Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:48:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better Instrumental" - Discussions
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better Instrumental" - Discussions  (Read 39566 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2006, 10:37:03 AM »

seems to me like a higher quality recording than the full version of better Huh or is it just the way it was ripped?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2006, 10:38:19 AM »

seems to me like a higher quality recording than the full version of better Huh or is it just the way it was ripped?

Its better since its mp4

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2006, 10:41:17 AM »

anything different about it than the full version we have with vocals?
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »

I usually like to hear the instrumental/karaoke track of any song, but especially on with this level of musicianship.
Awesome track!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »

Its the same but you hear most things you dont notice with axl singing over it

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 10:45:21 AM »

Its the same but you hear most things you dont notice with axl singing over it

... what makes me  drool for a leak of the TWAT instrumental.

Restraint is for suckers.
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2006, 10:51:10 AM »

this does sound a lot better then the full better version even after i converted it!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2006, 11:03:09 AM »

god, I'm gunna sound like a broken record here but bucketheads parts MAKE these demo's and I really hope he's still on the album. This stuff is too good to never see the light of day.

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2006, 11:07:11 AM »

Why doesn't the leaker rip it to 320 mp3?   Sad   

If any one has the sources could the encode it to this bit rate?  That would rule
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2006, 11:14:14 AM »

It shows how great this band is. Beautiful!
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2006, 11:37:22 AM »

yes it does!!  beer
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2006, 11:40:14 AM »

god, I'm gunna sound like a broken record here but bucketheads parts MAKE these demo's and I really hope he's still on the album. This stuff is too good to never see the light of day.

I hear you man. I hear you.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2006, 11:40:50 AM »

Its better since its mp4

Nah can't be......cuz i got an mp3 of the track Tongue

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2006, 11:44:17 AM »

well     they`re good enough without bucket...  though i pray to hear his work on CD!!

but on the other hand i want to hear richard`s work....  i guess his influence will be bigger on future records, but axl said he did some leads on CD, too.....

by the way i like this instrumental. sometimes it`s really hard to hear the band in the full demo version...

someone should encode the entire cd into lossless....like the cd including cornshucker ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »

Trunk said, in an email to me personally (which I forwarded on to jarmo here at HTGTH and madison at mygnrforum), that Better was not on the CD he had.

Trunk also said that he didn't remember WHAT the other tracks were, because he didn't have much time to listen to them. He described one as having an industrial flavor. He didn't know the names and basically said "it was two years ago, I don't remember anymore."

Given the lack of other new material and the sham trading show we saw play out on the forums, I've come to believe it's the same disc.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2006, 11:56:09 AM »

Trunk also said that he didn't remember WHAT the other tracks were, because he didn't have much time to listen to them. He described one as having an industrial flavor. He didn't know the names and basically said "it was two years ago, I don't remember anymore."

Given the lack of other new material and the sham trading show we saw play out on the forums, I've come to believe it's the same disc.

Not to me, he didn't.? Again, the email was forwarded along.

He simply said Better was not on the CD he had been given.

You can ask for no better source on the subject than the guy who had the disc.  Hell, you can email Trunk, himself on the subject.  Include the versions of Better and see what he says.

It's not the same disc/source. Period.?   

Believe what you'd like.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 11:58:49 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2006, 11:56:54 AM »

It sounds really cool. I'm listening to it now.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2006, 12:35:17 PM »

Not to me, he didn't.  Again, the email was forwarded along.

He simply said Better was not on the CD he had been given.

You can ask for no better source on the subject than the guy who had the disc.  Hell, you can email Trunk, himself on the subject.  Include the versions of Better and see what he says.

It's not the same disc/source. Period.   

Believe what you'd like.

What he said to you doesn't concern me; he has publically stated that he did not remember what was on the CD. There's a very good chance the answer you got from Trunk was not 100%.

Again, I don't need to email him.

"It was almost two years ago, so I don't remember that much. It sounded kind of like G&R with a modern edge. Same direction as Oh My God."

That easily describes Better. And this is a guy who might have had one chance to listen to it, possibly scanning through the tracks.

Trunk's CD had 4 songs and 4 instrumentals. Isn't it funny how we now have 4 songs... and the next leak is an instrumental?

When I see a fifth song, I'll be willing to believe there's another source. Until then, everything is playing to form.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2006, 12:42:39 PM »

What he said to you doesn't concern me; he has publically stated that he did not remember what was on the CD. There's a very good chance the answer you got from Trunk was not 100%.

Again, I don't need to email him.

"It was almost two years ago, so I don't remember that much. It sounded kind of like G&R with a modern edge. Same direction as Oh My God."

That easily describes Better. And this is a guy who might have had one chance to listen to it, possibly scanning through the tracks.

Trunk's CD had 4 songs and 4 instrumentals. Isn't it funny how we now have 4 songs... and the next leak is an instrumental?

When I see a fifth song, I'll be will to believe there's another source. Until then, everything is playing to form.

I think "No, it wasn't" is a pretty categorical answer, don't you?? Considering he'd heard the new leak? Not "I'm not sure". Not "I can't remember". "No, it wasn't".  So, rest assured, it wasn't.

So, in the face of direct categoric evidence to the contrary, from the direct source of the leak, who was actually present and heard the CD, you choose to believe something they say is untrue?

Hey, more power to ya.

But the FACT is...it's not the same source. Period.? Trunk confirmed it.

Believe what you want.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 12:47:31 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
madagas
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 12:45:51 PM »

I thought Trunk only had 3 instrumentals and three songs.....Pilferk, what is your best guess as to where the leaks came from?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: