Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 11:18:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 media types that don't support/like Axl and GN'R
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 media types that don't support/like Axl and GN'R  (Read 4397 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »

To dislike something/ someone is one thing.
To spread slander irresponsibly is quite another.
Not nice.
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2006, 06:12:30 PM »

Well, things weren't going well at the time for GNR, so you could expect those types of comments from a few people. But you are insinuating that there is a media conspiracy against GNR, and its simply not true. How many times must it be pointed out that the conspiracy never existed? A few reporters being pessimistic about Axl/GNR over the course of 19 years is not the definition of a conspiracy. By the way, you shouldn't have quoted David Aldridge. Those comments sound like they're off the record, and its very unprofessional of you to bring the comments out publicly. As Gomer Pyle would say, "Shame,Shame,Shame, Shame!" rant

Look,who said I was insinuating a media conspiracy??? All I mentioned was 2 guys who came off as jerkoffs and wrote out what they said to me. I didn't say anything about any conspiracy.
 And who gives a fuck if those quoted comments were "off the record"?!?
 He should know that,as a media person,if you open your mouth,what you say might get back to that person you are talking about,whether it's good or bad.
 Not everything discussed is always on camera. He didn't say to me,"Hey fella,this all off the record-ya know,between you and me....." Fuck him. He was honest at the moment and so was I when I wrote it.

And yeah the WMMR DJ is a douchebag but,I felt like telling everyone else,regardless if he as any real power or is listened to.
 He said some comments on air which made me make the phone call in the first place and then we got into it.

? ?MATT

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »

And yeah the WMMR DJ is a douchebag but,I felt like telling everyone else,regardless if he as any real power or is listened to.
 He said some comments on air which made me make the phone call in the first place and then we got into it.

? ?MATT

I say Great Job Matt!  You did what I've wanted to do for awhile.  I live south of you apparently in Delaware.  I never had the balls to call in...I just e-mailed a request for tons of GNR and told them Axl's the best front-man out there.

I did hear Pierre Robere of 93.3 WMMR (Philly) break the news of Axl's latest statement, like most dj's wrong of course, saying Chinese Democracy will come out this year.  He did make the "similar to Queen" reference and said, "It should be interesting."  (and he didn't say it in a sarcastic way, it sounded like genuine curiosity/interest)

Hey Matt, your next task is to talk to management and get the low-down on their threat not to play any new GNR until Axl apologizes for December '02.  Keep up the great work fellow Gunner!!!  I'm looking forward to the next Philly show, holy shit that will be crazy! 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: