Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Weiland get kicked out of the band?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Weiland get kicked out of the band?  (Read 18688 times)
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 10:16:31 PM »

Why does everyone always start these dumb threads about Scott?? He's an awsome preformer and a big part of VR.? VR would be nothing without him.? He is probably the 2nd best lead singer in the last 20yrs.?

You got to be kiddin' right ? He's a total disaster onstage, (I've seen them one) and I don't like either his poor lyrics and his live performances. I just love VR music, but it's killing me to hear Scott Weiland sing with them.

He showed up for the gig, didn't he? More than you can say for your buddy Axl. Scott is a very decent live performer and he is great on records. Who do you think should replace him anyway? And don't say Bach, give me someone with credability and a reason why.

I think most people just want VR to break up so Slash, Duff, etc. will come back to GNR.  Tongue
SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 10:10:52 AM »

It's gonna work out....

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 10:30:11 AM »

saw scott twice once in manhattan in the early stages the second in jones beach this past april, the entire band was awesome, scott is super energetic..  Can't wait to see them again ok
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 04:03:22 PM »

There's no law saying that (if it ever were to happen with the SLash/GNR case) that Slash or any other musician couldn't be in more than one band!  That's what alot of musicians do!

There is no reason why Camp freddy,VR, GNR can't co-exist - if that were ever the case. Music doesn't have to be like that.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »

If anyone in VR should leave its Dave. I dont like his playing style its too modern sounding. Bring back the blues Slash .

I do like the Idea of Dave leaving Then Izzy could join ,The way it should have been in the first place ok

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
makane
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 09:37:21 AM »

If anyone in VR should leave its Dave. I dont like his playing style its too modern sounding. Bring back the blues Slash .

I do like the Idea of Dave leaving Then Izzy could join ,The way it should have been in the first place ok
But if Izzy comes they have to kick Weiland out  Smiley

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »

Yeah, I know he dosn't like to work with a simger after his experiences with Axl

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 01:13:22 PM »

I'd rather have Izzy vocals then Scott, or Axl. I prefer his type of voice, the laidback coolness alot more. And his lyrics too.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »

When will people learn that you know nothing about the band. Just cos one member has said something doesnt mean that another member will be kicked out, its a fuckin joke. Weiland has a great voice and amazing presence live wether you like his style or not and sometimes its just best to leave it at that. Not being funny, im a huge axl/gn'r fan aswell as vr. But axl is actually terrible now, a great shame but he is awful. I hope he pulls through with CD. I like both of em, just cos slash and duff has played with both doesnt mean you can only like one of the frontmen. Nor does it mean shit threads like this have to be made.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »

I think Dave is fine for teh band.. Izzy is great and all but this is VR not GnR.....

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 10:08:53 PM »

First off, Scott didn't say any of that shit! It was Matt! So we don't know who's idea it is to work with Pharell and make 'danceable' music, it could've be Slash's.

As for those saying Scott should leave VR, I agree. He should leave and go back to STP, his vocal talents are being wasted on the extremely generic music put forward by the rest of VR.  'Come on Come In' was nothing new at all and most of CB sounds waaay to samey with the obvious exception of the 3 slower songs.

Listen to Stone Temple Pilots and how they evolved from album to album.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 04:53:45 AM »

I think Dave is fine for teh band.. Izzy is great and all but this is VR not GnR.....

I'm not prefering Izzy cause it will sound "more GN'R" then, but the quailty of the music would improve big time. Late 2001 an album was recorded by Izzy/Slash/Duff/Taz and Slash said that people shouldn't expect it to sound like GN'R cause it's not in that style. He said the songs where not heavy arrangement-duty type just simple cool ideas. And the songs sounded laidback and had a sense of humor about them, he said it sounded like Izzy and Slash/Izzy.

That's what I want to hear, not GN'R Smiley
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

Mhhhh Now I want some VR news , Matt is a guy who likes to talk about everything and nothing , i think that it's not like Slash who don't talk as much as him , Matt's info aren't so important , IMO.
I think that we just have to wait for some real Info ok
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 09:01:49 PM »

Mhhhh Now I want some VR news , Matt is a guy who likes to talk about everything and nothing , i think that it's not like Slash who don't talk as much as him , Matt's info aren't so important , IMO.

I am getting hungry for some VR news myself....... I wouldn't mind a movie soundtrack tune or something..

Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 03:32:40 AM »

I wish they Were Playing download this year But Alas No,Especially no now that GN'R are playing there Angry hihi

badapple81
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 04:25:42 AM »

Contraband was something new at the time but I never listen to it now, I hope they are creative enough on the second album for it to be a little different and interesting, otherwise I won't really be into it. Another Contraband won't really do it, especially with quite a few fillers it had.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 05:08:09 AM »

Contraband was something new at the time but I never listen to it now, I hope they are creative enough on the second album for it to be a little different and interesting, otherwise I won't really be into it. Another Contraband won't really do it, especially with quite a few fillers it had.

I really don't think there was much filler on there.. I mean. I would consider DIFTK and Spectacle filler... But some people like those song sthe best... Those two songs and FTP are the low point of Contraband for me... But I definately wouldn't call FTP filler either.. I just don't like those type of songs.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 05:14:17 AM »

I love the album and still listen to it alot while drivng, I think there are some excellent songs instrumentally that have kick to it.. I really am not into vr lyrically, but many songs I love in general are more about the vibe n flow then the words themselves if that makes sence.. Kind of the way metallica or ac/dc or maiden works for me, just love the playing.. ok

Songs like illegal I, or spectacle, or dlt or slither have cool openings and are pretty damn kicking drum/guitar wise.. To me they are packed with what I feel rock is..

I don't mind if people don't prefer vr, or scott or contraband, can't satisfy everyone..

I honestly feel if we all as people gave music in general (all kinds) the time and attention we give the new gnr tunes we would broaden our musical interest/likes..  Cause I myself gave the three new gnr tunes at least 50 listens each and certain songs took (like twat) about 6 to 10 listens to really soak em in..
badapple81
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 06:40:35 AM »

I really don't think there was much filler on there.. I mean. I would consider DIFTK and Spectacle filler... But some people like those song sthe best... Those two songs and FTP are the low point of Contraband for me... But I definately wouldn't call FTP filler either.. I just don't like those type of songs.

Wow DIFTK is one of my faves from the album, I love the tempo of the song. Guess what's a filler to one may be somebody elses fave and I guess that's a good thing cos there is something for everyone and you shouldn't expect to love every song  Smiley
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

I didn't think there was any filler on Contraband. Maybe some lacking songs, but no filler.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: