Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:25:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash on radio today responding to press release?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on radio today responding to press release?  (Read 9299 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: March 07, 2006, 01:23:13 PM »

I heard that Slash was on the radio, (KLOS in LA) either this morning or recently, while I was driving to work today but I missed what the DJs had to say about it and the whole Axl lawsuit thing. It was mentioned and then they started talking about some other dumb things when I had to leave, before i could find out any more. Did anyone else catch this and if so was there anything interesting/relevant talked about?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:31:17 PM »

I haven't heard anything about it. I must have missed it this morning.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 01:47:51 PM »

I haven't heard anything about it. I must have missed it this morning.

I just heard it... his official response was:

"So! Axl is a fat stupid dumb baby! Now... huh! What... stop the damn interview stupid!" At that point Slash trailed off into singing the Sweet Child O' Mine guitar solo.

The the DJ came back on and thanked him for appearing.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »

One thing you can be sure of.

If and when Slash does respond to this gutter level slander, it will be with a lot more style and class than yesterdays bitter spewings

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 01:51:55 PM »

If and when Slash does respond to this gutter level slander, it will be with a lot more style and class than yesterdays bitter spewings

You think it not handled well? Cool, I thought it was handled very well. Just my humble opinion.

ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:54:05 PM »

Grin
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 01:54:15 PM »

If it's written somewhere, I hope it's written a helluva lot better.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 02:06:11 PM »

You think it not handled well? Cool, I thought it was handled very well. Just my humble opinion.

It all depends on how you look at it. Some people will think "Well axl has taken a lot of shit, so putting it out in a press release like that is the classy way to do it."
Others see it as "Axl put all that shit out there and is just trying to make slash look bad" as far as that 5:30AM story and whatnot. I don't really see that story as being true at all, honestly. Slash calling Duff spineless? Slash has stayed friends with Duff for about 21 years or so....why would he just randomly stab him in the back like that? So yeah...im not sure.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »

It all depends on how you look at it. Some people will think "Well axl has taken a lot of shit, so putting it out in a press release like that is the classy way to do it."
Others see it as "Axl put all that shit out there and is just trying to make slash look bad" as far as that 5:30AM story and whatnot. I don't really see that story as being true at all, honestly. Slash calling Duff spineless? Slash has stayed friends with Duff for about 21 years or so....why would he just randomly stab him in the back like that? So yeah...im not sure.

Why would Axl lie about it? Esp since in the first press release that slash part was left out and axl had to reissue it with the slash part put back in.  Why would Axl want it in the release if it was not true??

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
estranged.1098
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »

It can have more class and style but if doesn't have more honesty it's worthless to me.
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 02:24:40 PM »

And within one page, it goes from whether Slash was on the radio today to Axl vs. Slash round 545.  Nice.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »

And here we were talking about a reunion.  We thought everybody was going to play nice now... Slash was waiting for CD and Axl was saying that he had nothing against Slash.  Welp just throw all that shit right out the window.  I think what they really need to do is talk to eachother and not talk through the media and their lawyers. 
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 02:33:14 PM »

It can have more class and style but if doesn't have more honesty it's worthless to me.

And as somebody far removed from any of these guys lives and the occurrences within them, isnt it a bit hard for you to determine whats honest?

For those who cant possibly think of why Axl himself might be less than honest in that press release, think a little harder and it might come to you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:36:03 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 02:36:31 PM »

I honestly don't know why people want them to be friends, and be like every other band who broke up then got together for that one last time tour (that they do every 4-5 years). Fuck that lame cliche. Its tired. This is way more interesting.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 02:45:46 PM »

I dont understand how Axl's press release wasnt classy. All he did was put out his side of the story. The part where he talks about how Slash showed up at his house is to show how Slash is always changing his story and his feelings about everything that has to do with Guns. I call when Slash calls Axl and asshole and all this other stuff in the press and magazines unclassy.
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 02:57:49 PM »

Trash is finally being exposed for the scum bag he really is.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »

Trash is finally being exposed for the scum bag he really is.

Who? Axl or Slash?
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 03:01:22 PM »

Why would Axl lie about it? Esp since in the first press release that slash part was left out and axl had to reissue it with the slash part put back in.? Why would Axl want it in the release if it was not true??

Well theres two sides to it, still. Why would axl lie is a good point, but why would Slash just go stab his band members in the back for no apparent reason? It doesn't make any sense.
darkmonth
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »

Until I see it on the www.gnronline.com page, I ain't gonna believe the damn thing is from Axl anyway!!!
estranged.1098
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 03:05:59 PM »

And as somebody far removed from any of these guys lives and the occurrences within them, isnt it a bit hard for you to determine whats honest?

For those who cant possibly think of why Axl himself might be less than honest in that press release, think a little harder and it might come to you.

I can't determine what's honest and never claimed that I could. What I'm saying is that I don't care if the answer is "childish" as long as it's honest; it's all I care about.

For example, since some people can't determine whether Axl is being honest or not they decide to attack the press release with other meaningless ramblings.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: