Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would the new songs be better recieved if they were not Gnr? (twat and irs)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: would the new songs be better recieved if they were not Gnr? (twat and irs)  (Read 2262 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: February 23, 2006, 01:30:00 AM »

IRS got a lot of postive and some negative on WAAF in boston while most people panned TWAT saying how it sucked. I wonder if IRS was sung by another band like U2, cold play or someone like that if it would be better recieved.  Just take the first NIN single, the new David Gilmore single or even the U2 single out right now, I t hink TWAT is better than all of them and I wonder if IRS was sang by another band if more people would like it and not bash it. I just think some people want or expect another AFD by axl

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 01:34:01 AM »

I think a lot of people in the States have this stupid grudge against Axl. So he could release the best album ever created, and people would still say it sucks. I think most people realise its good, but once they know its Axl, then they say it sucks automatically. They dont give him a fair shake. It sucks cause these new songs are really really really good. Also, I think it has to do with the DJs, they dont do anything to help it. Who knows, maybe it will change when the record comes out.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 01:35:56 AM »

Well I agree the DJs only play the bad remarks, because the DJ said to one caller who hated the song and said they should not play it anymore, the DJ replied well I would if tons of people were not requesting it. So people like the songs they just dont call in to say how great it is they just call in to say play it again.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 01:37:07 AM »

Yeah I called in and made it know that the new songs were killer, but of course they dont say how the songs got good responses. Well, at least we know the songs got a lot of requests to get replayed, and thats a good sign.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 01:43:22 AM »

See my thread Dave... I did a little experiment where I just posted lyrics to TWAT in an art/music forum and everyone was like that is bad ass....

I then posted a link to the song and said "guess who?"

Then some people were floored it was the new gnr and admitted they hate Axl, but the track is still good.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:48:38 AM »

I think a lot of people in the States have this stupid grudge against Axl. So he could release the best album ever created, and people would still say it sucks. I think most people realise its good, but once they know its Axl, then they say it sucks automatically. They dont give him a fair shake. It sucks cause these new songs are really really really good. Also, I think it has to do with the DJs, they dont do anything to help it. Who knows, maybe it will change when the record comes out.

If the music is REALLY good and people are saying negative things only b/c its Axl, that will change with time.  If something is truly truly good, most people can't help but like it after time.  you might HATE keanu reeves...but the first matrix was still a great movie.  Works the reverse way too....you might like something JUST BECAUSE its your fave actor/singer, but after time, you realize it kinda sucks (I hope thats not the case with all the positive feedback on the leaks with members of this message board!!  nervous )

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 01:51:49 AM »

I listen to the new stuff without Bias... I will not compare it to old gnr... this is a new venture, and has to be listened to accordingly. What I hear I like, it's new, it's still has axl's voice, and the lyrical content is still good. I am a fan of the new guns n roses.

I am also still a fan of the old band. If I am forced to compare the two I will admit I like the older material more, but luckily I don't have to choose between the two.  peace
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 01:58:44 AM »

TWAT took me a few listens to really get into but after that I was hooked. I think it takes a few spins to let it sink in.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 02:00:23 AM »

Yeah definately. Theres just too much going on in TWAT to absorb it all in one listen. Its such a great song though, once you realise what you are hearing, people just need to give it a chance, not listen once and say it sucks. I love it, its right up there as my favorite new song with Better.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 02:01:05 AM »

People would probably receive the songs even better if the songs were sung by an Axl Rose solo band or new band that wasn't called GNR.

He has created a great deal of resentment towards himself by insisting to carry on with the name even though the rest of the original band is gone. Many people in the general public will never accept his incarnation as Guns N' Roses, so the quality of the music will be irrelevant.

He knew full well he was going to put himself in this position by going down the path he did, so it's not like there should be any shock people haven't unanimously accepted the new songs.

The big misnomer on this board is that the Media and the General public hate Axl. That is not the case at all. The Media and the General Public in large numbers do hate/criticize him passing off this project as a GNR album with him being the only original member.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 02:05:20 AM »

Yes I think so, Dave. Axl has one major problem. People know he is a genius, and people have HIGH expectations for anything associated with him. The low quality of these demos will bring negative reactions, and is a reason why they shouldnt be getting airplay. Its not a true reflection of what the album will be.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 02:06:19 AM »

People would probably receive the songs even better if the songs were sung by an Axl Rose solo band or new band that wasn't called GNR.

He has created a great deal of resentment towards himself by insisting to carry on with the name even though the rest of the original band is gone. Many people in the general public will never accept his incarnation as Guns N' Roses, so the quality of the music will be irrelevant.

He knew full well he was going to put himself in this position by going down the path he did, so it's not like there should be any shock people haven't unanimously accepted the new songs.

The big misnomer on this board is that the Media and the General public hate Axl. That is not the case at all. The Media and the General Public in large numbers do hate/criticize him passing off this project as a GNR album with him being the only original member.

It could be call Axl solo and they will still bash him because he is axl. A lot of people dont like his voice.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 02:09:24 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 02:10:49 AM »

It could be call Axl solo and they will still bash him because he is axl.

If you read much of the criticism he has received since the new incarnation of his band took off, more of it has centered on the Name issue than it has the quality of the music or his ability to make it.

People on this board have a built in "the world hates Axl" mantra they resort to because it is incomprehensible to some that not everyone thinks everything he touches turns to gold. GNR message boards have created the world hates Axl message more than the media has.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 02:12:37 AM »

I really like TWAT alot, AND THE SONG. But really TWAT, IRS and Better are great songs. I could really care less what other people think.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: