Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  my lord...Axl makes Scott look...simple.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: my lord...Axl makes Scott look...simple.  (Read 15631 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 05:30:05 PM »

Settle down kids, this is reaching Dead Horse territory...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 05:42:57 PM »

The way some people have their heads up Axl's ass you'd think he invented music, along with the sun and stars.....

And the only people who like the new stuff are die-hards that post on a GnR Board.....

Everyone i sent it to that were not die-hards thought it sucked to be honest and would never come close to the original line-up the songs played were  (IRS / Madagascar / The Blues / Better)...it's funny The Blues got the worst reaction

Of course, I went to one VR show with my brother-in-law before the album came out; and another show after the album came out with a different  friend who thought/thinks Scott is gay.  Both thought the band was incredible live and sounded great.
Sam
Headliner

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed"

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 08:51:53 PM »

I like a few VR songs, but Axl will go down in history as a legendary singer and front man. Scott will not.

"Tell me what you're gonna believe"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2006, 03:08:30 AM »

You do know gnr 2002 sold more tix per venue than VR did right?

Also, IRS was getting more hype than VR ever did and IRS was just a demo. IRS got tons of requests and on that MN station got the most votes ever for their cage match again just for a demo.

That's only based on 2 reasons and you know it,

1. The name

2. 13 years of not preforming/releasing.

It's as simple as that, If S & D would? have kept the name and took 10 f*cking years(and counting) to release an album they would have sold more tickets and they would have gotten more "hype". Axl rose without the guns name wouldn't be asked to headline rock in rio Roll Eyes

You and the others can claim what you want but it does not change the facts.
You also fail to mention every time Slash and Duff are mentioned they always have the tag attached to them formerly of guns n roses. Oh but I guess that is ok right? The fact is the leaked tracks have gotten more request, hype and press than anything VR have done. Just wait until the album actually comes out and they have a first real single.
The problem with people like you, tomass and the rest is this. No matter what Axl does he is in a no win situation. If Axl goes on to sell 5 million albums of CD you will claim oh its just because it has the guns n roses name and not because its good or people like it. And if Axl only sells a few million you will bash him too. So it really doesn?t matter how well Axl does people like you will always just claim its because he is using the gnr name and if he wasn?t he would not get half the hype or sales that he would under Axl Rose solo band.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »

The fact is the leaked tracks have gotten more request, hype and press than anything VR have done.

There is no convincing you is there? Roll Eyes, you're sounding a bit like a broken record.

The problem with people like you,

Since when is being a realist a problem?

And if Axl only sells a few million you will bash him too.

I'm not bashing anyone here, I'm just stating the obvious, does roger waters sell the same amount of Albums as he would under the pink floyd name?

Dave don't get me wrong I'm not here to see Axl fail. I want him to succeed, I just don't think you can compare a band wich has started from Scratch to a band wich still has a legendary status just because of the name. I would've Respected axl alot more if he had just ditched the name and also went solo yes

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »

dave no one from guns n roses can be in guns n roses and the name alone would produce tons of hype

It's not about the quality of new gnr's material, it's the idea it is material under the gnr name..

You can talk about all the hype in the world about irs, but it's all from people on the net calling phone numbers and emailing the links, it has nothing to do with the song's quality or if it's good or not, it's just crazy fans from message boards driving radio stations up the wall

These topics subjects are truly dead horse... Some genius had to create this one because he heard a few demos and thinks the world is going to change direction

Naupis said it all, that should be posted anytime people start thinking new gnr is getting this attention for it's talent over it's glorious history/name
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2006, 01:15:36 PM »

if you were stranded in a desert, with no water, and someone gave you ass dirty water, you'd think it was the best water of your life.....

similar to the first new music by GnR in 15 years

Oh, where did GnR get their following from anyway?
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2006, 12:02:45 PM »

I'll pick 2002 Botaxl to 2005 Weiland.

Whaxl shows up on MTV in full wigger mode. Making himself the laughingstock of the musical world for running out of breath & sounding like shit. Then attempts to tour, only to cancel it because hardly anyone bought tickets. In the shows he made it to, I thought he sounded like a fat 13 year old boy singing. He also obviously was pumped full of botox & had perhaps the worst hairdo ever sported by a 40 year old male. ?hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

A 2005 version of Scott Weiland successfully tours the world, plays with numerous other well resected artists, makes an interesting solo appearence, wins a grammy, sells shitloads of records, sounds better than ever in concert & most importantly, never once comes off as an over the hill hasbeen.

You gotta quit living in 1988 & realize the joke that you are taking seriously.
this is fucking funny.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2006, 12:05:32 PM »

not to bash scott, i used to like stp alot, and i like VR b/c of the GnR boys.....but holy shite, axl just dwarfs scott in any and every category possible....i mean lyric-wise, its a joke....axl is a genius and scott is a schoolboy.

again, nothing against scott, but axl rose still rules this world. when cd drops, its going to explode......n dont forget, mtv loves axl rose and gnr, so the youth are going to know whats going on too...

Dont say "drops". It makes you sound like some fucking wannabe thug. Hooray for being a part of a dumbed down society.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »

Dont say "drops". It makes you sound like some fucking wannabe thug. Hooray for being a part of a dumbed down society.

You're retatrded. To drop an album has been a term used long before hip hop hijacked America's culture. So hooray to you for being part of HTGTH's idiot clan.  peace

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2006, 06:08:49 PM »

I like a few VR songs, but Axl will go down in history as a legendary singer and front man. Scott will not.

if Axl wasn't such a headcase/basketcase/sometime asshole; he would have gone down as the best of all time

as it is, top20
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2006, 06:19:10 PM »

Axl does write incredible lyrics and will give him the egde over Scott in the aspect;

but as for live stage presence, live voice, performance, showmanshi, etc......Scott buries Axl

Scott actually looks like a rock star still, Axl use to

And if any of you who saw the 2002 GnR tour and thought that band looked like they had stage presence; you don't know what the concept is, b/c again, VR buries them.......

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2006, 06:21:52 PM »

I don't know why so many people bash scott anyways, I mean I know stp wasn't a crossover in europe but they were amazing in the states, core purple were great albums.. They are in the top 100 bands of all time.. Scott does write some great songs, he did awesome songs with stp.. he's a true talent and has such stage presence... I have seen them twice along with new guns once...
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2006, 04:29:54 AM »

You're retatrded. To drop an album has been a term used long before hip hop hijacked America's culture. So hooray to you for being part of HTGTH's idiot clan.? peace

You wanna re-read what you just wrote? Or do I need to point out the obvious. Who was using the term "drops" before? Because its a fucking ebonics term. Kinda like Jive slang.
88 Days
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2006, 12:11:14 PM »

don't even make a comparison, don't even mention them in the same sentance.
scott who? hihi
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2006, 01:07:52 PM »

don't even make a comparison, don't even mention them in the same sentance.
scott who? hihi

You're quite the little buttkisser aren't you? Roll Eyes
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »

You do know gnr 2002 sold more tix per venue than VR did right?? no actually it didn't.  The fact is, the first few legs of VR's tour were in smaller 1500-2000 people venues which all sold out in less than minutes time.  When they went to arena's, the major cities sold-out or came close to selling out, as did Gnrs.  Did you forget GnR's promoter's pulled the plug on it, Clearchanel.  VR toured 18 solid months, to rave reviews.

Also, IRS was getting more hype than VR ever did and IRS was just a demo. IRS got tons of requests and on that MN station got the most votes ever for their cage match again just for a demo.
? You do realize IRS is the 1st new material of GnR that's been heard in seven years.? From the time Scott signed with VR, they got Contraband out, it debuted at#1,? and started a tour, all in less than a year.? Bye the way, IRS is only getting hype in the boards and small GnR fanbase.? Since it was leaked, I NEVER heard it on my local rock station that I listen at work for 10 hours a day.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:24:35 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2006, 06:44:26 PM »

I love Velvet Revolver, Contraband is one of my fav albums ever BUT I do agree this new stuff Ive heard from Axl is just entirely on a whole different level than anything on CB.

that isnt taking anything away from CB cause its still great stuff but Axl is just on a totally different level.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2006, 06:55:59 PM »

Believe it or not, Scott already started to make a name for himself before VR and the Axl comparisons, in another band you might've heard of - Stone Temple Pilots. Roll Eyes

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2006, 07:01:43 PM »

I love Velvet Revolver, Contraband is one of my fav albums ever BUT I do agree this new stuff Ive heard from Axl is just entirely on a whole different level than anything on CB.

that isnt taking anything away from CB cause its still great stuff but Axl is just on a totally different level.

At the point of newer gnr if I want to hear really good ballads I will go with them, but if I want hard fist pounding rock with lots of thrust behind it to rock out I will listen to vr..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: