Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Notice the reactions.....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Notice the reactions.....  (Read 8779 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: February 19, 2006, 04:26:47 PM »

Going into this album we all know what the 2 standard complaints our dear friends would all be saying...
1} 10 yrs 13 mill for this?
2} It doesnt sound like old GNR, wheres Slash?

that pretty much are the 2 standard complaints....

Pretty much every complaint ive read on this board, other gnr boards and music boards in general all have to do with Question #1.

I dont here much of this isnt old gnr wheres slash like I heard with the 2002 new songs....

and to me thats very interesting. Because to me it shows that Axl managed to keep that GNr sound.
No tophat lover can argue that the solos in Twat and IRS and the songs arent up to gnr standards.

The music is doing the talking and its slowly squashing the whining.....13 mil 10 yrs...cant argue...its a fact...how does it translate to music though? u cant say either way

money cant buy happiness...and it cant buy music....

u cant have ur cake and eat it too....goin in many have said just because its 10 yrs and 13 mill doesnt mean it will be great...now there saying well of cours eits good...13 mil and 10 yrs how cant it be? .....stupid twats....

but atleast there not saying wheres Slash Grin

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 04:31:37 PM »

I think all of the years working on this album are people wandering if it was worth it is gonna be the biggest hurdle that Axl faces.  You've got albums by guys like Muse and Peter Gabriel who always put out quality product who maybe work on their albums for a year.  Then you've got Axl who has worked for close to 10 years on his stuff.  I think that over time CD will be labeled a masterpiece once people have had a few years to digest the album.  But I think that when this album first comes out, it will be hit with alot of negativity as well as praise.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »

i suppose there`re people who simply don`t like it, too....

but i agree. those points that should not count, count way too much for some people....  the question what they expected is good, too...... 

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BrokenGlass
Headliner

Gonna call...

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »

The people who don't like simply because they don't like Axl are the ones who really piss me off though.

"That was called 'Fucking off.' ...in G."
lastroots
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 04:38:45 PM »

I noticed that, too.

And I think it has a simple reasoN: These songs are great!

You know, I was never among the persons who wanted Slash back. Slash had his time, his contributions were amazing and I will always love them. But it's another time now and I don't think that Slash could live up to it anymore.

The new songs are not what I expected, but I say that in a positive way. While listening to them all the time I know that all the waiting - yet sometimes full with frustration - was absolutely worth it. Listen to it. This is not a "GN'R cover band" like all the haters love to say. This actually IS GN'R! And I have a feeling that certain people are starting to realize that.

/lastroots
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »

You're EXACTLY right. I hadn't noticed that. But yeah, no one is arguing that this doesn't sound like modern Guns...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »

Great post Younggunner. ?Remember those folks who said it would be an Industrial/Goth/cough-HIP HOP-cough new sound! ? rofl ?

Where the fuck are they now. ?Sweeeet vindication. ?My brother-in-law was just at a Motley Crue concert last night...I sent him the new stuff today, and he's goin' ape-shit!! ?"Fuckin' unbelievable," is the direct quote. ?Yeah, a casual Guns fan is floored. ?...and to think, we have yet to hear a studio-version of The Blues and Madagascar. ?

I'm sorry folks, but this is SOOO surpassing my expectations, and those who I have played it for as well. ?I was playing I.R.S. on a computer in the hospital at work today...needless to say, the intrigue on the nurses' faces was amazing. ?It's like watching people hear someone come back from the grave. ?Amazing. ? ok ?

But, yeah, you'll get the negative shit from folks who hear 25 seconds of Better and want AFD Part 2, 3, and 4, so they turn it off. ?It's all good...who gives a shit what people think. ?We've got a potential masterpiece on our hands! ? drool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Megaguns
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 04:45:43 PM »

guns identity was changed the second slash left, you could still have duff and matt & dare i say izzy there now and it wouldnt sound like gunners. VR sounds like guns more than guns but its good to see GnR evolve into something modern. If they were still togethor now in their original form, i think their sound would have gone stale long ago.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 05:00:39 PM »

Great post Younggunner.  Remember those folks who said it would be an Industrial/Goth/cough-HIP HOP-cough new sound!   rofl 

Where the fuck are they now.  Sweeeet vindication.  My brother-in-law was just at a Motley Crue concert last night...I sent him the new stuff today, and he's goin' ape-shit!!  "Fuckin' unbelievable," is the direct quote.  Yeah, a casual Guns fan is floored.  ...and to think, we have yet to hear a studio-version of The Blues and Madagascar. 

I'm sorry folks, but this is SOOO surpassing my expectations, and those who I have played it for as well.  I was playing I.R.S. on a computer in the hospital at work today...needless to say, the intrigue on the nurses' faces was amazing.  It's like watching people hear someone come back from the grave.  Amazing.   ok   

But, yeah, you'll get the negative shit from folks who hear 25 seconds of Better and want AFD Part 2, 3, and 4, so they turn it off.  It's all good...who gives a shit what people think.  We've got a potential masterpiece on our hands!   drool

well those folks weren`t that wrong about the industrial/hip hop thing.... CD will be a melting pod. and remember oh my god...

but you`re right....  the rumours about axl recording a techno album for example are more than ridiculous hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 05:06:37 PM »

Great post Younggunner.? Remember those folks who said it would be an Industrial/Goth/cough-HIP HOP-cough new sound!? ?rofl?

Where the fuck are they now.? Sweeeet vindication.? My brother-in-law was just at a Motley Crue concert last night...I sent him the new stuff today, and he's goin' ape-shit!!? "Fuckin' unbelievable," is the direct quote.? Yeah, a casual Guns fan is floored.? ...and to think, we have yet to hear a studio-version of The Blues and Madagascar.?

I'm sorry folks, but this is SOOO surpassing my expectations, and those who I have played it for as well.? I was playing I.R.S. on a computer in the hospital at work today...needless to say, the intrigue on the nurses' faces was amazing.? It's like watching people hear someone come back from the grave.? Amazing.? ?ok? ?

But, yeah, you'll get the negative shit from folks who hear 25 seconds of Better and want AFD Part 2, 3, and 4, so they turn it off.? It's all good...who gives a shit what people think.? We've got a potential masterpiece on our hands!? ?drool

well those folks weren`t that wrong about the industrial/hip hop thing.... CD will be a melting pod. and remember oh my god...

but you`re right....? the rumours about axl recording a techno album for example are more than ridiculous hihi

I never expected to be hearing techo, shaq songs anyways. I was a bit worried when I heard silkworms but axl covered his ass on that one saying Dizzy wrote it.  hihi

CD is gonna be great!  beer

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
rainX
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 05:35:21 PM »

Where was all this new band love before the leaks?  Wink
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 05:38:26 PM »

Going into this album we all know what the 2 standard complaints our dear friends would all be saying...

Pretty much every complaint ive read on this board, other gnr boards and music boards in general all have to do with Question #1.

I dont here much of this isnt old gnr wheres slash like I heard with the 2002 new songs....

and to me thats very interesting. Because to me it shows that Axl managed to keep that GNr sound.
No tophat lover can argue that the solos in Twat and IRS and the songs arent up to gnr standards.

The music is doing the talking and its slowly squashing the whining.....13 mil 10 yrs...cant argue...its a fact...how does it translate to music though? u cant say either way

u cant have ur cake and eat it too....goin in many have said just because its 10 yrs and 13 mill doesnt mean it will be great...now there saying well of cours eits good...13 mil and 10 yrs how cant it be? .....stupid twats....

People will start missing Slash when fiNck is fucking up solo's & prancing around like a ferry should this hired group of musicians play live again.  peace

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »

Where was all this new band love before the leaks?? Wink

good question. You can devide the true fans from the seizing oppertunists due bad times

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 06:06:55 PM »

no doubt the music is really good, but I also personally feel the longer there's no music or word from gnr so to speak that the more these boards are just people into axl in general over anything from the past.. So as time goes by the less you will see people from their late 20's on who would be missing the old band the most.. Being you know have forums geared towards gnr in general it's a mostly new gnr crowd so there would be no desire for the past.. of course the music has changed a few opnions as well.. ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »

Younggunner, don't you think maybe part of the reason bucket left was that his playing was somewhat limited because he had to emulate a Slash sound?  I agree that the guitars sound like old GNR at times, that is because Axl was well aware of that sound and instructed these guys to play like that.  That means to me, it is just an Axl show.  That is really not bucket's style.  Bucket can play anything.  THat is what makes him a Virtuoso, but, having guys copy Slash's style and you saying, "See, nobody is saying where is Slash is kind of hypocritical."  Had Fink and Bucket played just what they wanted, you would be dissappointed.  Axl is doing his best to satisfy those that thirst for the old band.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 06:30:36 PM »

well I like TWAT and Better, show potential for great songs there for sure (drop IRS)

But I cant help thinking how great these songs would sound with Slash, Duff and Izzy - its natural

So CD is going to be bittersweet for me - exciting hearing some good music from Axl, a little sad that he's finally gone through and released an album entitled Gn'R without those integral parts

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 06:47:26 PM »

After hearing these leaks (especially Better)... I'm not worried about the dissenters anymore... if nothing else.... the media is going to pick up this album by the scruff of its neck and carry it to the finish line... no way this album won't be HUGE... the music industry NEEDS this album... there hasn't been  anything interesting or controversial to write about or cover for years... Eminem is getting all domesticated... Madonna is toast.... Britney Spears and Michael Jackson are jokes... Cold Play is a nice band, but they aren't lightning rods for attention the way GN'R are.... Green Day and U2 have had their run.... this is going to be HUGE and the dissenters will be crushed in the road...

Even Slash is on board for christ's sakes (probably because he wants the back catalog to sell well as a result).....

As far as the actual complaints themselves.... they don't necessarily "sound" like GN'R- but the GN'R spirit is there if people bother to give the tracks multiple listenings... I know it's a cover- but I get a similar vibe from TWAT in some ways that I did from Sympathy for the Devil- and that was the last recorded track of the "old" band...

And the 13 years for this stuff? That's just a convenient cop out for the blind Axl bashers out there... we all know what they have been saying all along b/c we've had to deal with it... namely, "Axl Rose is a washed up has-been who should go blow Bon Jovi- he'll never record another song worth a damn without Slash and Izzy..." And now that he has.... they're trying to change the ground rules... "It's good... but 13 years?". Fvck 'em. Can't take people like that seriously....

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »

Slash this,Slash that,fuck him man.
Honestly I live VR,and the man is one great guitar player,but he's not in the band. End of fucking story.
Axl can go on without those guys,as these demos have proven.
We shouldn't even mention those guys names in Guns threads anymore.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Elrothiel
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 06:59:36 PM »

Where was all this new band love before the leaks? Wink

I was ALWAYS stickin' up for Axl and Gn'R, saying that I KNEW CD would be great. And I always defend him to the MAX when people insult him. I HATE people who insult him.
One time at college last year, someone really insulted him to my face, so I kicked him square in the nutz. He was so not expecting it, and it so taught him a lesson. He never insulted Axl again, and always looked down at my feet whenever he talked to me to check what shoes I was wearing...

Well, that should teach you, you silly emokid! No one insults Axl/Gn'R to me or in front of me and gets away with it. beer
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 07:07:55 PM »

One time at college last year, someone really insulted him to my face, so I kicked him square in the nutz.

Now that is a hardcore fan!

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: