Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 01:50:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  what if slash pulled a santana working with the younger singers
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what if slash pulled a santana working with the younger singers  (Read 9577 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: February 22, 2006, 06:27:55 AM »

you know something like supernatural, or more recent kind of like santana with steven tyler , I know that isn't youth but it's different.. I love that song by the way.. I know slash could pull it off because his work can be diverse and he sems to cross music genres... Once you do that mega massive band like gnr you don't have to stay within one area again.. You can branch out so to speak.... I think it would be cool having him doing all guitar work behind a slew of different types of singers.. Your thought as a one time thing?
avesia
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 06:33:46 AM »

a one time thing it's ok...I guess...Slash has worked with different people before...so this is not completely new for him...
But he'd better go back to VR after that...or gnr? Grin
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 08:15:15 AM »

When Snakepit2 broke up, I thought Slash should have done a Santana-type album. And I still think it's a good idea.  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 08:19:27 AM »

mmm, I would like another Slash solo album, but maybe not Snakepit, only Slash's. The guy is extremely talented, and he is not showing us what he's got in VR, even though I love that band.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 08:24:07 AM by ?Carlos - GMS! » Logged
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 08:20:38 AM »

I think he was planning to do some kind of album like that a while before VR started to happen, am I wrong?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 10:08:17 AM »

Angry No he shouldn't work with poptarts.... He should just stay where he is!

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 04:35:52 PM »

I think he was planning to do some kind of album like that a while before VR started to happen, am I wrong?

Yeah he had been planning that before VR.... I think it would be awesome. Not a pop album liek Santana but just all different people.. I am sure he would pick some weirdos though.. It would be cool if the whole thing was rockin though. Hmmmmm, how about..

Steven Tyler
Ozzy
Izzy
Ian Astbury
Mick Jagger
Robert Plant
Kid Rock
DMX

My Brain isn't working well right now, but that would be an interesting start.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »

Yep, I remember reading that too, he was going to make a really diverse album too, with lots of different styles and influences. Shame we never got to hear that.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 06:15:34 PM »

yep you're right too bad it never happend, I think slash should just release a best of disk 'cause he has already worked with so many artists; Lenny kravitz, MJ, Iggy pop, Spinal tap, even some work with bob dylan, the list just goes on and on forever.

by the way can anyone remember the name of that girl he did a song with like 2/3 years back, wasn't it elan or something? Huh I really need to get my hands on that track 'cause I remember that it sounded awesome beer
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 06:59:21 PM »

by the way can anyone remember the name of that girl he did a song with like 2/3 years back, wasn't it elan or something? Huh I really need to get my hands on that track 'cause I remember that it sounded awesome beer

Yeah, the singer is Elan and the song is called Street Child, and I think the album was called the same. Slash plays a few solos in the song and it's some of his best guitar work since GN'R, you can almost hear his guitar crying in his solo. drool

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
blackpainter
Opening Act

An HC, as always!!

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 05:55:08 AM »

Yeah, the singer is Elan and the song is called Street Child, and I think the album was called the same. Slash plays a few solos in the song and it's some of his best guitar work since GN'R, you can almost hear his guitar crying in his solo. drool

Agree!!
And I love santana.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »

He would put Santana in the ground.  Santana has nothign on SLASH. But then again I dont want to see Slashed whored out with Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 10:44:41 AM »

I can't see Slash doing something like Santana + I can't say that Santana did one decent song on thoose albums (IMO).
Like metioned before,  I think that everyone should stick to where they currantly are.
Although,   I would love to see an album with Slash,  Matt,  Duff,  Gilby,  Jimmy Page,  Robert Plant and Robinson brothers.
Or at least VR 3 with Page and Plant.
Sorta like Leded Roses.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 11:37:51 AM »

Santana can't sell records w/o popstars. His last album did poorly which makes me laugh. He defends his pop crap in a guitar player magazine, only becuase people have been ripping on him for making a second album like the first. He's a bitch and he knows it. Michelle Branch? Can these people be any more lame? Rob Thomas? These people are boring and Santana probably knows it.
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »

rob thomas is where it's at
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 03:59:09 PM »

rob thomas is where it's at

That's sarcasme right? nervous
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 06:04:55 PM »

I just said this because I loved how Slash ripped it up for michael jackson, he had such feel. I remember they had to like force him offstage during the mtv awards in like 94- or 95.. Also recently with slash n the hendrix band doing hey joe, I just never wanted it to end..  I also have been digging the santana tyler duet
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 09:20:33 PM »

Mike, afte hearing the new GNR, it really makes me appreciate Slash even more.  I know everyone comments on Axl vs. Scott and how it is so different.  Same could be said about Slash vs. anyone that is in GNR.  They are not even in the same league.  Just goes to show you that it doesn't matter how many notes you can play per second, there is a reason why Slash is a guitar hero/God and those others are not.  He just has the ability to completey suck you into his playing.  It is so beautiful and perfect for each song.  And you don't ever forget his playing, where as I can't even remember what the hell bucket and fink are playing. 
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 04:24:49 AM »

Mike, afte hearing the new GNR, it really makes me appreciate Slash even more.? I know everyone comments on Axl vs. Scott and how it is so different.? Same could be said about Slash vs. anyone that is in GNR.? They are not even in the same league.? Just goes to show you that it doesn't matter how many notes you can play per second, there is a reason why Slash is a guitar hero/God and those others are not.? He just has the ability to completey suck you into his playing.? It is so beautiful and perfect for each song.? And you don't ever forget his playing, where as I can't even remember what the hell bucket and fink are playing.?

It is not only Slash vs New (nu) GNR...
It is also Duff,  Matt,  Gilby,  Izzy...   Everyone in former line up beats anyone in current
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 04:31:35 AM »

Well SG axl rose has always believed he is gnr and no one else is, he believes that as long as he is in the band anyone in the world he picks can be gnr too (well as long as he lets them).. Well the real gnr fans know better,,, I mean fuck at the height of gnr's fame back in the day there were millions of fans... Look at how many follow now and their ages, much closer to missing the original... I don't fault young kids for liking this band or not missing the old one because they were alive during this band.. It's kind of like the younger kids liking vh with sammy over the older liking dlr.. I definetly think slash is missed. the intros on these songs are very boring gnr wise.. maybe this is why I love afd best, didn't need any gimmicks just hard ass guitar rock in your face.. ?

Anyways if you are an actual gnr fan like myself that took and interest to this newer version because you have always loved axl rose and care about the name then you are like myself. ?To me gnr without slash is like queen without may or zepplin without page... You just don't replace these guys and expect the same...

I think gnr forums today are more focused aroun daxl being gnr alone and that no one counted the same as him.. This is why the arguments never end and why no one is allowed to say anything negative about the new songs./ How can you use the gnr name and get mad when actual gnr fans ?from back in the day say the band could use slash's playing..?? Anyone that is from like around 30 on knows gnr as the old guys and especially slash on lead.. When people pas these links what do they expect, new gnr is not known anywhere, people base everything on old.. ?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: