Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:02:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's finest moment
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's finest moment  (Read 7482 times)
RichardNixon
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:29:05 PM »

This is different from your favorite  GN'R song. What in your opinion, is the one moment when you feel Axl is his most brilliant, soulful...

For me it is "Estranged," especially the last verse...beautiful, brilliant...
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 08:37:36 PM »

I don't know, those last few lyrics in Coma are pretty friggin' amazing.  Grin

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 08:50:10 PM »

ritz 88 or paris 92

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 09:01:25 PM »

ritz 88 or paris 92

Was just going to say exactly that.

On an album, Rocket Queen is perfection
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 09:12:17 PM »

While I realize this isnt Axl's finest moment as far as singing goes I think it is actually the moment when the band was feeling its best.  I instantly said  the Stones shows... now before everyone jumps on me and says it was Axl's worst moment because he went off on the band members let me explain....

AFD had already become an enormous success.  Lies and AFD were in the top 5 of the charts in early 1989.  First band that had ever done that.  Now fast forward to the show where Axl threatened the band.  Drug use was most likely at an all time high for the band.  Axl was livid and things felt like they were falling apart.  Axl calls everyone out.  That night was miserable. 

But then they came out and played the next 3 shows and everything went great.  Obviously the band made a commitment to each other and went forward with their careers.  Imagine feeling like everything was going to come to an end and then everyone getting their shit together and straightening everything out.  Not only that but they chosen to open for rock legends.  It must have been a great feeling. 

I imagine the band feeling great about where they were and where they were going.  Things must have deteriorated rather quickly after that.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 09:48:55 PM »

mmm Once in the France concert just a second before Slash did the SCOM riff, when vowed down and the air blown his hair... pretty cool.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 10:07:43 PM »

its gotta be the whole performance at wembley for the freddie mercury tribute.axl was in a contraversial situation with the whole ''one in a million'' lyrics about ''faggots'' thing and the ''kill your idols'' tshirt yet,they still managed to rock about 200'000 queen fans.axl sang the most inportant line of the most inportant song in the whole queen catalouge (bohemian rhapsody) which he performed down to a t.we will rock you was amazing and knockin on heavens was proberbly my best live version ever.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 10:17:41 PM »

Same here. MR war.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 10:48:49 PM »

Same here. MR war.
i think alot of poeple would agree that not only AXL but the whole band were in there element at the freddie mercury tribute which was GNRs best years(91,92,).

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
misterbrownstone
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 10:51:43 PM »

its gotta be the whole performance at wembley for the freddie mercury tribute.axl was in a contraversial situation with the whole ''one in a million'' lyrics about ''faggots'' thing and the ''kill your idols'' tshirt yet,they still managed to rock about 200'000 queen fans.axl sang the most inportant line of the most inportant song in the whole queen catalouge (bohemian rhapsody) which he performed down to a t.we will rock you was amazing and knockin on heavens was proberbly my best live version ever.

took the words right outta my mouth.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 12:08:20 AM »

Yeap, thats even better than VR's Live 8 performance.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 12:20:06 AM »

Estranged all the way!!!   Grin

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 05:48:28 AM »

I'm sorry....Estranged is great, but, nothing will beat Slash in "Don't Cry" video.   When he chuckes his guitar over the cliff (only to meet a giant fire) after his fight with his woman.  We've all been there.  I'm out!

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 06:16:14 AM »

Estranged

Fuck 'Em All.
anythinggoes
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 09:58:30 AM »

it is still to come poeple  hihi
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 10:03:58 AM »

Yeap, thats even better than VR's Live 8 performance.
I agree with you, Freddies tribute was a high class show and those were great years for GNR, even though Freddie isnt with us  Cry

No man can be my equal
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

I'm going to have to say mtv awards in 88 when they played jungle.... that my friends was fucking outstanding. Axl performed like a man hungry for something great.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
elmir
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 11:33:58 AM »

I felt goose bumps on my skin when I heard Jungle in RIR 3.
It felt like a great comeback, the opening scream, and the mass of crowd going nuts over it.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 12:26:02 PM »

I'm going to have to say mtv awards in 88 when they played jungle.... that my friends was fucking outstanding. Axl performed like a man hungry for something great.
Good choice. No band will ever have the intensity that GNR had at that time. I would have to pick their performance at Farm Aid. What was supposed to be an event for charity and a good cause ended up being overshadowed by GNR, and the majority of the crowd was there to see them. I read an interesting newspaper article about that show years ago. If I ever come across it again, I'll post it.

avesia
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 03:44:10 PM »

Not to mention that Axl is a huge Queen fan and Freddy's death affected him a lot
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: