Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 10:04:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227977 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189690 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #520 on: June 22, 2006, 03:09:29 PM »

2Na, Brazil never had a 40 year spell. Things were ugly between 70 and 94, but Brazil had very good teams in between. 1982 was amazing, 1990 would have been better if the Argentinians hadn't drugged some of Brazil's players.

Of course the 1970 team would struggle against today's modern teams, they're all old now. hihi But seriously, any team from that time would struggle against any team of today. Football has changed and Brazil has kept up with it.

i said a "nearly 40 year spell where they won nothing" - this is true. 34 years being nearly 40. i never said the teams weren't good, but sandman asked "hadnt they always dominated" - which they hadnt.

1994 - 1970 = 24? peace

good point, estranged. the game of soccer has evolved and brazil has kept up.

2na - obviously i didn't mean "always dominated" literally. no team will dominate consistently for many years.   Roll Eyes

who is the greatest team of the last 75 years? it's brazil. it's not even debatable.

they have been consistently good. so why try to give Europe credit for Brazil's recent success???

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #521 on: June 22, 2006, 05:31:46 PM »

I feel so down that lots of people think Ecuador can't win against England, I know England have better players and even played better in their last game but, Ecuador also had great game and did a great impression saying that England is already in the next round is looking to low to Ecuador I hope we can do a great game and if Possible be in the next round and not England.

Despite being English, I think Ecuador have a superb chance of beating England on Sunday.

Ecuador beat Brazil AND Argentina in the qualifying for this tournament and easily beat Poland who England historically struggle against.

Any English fan who thinks the game will be a walkover should think again.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #522 on: June 22, 2006, 05:34:54 PM »

Brazil 4 - 1 Japan

Thanks You very much  ok

I guess we should thank the Europeans, who apparently taught us how to play  rofl

That was the most stupid comment ever
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #523 on: June 22, 2006, 05:38:10 PM »

US sucks.

Man what a bunch of pussies.

Our top guy gets a little boo boo and goes out.

How in the hell did he get that ball stolen from him anyway?

And that penalty was ridiculous.

Ghana got that bullshit penalty shot during the extended first half and it was a horrible call.

Its something cause all week Ive watched Germany,Spain,England and Im so excited about Fotbol/Soccer cause Im thinking "WOW, this is great"

I watch the US play today and have never been more bored in my life.

Our team is passionless, spoiled and weak.

I am officially a German as of today and will cheer Germany till the end. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #524 on: June 22, 2006, 05:41:17 PM »

blegh, my maths is shit but my point remains completely the same.

it was actually my point that brazil do not play the way the same was as they did 30 years ago. they have adapted to the european style. because if they hadn't they wouldn't be winning world cups nowadays.

i never claimed that brazilian success was down to europe. you've got a chip resting on your shoulder because i never made that point.

nor did i anywhere claim that brazil were not the best team ever. because they are. you're making things up and attributing them to me.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #525 on: June 22, 2006, 05:43:45 PM »

oh, and eduardo can you point out where i or anyone claimed that the europeans taught brazil how to play football? cos i cant see it. for "the most stupid comment ever" it doesnt actually exist, does it? makes your comment seem pretty, well, stupid.

although it was an englishman who brought football to brazil if we're being tecniqual.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 05:45:47 PM by 2NaFish » Logged
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #526 on: June 22, 2006, 05:49:48 PM »

blegh, my maths is shit but my point remains completely the same.

it was actually my point that brazil do not play the way the same was as they did 30 years ago. they have adapted to the european style. because if they hadn't they wouldn't be winning world cups nowadays.

i never claimed that brazilian success was down to europe. you've got a chip resting on your shoulder because i never made that point.

nor did i anywhere claim that brazil were not the best team ever. because they are. you're making things up and attributing them to me.

Did I mention your name? I was commenting on something someone said 3 pages back, which was completely stupid. I don't even know who made that comment.

Anyway, no team plays nowadays like they did 30 years ago. That's obvious. Do you think Holland plas the same way today like they did in '74? No. The game evolved, so did the players

Brazil didnt addapt their game to the european style, which is all about crossing the ball. We did'nt learn tactics from the Europeans. In fact, the only thing that changed in our game is the defense, which used to be bad.

And that wasn't because of Europe either
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2006, 05:56:43 PM »

the european game is based on crossing? well, you obviously know the game inside out dont you. The last time arsenal won the league in england they never scored one single goal from a cross all season. not one. pretty strange huh. there's your theory blown to shit.

And how do you explain the gap in brazil's winning world cups if not on them adapting to the european, aggressive, defensive counter attacking style?

(id still like to see the quote that says europeans teaching the brazilians how to play)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2006, 05:56:50 PM »

I would just like to say that mexico sucks the big one? and I expect Argentina to beat them 5-0? on Saturday.? ?The? FIFA rankings are a joke.? ?How can a team that plays all of their games in the concacaf? be ranked #4??? ?absolutely ridiculous.? I hate FIFA.

ohh i see now that you ar alittle jealous right? we know that your country fail to qualify , get over it .? ?i have to say that Mexico its allitle bit overated and they will be probably going home in the next match against argentina, but you cant deal with Mexicos team been better than USA .

First of all ?I posted that comment after Mexico lost to portugal ?and before USA vs. Ghana ?so I how could i be jealous ?? The USA game ?had not been played yet. ? I would never be jealous of Mexico ?, they suck. they barely got passed ?an easy group. ?They played Iran and Angola , that is pretty weak. ?USA on the other hand ?was in the group of death . ? I'm not saying the USA had a chance to win the WC ?because they didn't ?they would have been destroyed against brasil ? but i know they would have gotten out of your group if they had played there. ?no concacaf team will ever win the World Cup ?. ? I will be rooting for Italy to win the world cup since I am Italian American ?. ? GO ITALY ? !

BTW ?I PREDICT ARGENTINA WINS 6-0 AGAINST MEXICO ?
estranged.1098
« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »

the european game is based on crossing? well, you obviously know the game inside out dont you. The last time arsenal won the league in england they never scored one single goal from a cross all season. not one. pretty strange huh. there's your theory blown to shit.

And how do you explain the gap in brazil's winning world cups if not on them adapting to the european, aggressive, defensive counter attacking style?

(id still like to see the quote that says europeans teaching the brazilians how to play)

Here's the quote he was responding to:
Brazil's domination over the last 10-15 years coincided with the massive export of players to Europe. If all Brazilians would had played in their own country, they would be eaten alive by big european teams. Playing in Europe teaches them that Football is also about tactics, not only clown tricks and wasting chances.
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2006, 06:04:05 PM »

That's because not every time the best team wins, thats why football is so exciting

2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2006, 06:05:39 PM »

well its not saying europe taught them how to play football is it? its saying that for all the individual flair in the world a well drilled team is vital. huge difference.

its just saying it in a nasty way.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2006, 06:07:34 PM »

for a quarter of a century eduardo?

seems strange that brazil were unlucky for 24 years, yet when more and more brazilians started playing in europe they started to win it again. your theory is based off of random luck, mine is actually intellegable.
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »

seems strange that brazil were unlucky for 24 years, yet when more and more brazilians started playing in europe they started to win it again. your theory is based off of random luck, mine is actually intellegable.

We won 3 WC in 58, 62 and 70 and 90% of our team played in Brazil
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2006, 06:16:44 PM »

yes, i know that. They won them because the european teams couldnt match their flair defensivly. After 1970 the european teams picked up your individual flair - best, cruyff, platini, etc - and won more world cups.

In brazil's barren spell their game evolved to learn the european defensive, counterattacking style and from then on have been dominant.

I seem to keep saying the same thing, yet you're not picking it up.
estranged.1098
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »

Actually, you can't just say "Europe" and put all the leagues in the same bag. The Spanish league is one a Brazilian fan can actually enjoy and it's where most players that go to Europe go to. Italy is completely different and I don't think any of the major Brazilian players ever played in England.

When you were watching Brazilian's game today were you thinking "aggressive, defensive counter attacking style"? What exactly did Brazil pick up from Europe?

And by the way, out of the cups that Brazil didn't win, Argetina won 2. So you can't just say Europe took it all.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2006, 06:28:57 PM »

blah blah blah. we know.

if you wanna do a dick measuring contest for sports start up a thread about it. otherwise don't. just dont.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2006, 06:30:14 PM »

Actually, you can't just say "Europe" and put all the leagues in the same bag. The Spanish league is one a Brazilian fan can actually enjoy and it's where most players that go to Europe go to. Italy is completely different and I don't think any of the major Brazilian players ever played in England.

When you were watching Brazilian's game today were you thinking "aggressive, defensive counter attacking style"? What exactly did Brazil pick up from Europe?

And by the way, out of the cups that Brazil didn't win, Argetina won 2. So you can't just say Europe took it all.

AND brazil finished in 4th place and 3rd place in 1974 and 1978. so it's not like they weren't an elite team all through the 70's.

yes, brazil's game has evolved and improved. but you can't just give all that credit to europe for influencing brazil's style.

in fact, you can make a better argument that Europe has adopted more of brazil's style. as 2na said...

"After 1970 the european teams picked up your individual flair - best, cruyff, platini, etc - and won more world cups."

brazil was dominant, then europe caught up. brazil is dominant again....will europe catch up?

we'll find out if they have in the next few weeks.

2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2006, 06:32:51 PM »

estranged, i never said the brazilians play in that that style. they evolved and adapted to it. if they hadnt they wouldnt be doing well. which has always been my point. not that brazil play in a european way.

i understand english may not be your first language and i don't want to condescend, but you're reading things that i;m not writing.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2006, 06:33:46 PM »

USA came up small today. donavon was a bust in all 3 games. he was supposed to be one of our better players, but he played very tentatively. and he constatnly turned the ball over. he was awful.

still, the US has made nice strides. we have a young nucleus with some rising stars coming up. the group of death was even tougher than anyone could have imagined. BY FAR, the most difficult group to advance out of.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: