Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189637 times)
VIP

« Reply #580 on: June 24, 2006, 05:13:26 PM »

the brazilian ref has a fatwa on him. from now on.

he laughed when he gave him a red card, he shouldn't get back into international soccer after that.
i bet he is getting his ass whopped somehow.

idiot and doubleidiot.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #581 on: June 24, 2006, 05:38:10 PM »

That red card was a joke!  There wasn't even a foul in the second instance, and the first was hardly worthy of a yellow card.  That was a home decision if ever I saw one.

No, he followed FIFA's recommendations.

Since when does FIFA's recommendations state that you give a player a yellow card when players start waving imaginary cards at a referee?

That referee had no intention of issuing a yellow, and subsequent red, until the German players swarmed around him.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #582 on: June 24, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »

Unlucky you mexican leges

That's a hatrick for Doull
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #583 on: June 24, 2006, 06:25:50 PM »

ohh!! i cant keep watching the Mexico vs Argentina game, im so nervous! come on Mexico

damn Mexico made it really hard for us, but we finally won!

great game, totally breathtaking!

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #584 on: June 24, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

ohh!! i cant keep watching the Mexico vs Argentina game, im so nervous! come on Mexico

you flukey argie sod  Tongue

That's a hatrick for Doull
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #585 on: June 24, 2006, 07:39:17 PM »

well good game  peace

Germany VS Aegentina looks like a great game.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #586 on: June 24, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »

Cracking game.  Mexico were excellent right from the start but I think overall the Argies did deserve their win.

Is it just me or is the standard of refereeing getting worse as the tournament goes on?  At first I was impressed by a lot of the decisions but recently they've had some real shockers (today especially).
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #587 on: June 24, 2006, 08:48:22 PM »

the refs are getting scared as they see any sign of commong sense as weakness and if you appear weak then you're gonna be sent home and miss out on the chance to ref the final.

they think its all about them when its about the fans and they're ruining our world cup.
estranged.1098
« Reply #588 on: June 24, 2006, 08:53:45 PM »

Since when does FIFA's recommendations state that you give a player a yellow card when players start waving imaginary cards at a referee?

That referee had no intention of issuing a yellow, and subsequent red, until the German players swarmed around him.

It doesn't matter if you think he had intention or not, he held Klose back and that asks for a yellow card. He was stupid to hold him back, but he did it anyway. His first yellow card was also completely deserved.

Germany completely dominated the match, I'm surprised to see people blame Sweden's defeat on the ref.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #589 on: June 24, 2006, 08:58:41 PM »

ok then, every single time anyone grabs someones jersey its a booking. no game would last more than ten minutes. its called common sense and it underpins all refereeing law.

and the first foul was not a booking. it was mistimed but not malicious.

by the way, before you ask, yes i am a referee.
estranged.1098
« Reply #590 on: June 24, 2006, 09:08:28 PM »

ok then, every single time anyone grabs someones jersey its a booking.

That's not what's written there.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #591 on: June 25, 2006, 04:11:42 AM »

It doesn't matter if you think he had intention or not, he held Klose back and that asks for a yellow card. He was stupid to hold him back, but he did it anyway. His first yellow card was also completely deserved.

Germany completely dominated the match, I'm surprised to see people blame Sweden's defeat on the ref.

The referee was so biased towards the Germans it was untrue. And to be honest, I didn't really mind either way which team went through, so I was watching with neutral eyes.

In the last 10 minutes, a Swedish player went down. The Swedish players wanted the game stopped. The referee told them to play on.

90 seconds later a German player went down and the ref stopped the game straight away.

Neither player was clutching their head or appeared to have sustained a head injury, which is a requisite for the game to be stopped.

And I agree with Danny Top Hat - The refereeing has been atrocious. And I have particular anger towards the assistant referees/linesmen. Disgraceful. The number of offside decisions which have been mucked up is appalling. We shouldn't have had extra time between Argentina v Mexico; Tevez and Messi were onside in the last couple of minutes and Messi's 'goal' should have counted.

The officials are not able to keep up with the pace of the game. Most of the officials are in their 40's and 50's, so how can they be expected to keep up with a game played by sportsmen in their prime. I mean, could many of them could finish within 5 metres of Torres or Henry over a 50 metre sprint? Some of these players are so quick that the officials cannot make the correct decision.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #592 on: June 25, 2006, 05:10:52 AM »

Looking forward to the England game this afternoon  peace

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #593 on: June 25, 2006, 06:16:38 AM »

The Swedish player did not deserve his red card.  The 1st booking was a clear yellow, yes.  But the 2nd was unbelievably harsh refereeing, if Klose was going to run into the box then maybe a yellow would be justified, but he's hardly in an advanced position near the half-way line is he?!  Some of the refereeing has been mind-boggling.  Naturally England's representative Mr Poll with the most high-profile cock-up so far!!

England just have to be careful to not get complacent and defend properly today, then we'll win.  If we show cracks in the defence Ecuador will probably take advantage.  Rooney also has a huge part to play.  I doubt he's 100% yet so the midfielders have to give him constant, good support or he'll struggle up front on his own.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #594 on: June 25, 2006, 07:00:27 AM »

ok then, every single time anyone grabs someones jersey its a booking.

That's not what's written there.

quite right. its not whats written there.

but do you know where it IS written? the referee's handbook. it is a bookable offence to grab someone else's jersey.

and do you know what else you wrote? that the referees were following fifa directives. therefore if they were to follow fifa directives it would be a booking every time a played grabbed another's jersey.

your logic. not mine.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #595 on: June 25, 2006, 11:58:02 AM »

Ecuador is playing quite well right now, I would like them to surprise England and defeat them...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #596 on: June 25, 2006, 12:11:42 PM »

Ecuador is playing quite well right now,

Because England isn't playing that well....

I would like them to surprise England and defeat them...

I wouldn't.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #597 on: June 25, 2006, 12:22:17 PM »

Only one goal down...   they still have time -- Ecuador -- Cheesy

Jarmo are you English?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #598 on: June 25, 2006, 12:49:27 PM »

1-0 and a crap performance - i didnt need to waste 90 mins watching the game to know that would happen!

Please - god - anyone - remove Sven from the England team

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #599 on: June 25, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »

Jarmo are you English?

No, I'm Belgian, I mean Swedish....

I'm actually Finnish! Cheesy

But the way Ecuador played, they didn't deserve to go through. At least England tried even though they did play like crap....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: