Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:50:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189686 times)
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #600 on: June 25, 2006, 01:07:26 PM »

you know i've thought england has been pretty unimpressive in the group stages.

but i thought........hey they'll probably improve in the second round, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

so i watch the ecuador england match.

england still don't impress me at all.

and to think the talent on the english team. i haven't seen one team goal by england this whole world cup. has there been one? all i see are individual efforts getting england through so far. a beckham free kick, a joe cole goal, a gerrard cracker of a shot. they all make me say wow gerrard or beckham are great players. they don't make me say "wow england are a great team". get what i mean?

i don't understand how you can have that much talent in the team and perform so poorly as a team.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 01:12:25 PM by Oddy » Logged
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #601 on: June 25, 2006, 01:16:01 PM »

you know i've thought england has been pretty unimpressive in the group stages.

but i thought........hey they'll probably improve in the second round, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

so i watch the ecuador england match.

england still don't impress me at all.

and to think the talent on the english team. i haven't seen one team goal by england this whole world cup. has there been one? all i see are individual efforts getting england through so far. a beckham free kick, a joe cole goal, a gerrard cracker of a shot. they all make me say wow gerrard or beckham are great players. they don't make me say "wow england are a great team". get what i mean?

i don't understand how you can have that much tallent in the team and perform so poorly as a team.

That because individuals tallents players dont make a great team , England is not playing well , only hope is a Beckham croos or a free kick , or a nice play by Cole or Lampar , and England has not the hungry for the victory .
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 01:21:11 PM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #602 on: June 25, 2006, 01:20:40 PM »

But the way Ecuador played, they didn't deserve to go through. At least England tried even though they did play like crap....

So you are saying England played better? they tried better? How about that freaking referee favouring every foal to the english, and a free kick not deserve at all and becks score,
Ecuador played damn good England wasn't in their best performance but we didn't let them, so if England deserve to go through only cause they were 12 players against 11 thats your opinion but not how lots of people around the world think. We could've win and they did a great performance in this wolrd cup.

No man can be my equal
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #603 on: June 25, 2006, 01:27:38 PM »

England were awful. Embarrassed

Again. Embarrassed

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #604 on: June 25, 2006, 02:45:22 PM »

portugal will be kicking holand?s ass in about 15 minutes  ok

and the next in line is none other than england peace

kind like euro 2004  but we kicked england?s ass first hihi
estranged.1098
« Reply #605 on: June 25, 2006, 03:05:46 PM »

quite right. its not whats written there.

but do you know where it IS written? the referee's handbook. it is a bookable offence to grab someone else's jersey.

and do you know what else you wrote? that the referees were following fifa directives. therefore if they were to follow fifa directives it would be a booking every time a played grabbed another's jersey.

your logic. not mine.

I only see a problem with your logic; you're saying that because they don't always follow the rules Simon was wrong to do it. Well, he was not.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #606 on: June 25, 2006, 03:21:11 PM »

So you are saying England played better? they tried better?

Yeah, they did what you have to if you wanna win. Score at least one more goal than your opponent!

Ecuador seemed like they didn't even try in the last 10-15 minutes.

Were they afraid England would win 2-0? I don't know...

How about that freaking referee favouring every foal to the english, and a free kick not deserve at all and becks score,
Ecuador played damn good England wasn't in their best performance but we didn't let them, so if England deserve to go through only cause they were 12 players against 11 thats your opinion but not how lots of people around the world think. We could've win and they did a great performance in this wolrd cup.

You need to score a goal in order to win. You didn't. They were close, but close isn't good enough.

Always blaming the referee...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #607 on: June 25, 2006, 03:26:17 PM »

But the way Ecuador played, they didn't deserve to go through. At least England tried even though they did play like crap....

So you are saying England played better? they tried better? How about that freaking referee favouring every foal to the english, and a free kick not deserve at all and becks score,

Ecuador deserved to win, If it wasnt for the free kick (goal) ?the story would have been totally different. anyway ?Dick Purple, the Cup is stayin in SOUTH AMERICA ANYWAY!!! ?So keep on dreammin you pale, tea drinkers english! ?hihi ?
Si se puede!! el cojudo ese habla huevadas, preguntale donde esta finlandia en el mundial? jjajajaa ?bobo d averga jajjaa beer ?rock on dude!

If the world would end today... Wink
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #608 on: June 25, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »

So Ruud's not playing? Anyone know why?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 03:46:43 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #609 on: June 25, 2006, 05:03:07 PM »

GODDAMN WE WERE ROBBED!!!! rant rant

this referee was just awful and the dutch players are just pussies !!!

but we got through and kicked holand?s stupid ass outta the world cup!! ok
VIP

« Reply #610 on: June 25, 2006, 05:09:34 PM »

GOOOO PORTUGAAALL!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

disgusting manners from the dutch. very unsportsmanlike etc Angry

Deco is my new favourite soccerplayer! ok
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #611 on: June 25, 2006, 05:13:37 PM »

Bye Netherlands  Go Home Shame on you  no 

The Best player of Portugal team is Felip?o  ok  hihi

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #612 on: June 25, 2006, 05:20:59 PM »

portugal will be kicking holand?s ass in about 15 minutes  ok

as it turned out, they really did KICK
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #613 on: June 25, 2006, 05:28:59 PM »

I literaly feel sick after that Holland game

What the hell is happening to this world cup? The referees are just totally out of control - 4 red cards?!

How many has that been so far? - three games with 3 red cards alone

15 yellow cards - and a fraction of those deserved them

I can only imagine how the Dutch feel - this world cup is in shambles

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #614 on: June 25, 2006, 05:35:58 PM »

you'd think players would notice refs are tougher in this world cup whether they like it or not and simply stop the shirt pulling, handballs, diving, and tackles from behind.

its not just the refs that are out of control. the players in that holland portugal game are also to blame.
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #615 on: June 25, 2006, 05:37:09 PM »

you'd think players would notice refs are tougher in this world cup whether they like it or not and simply stop the shirt pulling, handballs, diving, and tackles from behind.

its not just the refs that are out of control. the players in that holland portugal game are also to blame.

did u saw the game?
next u?re gonna tell me that deco?s second card was the right decision ?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #616 on: June 25, 2006, 05:42:34 PM »

thats not what i said.

deco just got angry after the fact holland did not give the ball back and played on. he then went on to do a clumsy tackle on a player which made no attempt to get the ball. it probably didn't deserve a yellow, but its his own fault for letting his anger getting the better of him and taking a player out.

yes the refs have been throwing cards everywhere. like i said, the players aren't very smart who don't notice this and continue to commit fouls.

if they don't like how the refs in the world cup complain to fifa. the refs generally have been equally as strict to both teams. all teams have been subject to it. it may make for terrible football with all these cards, but no team is being disadvantaged from it more than another.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #617 on: June 25, 2006, 05:49:54 PM »

Half those ''fouls'' wouldn't raise an eyebrow in the Premiership, either the refs are in the pay of the Mafia or FIFA issues directives that all Refs play stoned

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #618 on: June 25, 2006, 05:55:34 PM »

thats because this is not the Premiership. This is not the Italian league.

all the players are used to playing there under those refs.

this is the world cup, and obviously, the refs as we have seen have been extremely strict, giving red cards to players for fouls that wouldn't even get a penalty in English football.

like i said, when are the players going to adjust to this and realise this isn't the Premier league.

you've got super crazy spastic refs ready to give more cards than my Grandma on Christmas. the refs have consistently been like this throughout the cup and players simple have not adjusted to it.

i'm not condoning the refs........infact i hate how many fouls they give per game it slows the game down. im just saying it seems like this is how the refs are going to continue to be for the rest of the cup whether the players like it or not.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #619 on: June 25, 2006, 06:08:36 PM »

deco just got angry after the fact holland did not give the ball back and played on. he then went on to do a clumsy tackle on a player which made no attempt to get the ball. it probably didn't deserve a yellow, but its his own fault for letting his anger getting the better of him and taking a player out.

sorry that was the incident for Deco's first yellow card wasn't it.

my mistake his second one shouldnt have happened.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: