Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:03:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?  (Read 39777 times)
rainX
« on: September 18, 2005, 01:45:47 AM »

http://www.thenewguns.com

Celebrities - Join Together Again!  Posted by Rose Quintiliano on Sep 18, 2005, 11:41

Celebrities once again have joined together to raise funds for the recovery of New Orleans and the damage by Hurricane Katrina. One of the largest events took place on Sept. 10, a concert special that raised money for the Red Cross and promoted volunteerism. The artists included Green Day, Ludacris, Usher, Alicia Keys, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews, Rob Thomas, David Banner, Chester Bennington of Linkin Park and Gretchen Wilson, to name a few. The donations have been pouring in by celebrities, including best-selling author John Grisham and hotel magnate Leona Helmsley. On a personal note, my heart goes out to all the victims of Hurricane Katrina and I will continue to pray.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I can?t get no satisfaction! Or, at least a half-time show. It looks like the Stones will be performing at the Feb. 5 Super Bowl, according to close sources and reported by the Detroit Free Press. Mick Jagger and his Rolling Stones have kicked off their 37-city "Bigger Bang World" tour, which coincides with the release of their new CD, "A Bigger Bang." It?s their longest studio album since the 18-song "Exile on Main Street" in 1972. Did you know that "Satisfaction" by the Stones was inspired during their tour of North America in 1965? Keith Richards woke up during the middle of the night in a Clearwater, Flor. motel with music running through his head and tape-recorded it. The following morning he played it to Mick, and the rest is history.

Speaking of legends, Axl Rose has been plagued by legal woes for years. The most recent lawsuit against the frontman of Guns N Roses was filed on Aug.17 in federal court by former band members Slash and Duff, legally known as Saul Hudson and Michael McKagan. The lawsuit accuses Rose of directing the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) to send all royalties to his publishing company, bypassing the other band members. Another pending lawsuit was filed last year by Slash and Duff which alleges Rose had blocked the two former band members from licensing the band?s recordings to movie producers. In a recent press release, Axl Rose?s attorney Howard Weitzman said that Slash and Duff need to get their facts straight.

"The amount ASCAP mistakenly sent to Axl?s publisher was never received by Axl nor was he ever made aware of the error. The publisher alerted ASCAP to the error, returned the money immediately and asked ASCAP to remedy the situation by distributing the funds appropriately."

Weitzman also said that Slash and Duff have a history of filing "sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda." Even though Axl Rose is facing legal problems, it didn?t stop him from chatting and signing an autograph for a fan in Malibu a few weeks ago. Axl told the fan "Chinese Democracy" will be released early next year, and Guns N Rose?s is also looking to put a new song on "The Da Vinci Code" movie soundtrack. The movie, based on Dan Brown?s controversial best-selling novel, is currently in production and stars Tom Hanks. Could 2006 be the year for legendary Axl Rose?

Rose?s Scoop: Jennifer Lopez recorded a reggaeton song a few weeks ago with Pharrell Williams in Puerto Rico. Reggaeton is the latest craze, a mix of Jamaican reggae, hip-hop and Latin beats. Sheryl Crow will be tying the knot with Lance Armstrong next spring. Crow?s fifth album, "Wildflower," will be released later this month. Finally, The Emmys will be aired on Sept. 18 with host Ellen Degeneres, a New Orleans native.

http://www.canyon-news.com/artman/publish/article_3490.php
rainX
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 01:48:26 AM »

i posted this here and not in the release date rumor thread because it contains the little bit about the Da Vinci Code.

jarmo, btw, that new icon that shows up in my firefox, fucking killer man. i love this place Smiley
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 02:29:03 AM »

In the fact the book is just amazing. Tom Hanks is amazing actor to. And new GN`R song included like soundtrack in the movie sounds amazing at all.
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 02:41:08 AM »

How many times has he said he'd put a track in a movie?  Roll Eyes and now its early 2006?  Roll Eyes

no
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 02:49:03 AM »

I dunno.. lol im happy. First news/rumor I've heard in WAYYYYYYY too long. This board is going insane because we have no news to speculate on. Im starting to lose my GN'R illusion.. I just wish Axl would put out a press release.

O well. I'll stay. 

gnrevolution.com
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 03:03:32 AM »

I don't know why this piece of news has me optimistic, but it does.  Just makes it that more disheartening when we find out its probably bullshit.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 03:16:48 AM »

I for one read the book, and if thier is any interset in axl and gnr doing a tune or so for this, its gonna be killer!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again a tune may have already been written , and fits well, who knows, but to me this is more believable than anything else , I read rumor wise. peace

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 03:49:15 AM »

Chinese Democracy starts n--

Oh.

In 2006. Chinese Democracy starts in 2006.

I bet Axl has read and enjoyed the book, though. Not sure why, but I do and the soundtrack would be as good a place as any for a really deep and cool new GNR track. It is a great book and the film will have a built-in worldwide audience.

Maybe for his next book, Dan Brown can have Robert Langdon investigate the many veiled meanings in Axl's recent faxes and the secret clues hidden within the Use Your Illusion records and trilogy videos to discover the long-lost secret location of the CD master tapes.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 05:18:07 AM »

i hope not.
i can't stand da vinci crap.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 05:45:37 AM »

Don't know how true it, BUT I would say a massive best seller turned movie that many people are sure to se would be a cool way to return with new material
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 06:02:08 AM »

Thanks for the info, rainX!! ok
The movie will be released in may 16th. Hope they release CD before this. Sad

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 06:27:49 AM »

may 16th?
The timing seems fine. The album is released in march/april or May, they release the original soundtrack for the movie, let's hope it will do great on charts, then they start touring with Rock in Rio (late may/early june), and stay in Europe for the summer, doing a couple of shows. beer

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 06:40:28 AM »

Amazing. I loved the DVC book, and I'm sure the movie will be amazing (Howard behind the camera, Tom Hanks, Jean Reno and Audrey Tautou in the casting, fuckin great).

That would be awesome if GN'R would put up a new song on this soundtrack. We'll know soon enough I guess.

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 07:09:01 AM »

Da Vinci code ? A fun read but I didn't actually like the way it was interpreted by most of the readers ... as if the historic events were real ... But hey, if GNR really is on the sountrack it's good news !

The force ... the force ...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 07:34:57 AM »

far fetched. but it would be great ok

Chinese Democracy!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 07:46:57 AM »

Amazing. I loved the DVC book, and I'm sure the movie will be amazing (Howard behind the camera, Tom Hanks, Jean Reno and Audrey Tautou in the casting, fuckin great).

That would be awesome if GN'R would put up a new song on this soundtrack. We'll know soon enough I guess.
With Jean Reno and Audrey Tautou, the movie will have a big exposure in France. It may be good for GN'R popularity in France if they do the soundtrack don't you think?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 08:17:03 AM »

Weitzman also said that Slash and Duff have a history of filing "sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda." Even though Axl Rose is facing legal problems, it didn?t stop him from chatting and signing an autograph for a fan in Malibu a few weeks ago. Axl told the fan "Chinese Democracy" will be released early next year, and Guns N Rose?s is also looking to put a new song on "The Da Vinci Code" movie soundtrack. The movie, based on Dan Brown?s controversial best-selling novel, is currently in production and stars Tom Hanks. Could 2006 be the year for legendary Axl Rose?

The release of OMG on the End of Days soundtrack spiked rumors of CD being released.? Yet, 6 years later, the world is still waiting.? Hopefully this tidbit of news in true and Axl will make good on his word.? We'll have to wait and see if 2006 is THE year.  I'm not holding my breath...
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2005, 08:28:58 AM »

One of the great fictions of all time.  It has sold more copies of any bookk besides the Bible.  This would be a great idea to ride the coattails of this movie.
parisrocks
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005, 08:39:43 AM »

It's funny that two people as wholesome as Tom Hanks and Ron howard are joining to film a very controversial movie, and now may add the most dangerous band in the world to their soundtrack.

Rock!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 09:30:01 AM »

i don`t believe anything , but i would definitely be great ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: