Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  One more "Axl Coment Over Looked" thread
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One more "Axl Coment Over Looked" thread  (Read 2998 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: January 21, 2006, 01:32:16 AM »

"It's a very complex record,"
[Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen

can we end all the Axl is a wanna be rapper, techno,Industrial,Nin, etc wannabe.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:36:43 AM »

Just as soon as he doesn't release another My World. nervous
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 04:00:37 AM »

this is interesting coz all along i was lead to believe that CD was gonna be very industrial,like NIN and ''OH MY GOD''.but the QUEEN comment has chucked all that out the window.if its mixed then we get an album which is industrial but with epic ballads,but will that work?

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 04:09:42 AM »

"It's a very complex record,"
[Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen
Key word there is "some". It can still have a wide range of styles, including techno, industrial,etc. He also said people would like at least a few songs, so its safe to say there will be some experimental stuff on the record.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 05:07:40 AM »

when I hear complex rexcord I automatically think things maybe we aren't use to as gnr fans, or the use of synthetic sounds outside of your regular instruments.. Like when axl mentioned using computers years ago and at the time saying gnr fans weren't ready for that type of sound.. So it can be anything from industrial to techno type music to tons of synths to any kind of computer induced sounds..

It's kind of crazy to sit here and try and guess.. We'll see one day wtf he was talking about..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 05:26:30 AM »

I kinda hope its really varied. Its taken him long enough to make it therefore I'd like to think its gonna take a while for me to digest and really enjoy iy

I hate cds that you really like on first listen and then after the third your bored

Here today...ready to rock
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 06:16:04 AM »

Well it won't be all new stuff to Guns fans as he did say there would be some rockers on the new album.
Nevesis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 07:39:53 AM »

Due to the queen part of the comment, I'm thinking both more guitar and vocal harmonies, after all axl is a thin lizzy fan peace
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 07:43:55 AM »

well i don`t now much of the music queen did so i`d really like to know what "kind of like queen" arrangements are.....  i was a bit surprised that he mentioned queen in the interview. from what we`ve heard i thought it would be more like zeppelin.... perhaps both is possible...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 11:04:43 AM »

I think that axl have worked with Brian May right?, so maybe he was some sort of influence of him doing some arragement in songs, either production or musicly talking, if is musicly I think the aproach could be some Innuendo stile or some The game stilecause I think it fits more in a GNR perspective.
If anyone feels I talked shit feel free to correct me  Wink

No man can be my equal
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 12:07:18 PM »

well i don`t now much of the music queen did so i`d really like to know what "kind of like queen" arrangements are.....  i was a bit surprised that he mentioned queen in the interview. from what we`ve heard i thought it would be more like zeppelin.... perhaps both is possible...

Aye.
Actually I don't think the basic tone has changed much.

In 1999 he described the album as a melting pot. He referred to Queen concerning the diversity.

In 2006 he describes it as very complex and different.
It's some of the arrangements that are said to have resemblance to queen and not the whole album. probably we'll see a dramatic/operatic touch of the queen type on some of the songs. I guess the mention was again an example in regard to the variety for which everyone will find "at least a few" their own fav songs there.

Rose: It's a lot of different sounds. There's some other really heavy songs, there's a lot of aggressive songs, but they're all in different styles and different sounds. It is truly a melting pot.
I go back to listening to Queen -- you know, we're still hoping to have Brian May come in and do some tracks, and I got a fax today that he's coming in -- Queen had all kinds of different-style songs on their records, and that's something that I like. 'Cause I do listen to a lot of things, and I really don't like being pigeonholed to that degree, and it's something that Guns N' Roses seem to share [with Queen] a bit. With "Appetite," even though it seems to have the same sound, if you really go back, you can pull all the little parts from different influences. That's not really the case by the time we're on "Use Your Illusion." People are kind of set in their ways. ["Chinese Democracy"] is coming from all over the place.

from A conversation with Kurt Loder 1999
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 12:15:06 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: