Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Old 'Zodiac Mindwarp' Interview
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old 'Zodiac Mindwarp' Interview  (Read 1853 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« on: February 09, 2006, 10:08:24 PM »

As I was glancing through the names of some of the bands who opened for GNR back in the day I came across Zodiac Mindwarp who opened for GNR in 1988 from late april till about mid may.  I decided to read more about them and see if they have any interviews or thoughts on GNR.  I came across an interview that Mark Manning did in 2002 and here is the bit about opening for GNR. 

Shameless, handsome devils on a wild search for kicks, the Love Reaction headed for America, supporting Gunsn?Roses on their endless "Appetite For Destruction" tour. "That was interesting", Mark remembers. "What was that cat?s name?" ?Axl?, I remind him. "Yeah, with the funny little trousers", he laughs. It was widely reported at the time that the two camps did not exactly get along well. "It?s true, we didn?t. I thought they were shit, really. Cobalt kind of liked them, but I thought they were rubbish. Bunch of LA poofters." Zodiac was fond of expressing this opinion on stage at the time. "Well, history proved me right, didn?t it?" Mark rhetorically asks. "He was just a bum from Nowhere, USA, that got lucky somewhere down the line, and he never got over it. Bunch of money, and he didn?t even know how to spend it." Mark seems to know this story well. "It happens sometimes, talent-less people get money. Look at Elton John."

Haha not exactly the nicest words in the world, but oh well.

http://www.sleazegrinder.com/int_zodiacmindwarp.htm
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:22:56 PM »

And who is zodiac mindwarp again? I guess that question just proves who was talentless.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:46:05 PM »

Cool of you to dig that info up, War41. I like seeing some of this obscure stuff from time to time. beer But I agree with Chineseblues. The guy's just another loser thats jealous of Axl.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 02:27:31 AM »

Cool of you to dig that info up, War41. I like seeing some of this obscure stuff from time to time. beer But I agree with Chineseblues. The guy's just another loser thats jealous of Axl.

Better check your rock history James, Mark Manning's one of the most respected guys to come out the? British music scene over the last 20 years.? A noted author as well as musician, his books "Fucked By Rock" and "Collateral Damage" are the best behind the scenes rock books I've ever read.? Both make Motley Crue's "The Dirt" read like a childrens novel.? His written collaborations with Bill Drummond ( ex-KLF) are brilliant.?

His band, Zodiac Mindwarp and The Love Reaction was never a serious venture.? Just something to do for a laugh between writing gigs, a vehicle for him to see the world..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 03:41:32 AM »

I saw GNR back in 88 at I think it was the new ritz, or coulda been beacon theather, I dont fuckin remeber,but they opened for GNR, along with likker dwarves, wonder if they have any input o this.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 03:51:06 AM »

Better check your rock history James, Mark Manning's one of the most respected guys to come out the? British music scene over the last 20 years.? A noted author as well as musician, his books "Fucked By Rock" and "Collateral Damage" are the best behind the scenes rock books I've ever read.? Both make Motley Crue's "The Dirt" read like a childrens novel.? His written collaborations with Bill Drummond ( ex-KLF) are brilliant.?

His band, Zodiac Mindwarp and The Love Reaction was never a serious venture.? Just something to do for a laugh between writing gigs, a vehicle for him to see the world..
I never heard of him. But those books might be interesting. Maybe I'll check them out.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 01:22:36 PM »

"It happens sometimes, talent-less people get money. Look at Elton John."[/i]

What a stupid, jelous guy he is I gotta say

No man can be my equal
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 01:38:19 PM »

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.....but sometimes it's best to  Lips Sealed
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: