Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:48:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lisa Reed comments...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisa Reed comments...  (Read 22373 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: February 17, 2006, 01:45:11 AM »

Lisa Reed wrote these words to the original Dizzy Reed message board with regards to the recent leak;

I just don't understand it. If people claim to love the band and Axl so much why on earth would you do something you know will piss them off? Especially when all signs point to it getting closer and closer. It's like shaking all your christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are. No suprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to come out. but BE PATIENT!

The original leaker has also stated he will not be leaking any more GN'R material.

The Reeds have been good to us at Splat and I respect their words. Dizzy has been respectful to Axl for many years and is a beacon to all human beings and to all fans. His loyalty has mirrored our own so we should respect the way of the Reed.

At Splat, we are/have been aware that an announcement is due in the next couple of weeks so we urge anyone who is thinking of leakng any more material to at least give GN'R a few weeks to respond in a positive manner before releasing any more material.

The material that has been released already has turned many heads and has tamed many lions. It has been a positive move for GN'R despite their disapproval, but maybe it is a good idea to quit while the iron is hot. In reality, only a minute of a new song has been released, as IRS was available already. Not much harm has been done so lets leave it this way.

Lets move on and see what happens.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 01:48:49 AM »

With all due respect I disagree with her.

People say Axl doesn't owe us anything, and one can argue the flip side of the coin: That we don't owe Axl anything.

If I went to a concert and he does not show up, then "it happens."

If a leak comes online and I listen, or share it with friends "it happens."

No disrespect is meant towards the band by any means. I'm a fan who loves the music any way I can get it.
ihatefuckinguserna
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 01:48:57 AM »

fuck her
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:50:25 AM »

i dont want anymore leaks....i want to hear this album in full studio quality in my room. I wanna be surprised and not know whats coming on this album...so i hope that there arent anymore leaks and that there really is an announcement soon

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 01:50:44 AM »

With all due respect I disagree with her.

People say Axl doesn't owe us anything, and one can argue the flip side of the coin: That we don't owe Axl anything.

If I went to a concert and he does not show up, then "it happens."

If a leak comes online and I listen, or share it with friends "it happens."

No disrespect is meant towards the band by any means. I'm a fan who loves the music any way I can get it.

Good points. I agree... Its been high time the fans start saying "it happens" .. tables always turn.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 01:51:40 AM »

"Be Patient" I've waited a long long time like many of us....

Look, I"m right, I'm just right in saying what i'm going to say.....

Being patient is the last thing I want to hear. It isn't that difficult. Release the album....

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 01:54:22 AM »

yeah, we waited long enough it's time for the fans to release the record!
Elrothiel
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 01:58:10 AM »

It's like shaking all your christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are. No suprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to come out. but BE PATIENT!

That's what *I* was trying to say in that thread started by that guy who was pissed off with Jarmo for deleting the leak links. Only I went a few steps further and ended up yelling at them because they have no respect! Raaa! rant
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 01:58:30 AM »

I respect what she had to say and I want the CD much more then leaked demo songs...so I hope that in this announcement they annouce officially when I can go out and by this damn thing. ? ?But if songs are leaked...we are gonna listen...so I hope Axl gets the album out before all the songs leak.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 02:02:15 AM »

Lisa Reed wrote these words to the original Dizzy Reed message board with regards to the recent leak;

I just don't understand it. If people claim to love the band and Axl so much why on earth would you do something you know will piss them off? Especially when all signs point to it getting closer and closer. It's like shaking all your christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are. No suprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to come out. but BE PATIENT!

I haven't celebrated Christmas in 15 years, and I want a present, damnit!
Elrothiel
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 02:06:33 AM »

Well if you wait a little longer you can celebrate Hanukkah with eight whole DAYS of presents!! ok
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 02:06:58 AM »

I haven't celebrated Christmas in 15 years, and I want a present, damnit!

No shit... if we knew "Christmas" was a couple of weeks away, a lot of us would probably hold off until then. ?Since most of us have been led to believe the album was coming out for many YEARS before this and it hasn't, we'll take any scraps we can get and not feel the least bit bad. ?For all we know, we're going to be waiting another 5 years.
Elrothiel
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 02:08:36 AM »

Shaaaaaadduppah yer mooouuth! hihi

No, seriously. DO NOT SAY THAT!!! *has let hopes get high*
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 02:08:47 AM »

You hit the nail on the head. Perhaps if the band did anything that a normal band would consider basic courtesy; not even releasing an album, nothing more than a simple voluntary contribution of information. Would it be so hard for the guys to update every few days, weeks, months, years with a "recording's been going well recently" or something or "we're not in the studio right now." Maybe then they'd have some sort of "mutual respect" angle they could play.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 02:10:03 AM »

The original leaker has also stated he will not be leaking any more GN'R material.

The Reeds have been good to us at Splat and I respect their words. Dizzy has been respectful to Axl for many years and is a beacon to all human beings and to all fans. His loyalty has mirrored our own so we should respect the way of the Reed.

At Splat, we are/have been aware that an announcement is due in the next couple of weeks so we urge anyone who is thinking of leakng any more material to at least give GN'R a few weeks to respond in a positive manner before releasing any more material.

The material that has been released already has turned many heads and has tamed many lions. It has been a positive move for GN'R despite their disapproval, but maybe it is a good idea to quit while the iron is hot. In reality, only a minute of a new song has been released, as IRS was available already. Not much harm has been done so lets leave it this way.

Lets move on and see what happens.

in other words, someone, somehow, has the goods and the band knows it--sounds like they are trying to spin someone into a cease and desist. ?

Personally, I hope that nothing else leaks, but it seems the whole album may be on the web before it hit's the stores. ?It's a new era in the music industry. ?Most likely the last $10 million investment in an album we'll ever see.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 02:20:01 AM »

I dont think anyone can blame us die-hard fans for downloading some demos from an "Eddie Trunk cd" from 2003...

It will be totally different ballgame if it was the CD album there was leaked to the internet...

If anyone have been patience here, it is us...
RichardNixon
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 02:24:31 AM »

I dont think anyone can blame us die-hard fans for downloading some demos from an "Eddie Trunk cd" from 2003...

It will be totally different ballgame if it was the CD album there was leaked to the internet...

If anyone have been patience here, it is us...

Has it been established that these two songs are from the Trunk cd?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 02:34:33 AM »

The reaction from Lisa and management may have been a bit different if some fans didn't start sending these tracks to various radio stations. I know those people meant well, but I think they crossed the line. It's no longer about a bunch of curious fans who just want to hear new songs by their favorite band. People took it upon theirselves to spread these tracks to various radio stations in the US and elsewhere when these songs clearly were not meant to be played on the radio. I don't blame them for being upset.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 02:37:37 AM »

No... But many people on different boards, say its very likely from that cd...

And I think too... But I/we could be wrong...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 02:42:23 AM »

That's a stupid comment from her, and it makes no sense....she should think twice before she posts anything.

She clearly has no clue what happened on this community over the past two days.

Stupid woman.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: