defensive know-how. unfortunately the learned the defensive part in the early 90's and have been kicking ass ever since.

even the best brazilian teams (1970, etc) would struggle against most modern international teams simply because of the difference in tactics and the organisation. never mind conditioning.
estranged.1098
« Reply #507 on: June 22, 2006, 11:58:41 AM »

2Na, Brazil never had a 40 year spell. Things were ugly between 70 and 94, but Brazil had very good teams in between. 1982 was amazing, 1990 would have been better if the Argentinians hadn't drugged some of Brazil's players.

Of course the 1970 team would struggle against today's modern teams, they're all old now.  hihi  But seriously, any team from that time would struggle against any team of today. Football has changed and Brazil has kept up with it.
estranged.1098
« Reply #508 on: June 22, 2006, 12:03:07 PM »

i don't know if playing european equals better or not,but it definetely means more disciplined playing, in my opinion.

A team doesn't win 5 World Cups without tactics, sorry.

and argentina has a way more organized way of playing than the brazils.

and i am not being disrespectful to your country dude, i just dislike your national team. and i am sorry but we will have to destroy you in the semi finals.
and the reason why they won the world cup last time was because argentina was really bad and they had germany in the final. anyone could beat them Wink

And why did Brazil play the last 3 WC finals? And how come Brazil killed Argentina last year at the Confederations Cup final (4-1)?

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #509 on: June 22, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »

2Na, Brazil never had a 40 year spell. Things were ugly between 70 and 94, but Brazil had very good teams in between. 1982 was amazing, 1990 would have been better if the Argentinians hadn't drugged some of Brazil's players.

Of course the 1970 team would struggle against today's modern teams, they're all old now. hihi But seriously, any team from that time would struggle against any team of today. Football has changed and Brazil has kept up with it.

i said a "nearly 40 year spell where they won nothing" - this is true. 34 years being nearly 40. i never said the teams weren't good, but sandman asked "hadnt they always dominated" - which they hadnt.

as for the 1970 not being a match for nowadays teams due to football moving on...well my original point was that it took brazil time to blend their individual style based game with the european defensive counter attack game which is just what you've said.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #510 on: June 22, 2006, 01:16:07 PM »

Italy and ghana in the next round, if croatia wins tonight we play against Italy nervous

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #511 on: June 22, 2006, 01:27:50 PM »

fucking crap, I hate Italy Grin (the team, not the country, haha)
really wished Nedved and the boys would advance, but it's been looking ugly since Koller got injured.
dream final would definately be Argentina-Brasil. but Im getting scared of Germany, think they just might get to the final! I really really hope Sweden kicks their asses, but Im doubting it.
I don't think England will get much further, I actually like Germany better than England in this world cup....and Im no fan of the Germans! Grin

Edit: looking forward to Brazil-Japan later, lets hope Ronaldinho and Kaka brings the magic!
anyone know if Ronaldo will get a third chance btw?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #512 on: June 22, 2006, 01:30:06 PM »

Don't worry dude, if Germany wants to get to the finals, they have to pass Argentina, and they're never gonna bet them in 10 years. I'm really excited about Portugal vs. Netherlands.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #513 on: June 22, 2006, 01:36:20 PM »

I would just like to say that mexico sucks the big one? and I expect Argentina to beat them 5-0? on Saturday.? ?The? FIFA rankings are a joke.? ?How can a team that plays all of their games in the concacaf? be ranked #4??? ?absolutely ridiculous.? I hate FIFA.

ohh i see now that you ar alittle jealous right? we know that your country fail to qualify , get over it .   i have to say that Mexico its allitle bit overated and they will be probably going home in the next match against argentina, but you cant deal with Mexicos team been better than USA .
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #514 on: June 22, 2006, 01:37:55 PM »

Maybe USA should stick to Baseball and American Football Wink

just kiddin

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #515 on: June 22, 2006, 01:47:31 PM »

Don't worry dude, if Germany wants to get to the finals, they have to pass Argentina, and they're never gonna bet them in 10 years. I'm really excited about Portugal vs. Netherlands.

yep, should be a damn good match! but who knows, it might turn into a huge snoozefest as well. though both teams play pretty nice football, always liked em both. think I'll be rooting for Holland though.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #516 on: June 22, 2006, 01:51:04 PM »

Holland used to play nice football until 2004 (holland vs.czech at the european cup? god that was the best game ever). now they play like the italians used to. boring and defensive

Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #517 on: June 22, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

I remebering a certain game now, S?o Paulo x Liverpool, I guess you remeber wich team won.
If Brazil decide to have a national team only with players that play here(Brazil), I'm sure that this team would be as good as the actual team, or even better. Brazilian players shows to Europe the magic of the soccer, something that Beckham, Rooney, Zidane, Del Piero, etc. can't do.

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
estranged.1098
« Reply #518 on: June 22, 2006, 02:09:43 PM »

Of course the 1970 team would struggle against today's modern teams, they're all old now. hihi But seriously, any team from that time would struggle against any team of today. Football has changed and Brazil has kept up with it.

i said a "nearly 40 year spell where they won nothing" - this is true. 34 years being nearly 40. i never said the teams weren't good, but sandman asked "hadnt they always dominated" - which they hadnt.

1994 - 1970 = 24  peace

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #519 on: June 22, 2006, 02:26:39 PM »

I feel so down that lots of people think Ecuador can't win against England, I know England have better players and even played better in their last game but, Ecuador also had great game and did a great impression saying that England is already in the next round is looking to low to Ecuador I hope we can do a great game and if Possible be in the next round and not England.

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: