Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:24:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31517 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2006, 02:02:37 PM »

jamesloften what is your problem?Huh
all mysteron was asking us to do was to defend our band are u a fan or not???
the problem with the arcticle was that he didnt say they were demo's.
i for one have appreciated the info that mysteron has gave us over the years.mybe he should pass on no info is that what u want???
we will find out whats happening soon enough hell we've waited this long,it amazes me we get free demos of a few songs and now all of a sudden people are pissed because they want more.....GROW UP.

I think james is pissed the way how mysteron asked us..........mysteron's wording was wrongly chosen and mysteron confirmed that 7 pages later.....no wonder james is a bit pissed......I didnt quite get it myself either......now I do./

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2006, 02:05:34 PM »

Having read everyone's responses I want to clarify my original post.

Merck sent me an email asking me to rally the GN'R supporters against a paper / article that was being unfairly negative and he felt GN"R fans might want to do something about it. It was no big deal and it had nothing to do with Axl or the rest of the band.

If I made it seem like it was some official big deal I am sorry but I must say I am surprised that you are all so quick to attack the band you are supposed to love instead of the paper that is biased against them.

Reply to Merck's email and tell Merck to issue a release date. ?Tell him that you tried to rally support, but a vast majority of us hardcore fans are fed up and will not rally until we get some official information related to CD. ?Tell him that if he wants our help with anything, he needs to give us something to hang our hats on. ?Tell him that we are sick of looking foolish in defending the band on the hope that one day we will be vindicated with an awesome album. ?Tell him enjoying GNR is not like believing blindly in Christ. ?We want tangible evidence of when CD will be released.

When he responds to that answer with a release date, we will all send the Herald an email.

CC
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:07:30 PM by Charity Case » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2006, 02:11:24 PM »

Another trade?  Undecided
sandman
Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »

Merck sent me an email asking me to rally the GN'R supporters against a paper / article that was being unfairly negative and he felt GN"R fans might want to do something about it. It was no big deal and it had nothing to do with Axl or the rest of the band.

If I made it seem like it was some official big deal I am sorry but I must say I am surprised that you are all so quick to attack the band you are supposed to love instead of the paper that is biased against them.

I too am surprised with the reaction--

It's a weird, new 21st century, where kid's on message boards' ego's run unchecked, and their ego's take on tone's of hubristic mania. ?Strange Day's indeed! ?I think some of you guy's need to take it down a notch, and look inward for ten minutes a day. ?

For instance, it should be noted, that this writer seemed fairly unfamiliar with the leaks--I don't know if he heard them, or just assumed it was the song Chinese Democracy he heard four years ago, and made up a quick quote for the article ? ?He may have PM'd another self absorbed rock critic--who as a rule of thumb hate's anything to do with band's who sell more than 100,000 album's--and was told that the music was forgettable and then, justified in his hatred of the band, reported that the song's were "forgettable." ?

I was stunned/frightened by the megalomania shown by some. ?

No offense, but if you were "frightened" by people's posts on a GnR message board, you have serious issues.

and just to respond to your pathetic insults:

1. i'm not a child and i don't have an ego.
2. thanks for the advice, but i don't need anyone telling me how often i need to "look inward".

the writer should have mentioned they were demos. but his review would have been the same. and he was totally fair toward the band.

we're all fans, and we're all gonna buy this fuckin CD when it's released, and we're all gonna pay big $$ to see the concerts. so don't try to criticize us as fans.

i don't owe axl shit. and he doesn't owe me shit....although the $40 in ticketmaster fees would be nice! ?hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2006, 02:21:32 PM »

With everything going on right now with the leaks, the festivals and the confusion over CD getting released - Merck should be less concerned about some review and more concerned about the first things I mentioned.  Its not even like the review was THAT bad -- infact I agreed with some of what he said.

I think most of us are getting pretty frustrated with the lack of official news...I mean, the offical website isn't even updated!!!

And as I've said before...the music, if truly amazing, will speak for itself.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:23:51 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2006, 02:23:25 PM »

come on these are exciting times.....its gonna happen this year......

hopefully.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2006, 02:26:20 PM »

Mysteron, could you do us a favor, and help out Axl at the same time? Can you just let Merck know how much we like the new songs that leaked. And have him tell Axl that. Thats all that really matters. Just let him know how we are really excited to be so close to having the album, how we are excited about the new shows, and how we are really digging the new songs, and how what one piece of shit at the Boston Herald doesnt matter. We the fans matter, and we are digging the new songs, and thats all that matters. We cant wait for the final product.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2006, 02:28:09 PM »

Reply to Merck's email and tell Merck to issue a release date.  Tell him that you tried to rally support, but a vast majority of us hardcore fans are fed up and will not rally until we get some official information related to CD.  Tell him that if he wants our help with anything, he needs to give us something to hang our hats on.  Tell him that we are sick of looking foolish in defending the band on the hope that one day we will be vindicated with an awesome album.  Tell him enjoying GNR is not like believing blindly in Christ.  We want tangible evidence of when CD will be released.

When he responds to that answer with a release date, we will all send the Herald an email.

CC

this i a great idea i think ok

i can kinda understand people not understanding what mysteron meant but a little bit of research like reading the article cleared everything up for me has i said yesterday when this was originally posted the gnr camp are pissed because they are demos,the guy reviewed them before they were classed has a finished product and as amazed as i am by the demos that pisses me off too.
people might keep in mind this arcticle and think naaaa i aint gonna buy the new album the new songs arent supposed to be any good.
this is the reason why we should all e-mail them just to clear it up with them.
do our bit thats all part of been a fan in my eyes.

yeah you`re right.... but it`s not our job to tell him that the songs are just demos and not the finished product, it`s merck job..

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2006, 02:30:59 PM »

I too am surprised with the reaction--

It's a weird, new 21st century, where kid's on message boards' ego's run unchecked, and their ego's take on tone's of hubristic mania. ?Strange Day's indeed! ?I think some of you guy's need to take it down a notch, and look inward for ten minutes a day. ?

For instance, it should be noted, that this writer seemed fairly unfamiliar with the leaks--I don't know if he heard them, or just assumed it was the song Chinese Democracy he heard four years ago, and made up a quick quote for the article ? ?He may have PM'd another self absorbed rock critic--who as a rule of thumb hate's anything to do with band's who sell more than 100,000 album's--and was told that the music was forgettable and then, justified in his hatred of the band, reported that the song's were "forgettable." ?

I was stunned/frightened by the megalomania shown by some. ?

No offense, but if you were "frightened" by people's posts on a GnR message board, you have serious issues.

and just to respond to your pathetic insults:

1. i'm not a child and i don't have an ego.
2. thanks for the advice, but i don't need anyone telling me how often i need to "look inward".

the writer should have mentioned they were demos. but his review would have been the same. and he was totally fair toward the band.

we're all fans, and we're all gonna buy this fuckin CD when it's released, and we're all gonna pay big $$ to see the concerts. so don't try to criticize us as fans.

i don't owe axl shit. and he doesn't owe me shit....although the $40 in ticketmaster fees would be nice! ?hihi

Because of the nature, and size of the company who owns that newspaper, it has much pull. ?They need to issue a correction, and will if the volume of requests noting the error, is high enough.

I don't know anything about you, nor many on this board, but I have two eyes, and can read. ?A perfect example of the weird ?behavior, is your post. ?You, if you are sane, knew exactly what i meant by "frighten" in the context of my post. ?You took it out of context, and are now trying to bait another poster into an argument, completely off topic. ?Some of you do this all day, all night on this board and others. ?It is a waste of the true fan's time, and is pretty psycho. ?

I certainly agree, Axl owes us nothing. ?It's his art. ?And it should be judged when heard in it's official capacity. ?It should not be judged, by someone who purposely dismissed it without possibly even hearing it, in a syndicated column that appeared in hundreds of newspapers, and will yield top results via search in google and yahoo. Wake up people, Merck and those folks know what the heck they are doing. ?If you are a fan, act like a fan---that's half the damn fun!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »

Well i for one think these demo's are better than the old Axl-band's demos peace
The paper is reviewing it inproper...

No offense, only me he who thinks "fed up, frustrated, etc" people just need a break from forums? Tongue
The rock won't stop until we loose our licence beer
Mysteron, can you tell us who's that female singer on better is, who plays, which year etc?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »

merck could sort it yes.... but fan uproar now that creates alot of publicity which lets face it is probably the hidden agenda here....so come on people lets do this.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2006, 02:42:38 PM »

what he says isn`t worthless actually. he IS in contect with merck and shot down many rumours....   it`s not his decision which information we get or not at all ok
What has he told us thats credible? Seriously, I would like to know. Have you ever read any parts of his post history? It consists of woulda coulda shoulda's with vague shit spread in between. And to top it off, he's now claiming that WE, loyal fans through all these years, are "attacking the band we're supposed to love".

Merck needs a new lapdog.

no, i don?t read people`s posting history actually.....

but from what i can say he`s credible... the only post of him that was proven wrong since i`m visiting this board, was when buckethead left and he said he was still in the band... but i guess that wasn`t his fault, but management`s.  if mysteron was indeed a bullshitter, jarmo would`ve put an end on his bullshitting a long time ago....

it's not about wether he is credible or not. we know that he is, but he just gives us lame things like "soon" or "in due course",which help nobody.
if you don't have anything important to tell us, then don't do it at all..
and don't judge us,because any other band would be happy to have fans like us....

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2006, 02:45:33 PM »

what he says isn`t worthless actually. he IS in contect with merck and shot down many rumours....   it`s not his decision which information we get or not at all ok
What has he told us thats credible? Seriously, I would like to know. Have you ever read any parts of his post history? It consists of woulda coulda shoulda's with vague shit spread in between. And to top it off, he's now claiming that WE, loyal fans through all these years, are "attacking the band we're supposed to love".

Merck needs a new lapdog.

no, i don?t read people`s posting history actually.....

but from what i can say he`s credible... the only post of him that was proven wrong since i`m visiting this board, was when buckethead left and he said he was still in the band... but i guess that wasn`t his fault, but management`s.  if mysteron was indeed a bullshitter, jarmo would`ve put an end on his bullshitting a long time ago....

it's not about wether he is credible or not. we know that he is, but he just gives us lame things like "soon" or "in due course",which help nobody.
if you don't have anything important to tell us, then don't do it at all..
and don't judge us,because any other band would be happy to have fans like us....

he tells us what he knows, or what merck wants us to know... that`s the point...  and that`s clearly not his fault at all. i`m happy to get any information at all ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2006, 02:45:46 PM »

for the firste time mysteron lost credibility - not knowledge-wise, but personally. if axl is pissed at the article, he should  say so, maybe we get a rant about it during the festival tour. but i think it's lame to ask us to defend axl - especially because we shouldn't even talk about those leaked tracks. axl's old enough to defend himself, he doesn't need someone else do it.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2006, 02:49:05 PM »

he tells us what he knows, or what merck wants us to know... that`s the point...  and that`s clearly not his fault at all. i`m happy to get any information at all ok

i think he knows more than he's telling us, but that's a different issue, and less important.
i just want some announcement,that's all. and i don't wanna waste my time right now by writing to some dumbass writer, how bad his review was,i dont give two fucks. i just wanna know when that fucking album's coming out, nothing else

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2006, 02:52:36 PM »

jamesloften what is your problem?Huh
all mysteron was asking us to do was to defend our band are u a fan or not???
the problem with the arcticle was that he didnt say they were demo's.
i for one have appreciated the info that mysteron has gave us over the years.mybe he should pass on no info is that what u want???
we will find out whats happening soon enough hell we've waited this long,it amazes me we get free demos of a few songs and now all of a sudden people are pissed because they want more.....GROW UP.

His messages are vague.

You can be a fan of something and criticize it when stuff isnt right.

Your whole are you a fan or not thing is bullshit. A fan of a band can say wow such and such is shit. It's like what was happening in the states when the Dixie Chicks called Bush a moron, and some Americans booed the shit out them and Toby Keith was like love it or leave it. Thats bullshit, you do not need to kiss anyones ass when they do bullshit.

Mysterons posts are very vague, look if you know something say it and if not don't post your vague bullshit like oh yeah that might happen LOLZ.

There is no problem with the article at all. It was a human beings opinion. And good for him he wrote how he felt. It was a writers. Now that doesn't mean the whole Boston Herald is out to get Guns N' Roses just a writer thinks its shit. So good for him that he voiced what he felt.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Fuck All Y'all
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »

Reply to Merck's email and tell Merck to issue a release date.  Tell him that you tried to rally support, but a vast majority of us hardcore fans are fed up and will not rally until we get some official information related to CD.  Tell him that if he wants our help with anything, he needs to give us something to hang our hats on.  Tell him that we are sick of looking foolish in defending the band on the hope that one day we will be vindicated with an awesome album.  Tell him enjoying GNR is not like believing blindly in Christ.  We want tangible evidence of when CD will be released.

CC

Very nicely put, that's exactly how I feel about this, too.

Frankly, I have a bit of a problem blindly belieiving in Christ, and Axl's damn sure not the son of God ... nor is Merck.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2006, 03:00:59 PM »

Some of you, it seems, would rather parce every word typed and argue the validity of anything and everything. ?I cannot figure out how petitioning a writer to correct an error is anything for us to argue about. ?Geesh, this is a common practice, that yields positive results if done correctly. ? Really, it's that simple. ?To get all wound up demanding release dates, and other things that are completely out of your control is completely insane. ?The music is obviously coming out, but there is so much that goes into planning, figuring out what eompetitive labels are doing, is the single going to be in a movie, videos, tour dates, etc. that pinning down a release date prematurely would be counterproductive.
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2006, 03:01:22 PM »

Posted on: Today at 01:07:17 PMPosted by: axlstod ?
Insert Quote
merck could sort it yes.... but fan uproar now that creates alot of publicity which lets face it is probably the hidden agenda here....so come on people lets do this.

merk tells us what he can we should be grateful for that.
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2006, 03:02:14 PM »

shit i mean mysteron
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: