Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  WHEN DID THE GUNS N ROSES ORIGINAL UNITY DIE AND WHAT CAUSED IT?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHEN DID THE GUNS N ROSES ORIGINAL UNITY DIE AND WHAT CAUSED IT?  (Read 3942 times)
waxlrose1987
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: March 07, 2006, 11:06:41 AM »

After this lawsaui it got me bummed and started thinking about how the boys used to be......Thank god for bootlegs......Remember during the club days in 85/86 and then during the 87 tour (when the boys were still unknowns) GUNS N ROSES was a fucking army.....They hung together, partied together, performed together, etc...They were brothers all for one and all that shit......They were anti-music industry and were a tight UNIT......Somewhere along the way that Unity died a miserable death and they just became business associates.....They stopped hanging together and only saw eachother basically on stage.......When they recorded Appetite they did it together in the studio.........The point of this thread is to locate just exactly when the original unity died and what caused it.....When they did Illusion, AXL did the vocals by himself without any one of the other members present........I would say the unity died after they concluded the 1988 tour and while they were on break in 1989......I think the band becoming  huge had a major impact on them, the drug usage among the entire band (while axl started to clean up his act-the others were still using big time)...Axl becoming obsessed with 9 minute epic songs and wanting to put on huge stage shows hurt them big time, Izzzy being an outcast from everyone else....the original unity was dead and buried by mid 1989............I have the audio bootlegs of the show they did October 18, 1989 opening for The Stones when Axl announced the infamous 'brownstone statement' and also went into a 3 minute tirade about being called a racist before the 1st song and also announced before 'paradise city' that this is his final GNR show ever' and I think it is safe to say as classic as that show is (and its one of the biggest most classic GNR shows ever--get the boot if you dont have it--great sound too) that the original GNR unity has been dead ever since and died long before then.............I will say the FINAL show with the original unity was mid December 1988 in Melbourne.................
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

I dont really know exactly....but i think it all started with Izzy.  He left, and it was all downhill for the original members. 

They all agreed that adler should have left, i dont think anyone but axl wanted izzy out...i dont even think axl wanted izzy out.  Izzy just couldnt stand axl.

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
SADIS
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 11:18:54 AM »

I find it a funny fact that everyone can get along with each other except for Axl.

I find it also funny that Axl has absolutely fallen out with everyone from his past except mega-loser Shitty Reed.

I find it funny that Axl seems to think that everyone is in a conspiracy theory tryin to undermine whatever he does.

"There out to get me, they won't catch me, cause I'm fucking innocent"
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 11:25:49 AM »

I find it a funny fact that everyone can get along with each other except for Axl.

I find it also funny that Axl has absolutely fallen out with everyone from his past except mega-loser Shitty Reed.

I find it funny that Axl seems to think that everyone is in a conspiracy theory tryin to undermine whatever he does.

"There out to get me, they won't catch me, cause I'm fucking innocent"

schizophrenia?HuhHuh?

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 11:46:28 AM »

I find it funny that some people even are here on this message board posting...

And by the way, remember that nobody will force you to go to gnr-shows this summer. I want positive fans at the show, knowing we?re not in the 90?s anymore...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 11:51:52 AM by Siliconmessiah » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »

you forgot all the new guys and, for example, Brian May.

but maybe Brian May is a mega loser for you  hihi

why are you on a guns n'roses board, anyway.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 02:12:49 PM »

WHY MUST YOU CONTINUE TO POST YOUR THREAD TITLES IN CAPS!! I ASSURE YOU, THEY'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!

DO YOU WANT TO GET BANNED??

READ THE RULES!!

Jesus H. Christ, already.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:00:31 AM »

I find it funny that some people even are here on this message board posting...

And by the way, remember that nobody will force you to go to gnr-shows this summer. I want positive fans at the show, knowing we?re not in the 90?s anymore...

Let me ask you all a question: Why is someone automatically considered a retard when he/she feels genuinely sad about the breakup of the old gnr-lineup? That's the band I grew up with, for christ sake, the band whose music I came to know and love, there are so many special memories attached to the music of these guys for me.  But if I say anything to express my disappointment about their breakup, the response is "you fucking retard, go suck your mothers cock, we're not in the 90's anymore". Now is that fair?

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 12:14:07 PM »

WHY MUST YOU CONTINUE TO POST YOUR THREAD TITLES IN CAPS!! I ASSURE YOU, THEY'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!

DO YOU WANT TO GET BANNED??

READ THE RULES!!

Jesus H. Christ, already.

What?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 01:05:50 PM »

I said "Jesus H. Christ", not "Jesus S. Christ".

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 02:53:49 PM »

I know there became a time when axl would handle most things in person like mentioned above, then towards the 90's he had all the people who did this for him even for his closest friends... When you begin listening to Yes men ans your source of info things can go downhill mighty quick
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 12:34:34 PM »

you forgot all the new guys and, for example, Brian May.

but maybe Brian May is a mega loser for you? hihi

why are you on a guns n'roses board, anyway.

Eh, actually he did fall out with some of the new guys, namely Buckethead and Josh Freese, because they were the only ones who didn't just go along with everything Axl said. Even Robin Finck got pissed off and left at one point but returned because the money was too tempting (Trent Reznor's version of events, not mine, and he knows more than any of us on these boards). Axl has fallen out with too many people for you to say he's right and everyone else is wrong. And just because Sadis and myself think Axl is paranoid and has a massive ego doesn't mean we are not Guns n' Roses fans and should not be on a GnR fan board, and not just because there were 4 other guys in the original band that made the band famous. Just because we like Axl's artistic efforts, doesn't mean we have to lick his ass and believe everything he tells us. We're on a GnR board because

1)We love the original band
2)We are looking forward to Chinese Democracy and are curious as to what the new band can deliver. Everyone knows Axl is an extremely talented singer, songwriter and performer, and so we hope he delivers Chinese Democracy and look forward to listening to it. That doesn't mean we overlook the fact that he has fallen out with all his previous bandmates, people who helped the band in the past, eg Tom Zutaut and Ross Halfin and various other bands like Metallica, Motley Crue, Nirvana and loads of others. To deny that and blame everybody except Axl himself is just rediculous.

Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 07:16:44 AM »

I think the Unity died When Axl's ego started to swamp everybody,When the band started to get really famous his ego grew with it to the stage where he Thought he WAS the band and the other guys were on one page Axl on another and he wouldn't take their idea's into consideration,Before they were famous he was just one of the guys and they were a band of brothers that supported each other thorough thick and thin times

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 03:52:34 PM »

Axl became a fucking tyrant and took extreme creative control for himself. He was never with the band anywhere except on stage and they became two seperate parts: Axl and everyone else. Obviously they couldn't survive for long like that.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 08:14:57 AM »

Yeah Especially when he started sleeping on Differnt floors to the rest of the band In hotels

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 08:28:57 AM »

I said this in 1991 and I'll say it now

I think the band started to die when the member insisted on individual song credits on the UYI albums ok

it wasn't one persons fault over another's everybody had a hand IMO. Cry

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: