Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 08:33:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  my lord...Axl makes Scott look...simple.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: my lord...Axl makes Scott look...simple.  (Read 15665 times)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 07:15:07 PM »

mtv loves axl rose and gnr, so the youth are going to know whats going on too...

I don't think MTV loves anybody these days...except cheesy reality shows  Roll Eyes 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 07:25:59 PM »

mtv loves axl rose and gnr, so the youth are going to know whats going on too...

I don't think MTV loves anybody these days...except cheesy reality shows? Roll Eyes?

axl isn't going to be on TRL Cheesy
kenny_yayo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 07:37:49 PM »

wet my bed?
Yea thats it.It was playin when i read this thread i was a lil twisted dunno why i posted it.I agree Scot has nothing on AXL but STP has some good records.VR is not bad but to me it doesnt measure up to STP or GnR.I like all three theres too much comparing all these guys just enjoy the music on its on merits.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 08:52:35 PM »

Yea thats it.It was playin when i read this thread i was a lil twisted dunno why i posted it.I agree Scot has nothing on AXL but STP has some good records.VR is not bad but to me it doesnt measure up to STP or GnR.I like all three theres too much comparing all these guys just enjoy the music on its on merits.

I couldn't agree more, I really can't understand why people always feel the need to bash some other band just because they think their favourite band is better Roll Eyes....Just enjoy the music people there's no need to talk trash about other bands you don't like no
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »

would u guys stop, their both good. end of story.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 12:42:36 AM »

people fair to realize VR spent very little time on Contraband. I'm sure given 13yrs Scott could come up with some pretty incredible lyrics too
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 11:18:42 AM »

how come nobody is on hear trashing the guitar parts of the new GnR which seem even more simple than Scott's lyrics
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 11:32:23 AM »

Because most people on here don't feel the need to trash "new gnr", It's mostly the axl fanatics who are doing all the bashing and trashing over here..... Roll Eyes
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »

non GnR Die hards aren't as enthusiastic about the new material Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 11:40:52 AM »

how come nobody is on hear trashing the guitar parts of the new GnR which seem even more simple than Scott's lyrics

for me I am a gnr fan first as in the afd past gnr I knew which attracted me to the new guns and of course axl.. I have no need to bash either, but I do give my opinions... VR to me was a real added bonus, love the albvum and they are awesome live.. I think contraband is superior musically but not lyrically..

I don't mind someone not liking vr or scott (can't help who they chose to sing) if it was bach you'd hear shit, or even josh todd, someone would always complain..

What pisses me off was how eevryone knocked their #1 debut saying the competition sucked, or their grammy was weak ,or slither n fall to pieces sucked and their mainstream or modern rock number one singles weren't real top single./... ?The songs were radio friendly, safe notthing new etc... But those same people are instantly saying "better" is radio friendly and will do well in those two categories I mentioned but for different reasons... WHen vr does a song that does well, it's called safe or something like that, if it's new gnr axl it
's because it's good.. ?

if it's greenday it's safe if it's nickleback it's crap, if it's axl it's because it's inovative it's ground breaking etc... ?just a little bit of double standards floating around here..

So know if cd is number one the competition won't matter, if their single hit's number one it's Ok, if they win agrammy it's well deserved, if the song is requested it is great.. ?

Oh lets not forget how anyone that bought two album of vr was bashed, yet how many are going to buy more then that from CD???

Cd's demos take multiplelistens to get the full feel, but if it's vr you are forcing yourself to like it.. it should only take one listen with vr songs..

Saying it sounds better on headphones is wrong when it's vr, but with new gnr it's cool to enhance the listening...

I agree with all that, just eevryone should play both sides of the field.. ok
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »

Hey everybody, where did Mary go?
Where did Mary go?
And where's my only cigarette?

Please speak for me I can't bear to. ok

DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 06:36:43 PM »

dude, i like VR too....i think we all know deep down, even the members of VR, that scott...kinda....sucks....

i think we all know deep down, you are..p00ping gay
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 07:35:08 PM »

Again this thread is a matter of opinion, but in mine, its only music anyway, something superfitial...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 08:37:35 PM »

dude, i like VR too....i think we all know deep down, even the members of VR, that scott...kinda....sucks....

i think we all know deep down, you are..p00ping gay

That'll be enough of that, you know the rules.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 04:46:45 AM »

.VR is not bad but to me it doesnt measure up to STP or GnR.
Thats why I cant hardly get into VR. I only like 2 of their songs. When you look at each member's resume, combined they should have made something spectacular. They didn't. But I have high hopes for their next album. At some point, they are sure to strike gold. It will kick ass when they do.

SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2006, 10:09:56 AM »

Thanks for pointing that out to the VR fans here, we are all the better for having heard that Roll Eyes

Bull! Scott makes axl look like an idiot!!!

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2006, 02:55:16 PM »

I'll pick 2002 Botaxl to 2005 Weiland.

Whaxl shows up on MTV in full wigger mode. Making himself the laughingstock of the musical world for running out of breath & sounding like shit. Then attempts to tour, only to cancel it because hardly anyone bought tickets. In the shows he made it to, I thought he sounded like a fat 13 year old boy singing. He also obviously was pumped full of botox & had perhaps the worst hairdo ever sported by a 40 year old male. ?hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

A 2005 version of Scott Weiland successfully tours the world, plays with numerous other well resected artists, makes an interesting solo appearence, wins a grammy, sells shitloads of records, sounds better than ever in concert & most importantly, never once comes off as an over the hill hasbeen.

You gotta quit living in 1988 & realize the joke that you are taking seriously.

You do know gnr 2002 sold more tix per venue than VR did right?

Also, IRS was getting more hype than VR ever did and IRS was just a demo. IRS got tons of requests and on that MN station got the most votes ever for their cage match again just for a demo.

As for the way Axl dresses vs scott, Axl may dress like a Wigger as you say but Scott dresses like he is gay.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 02:57:20 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2006, 03:13:59 PM »

Also, IRS was getting more hype than VR ever did and IRS was just a demo. IRS got tons of requests and on that MN station got the most votes ever for their cage match again just for a demo.

In all fairness, were GNR to have toured in 2002 under any other name but Guns N' Roses, they would have never sold half the tickets they did.

Were IRS to be leaked as an "Axl Rose solo project" or new band name it wouldn't be generating nearly the hype it is.

You continue to make these arguments without taking into account the magnitude of the Guns N' Roses brand name. 

So you're comparing Apples to Oranges as it is much easier starting a new band using an established brand name than it is a brand new entity. The GNR brand has been in the public awareness for 20 years now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they should exceed VR in every objective category.
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2006, 03:28:30 PM »

That's only based on 2 reasons and you know it,

1. The name

2. 13 years of not preforming/releasing.

It's as simple as that, If S & D would? have kept the name and took 10 f*cking years(and counting) to release an album they would have sold more tickets and they would have gotten more "hype". Axl rose without the guns name wouldn't be asked to headline rock in rio Roll Eyes
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »

I'll pick 2002 Botaxl to 2005 Weiland.

Whaxl shows up on MTV in full wigger mode. Making himself the laughingstock of the musical world for running out of breath & sounding like shit. Then attempts to tour, only to cancel it because hardly anyone bought tickets. In the shows he made it to, I thought he sounded like a fat 13 year old boy singing. He also obviously was pumped full of botox & had perhaps the worst hairdo ever sported by a 40 year old male. ?hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

A 2005 version of Scott Weiland successfully tours the world, plays with numerous other well resected artists, makes an interesting solo appearence, wins a grammy, sells shitloads of records, sounds better than ever in concert & most importantly, never once comes off as an over the hill hasbeen.

You gotta quit living in 1988 & realize the joke that you are taking seriously.

As for the way Axl dresses vs scott, Axl may dress like a Wigger as you say but Scott dresses like he is gay.

He would have never sold that many tickets if he went out as Axl or under a new band name.. He sold the tickets using the Guns N'Roses name and playing Guns N' Roses songs.

I haven't come accross anyone that has liked the song.  If it won some cage match it is from people all over the internet voting. It was probably posted on every GnR message board out there.

Scott dresses different all the time.  Do you have your gaydar on? Axl has never dressed gay though. With those queer biker shorts, that feather boa thing, Chaps and a jock strap, fishnet shirts, half shirts tied up on the side.....

Why do you guys have to come here and start shit with dumb ass immature posts like this?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: