Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:09:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Oh My God"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Oh My God"  (Read 62445 times)
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »

It's definitely the coolest song to come out in a super-long time. It's GNR's most under-appreciated song, ever, IMO.

Sorry, but my vote for that topic would definatley have to go to Breakdown.

My favorite part is when they run out of song, but Axl doesn't just let the track end... instead he drags it on a little longer with noise and a poem that you can't understand.  A lot of people would consider that kind of stuff indulgent.  Not me though.  Without all that extra stuff thrown onto the end, the song wouldn't have been as long, and might not be considered an epic.  UYI needed lots of long songs, even if they were really short songs that just got extended.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2007, 04:06:35 PM »

the production on it is TERRRIBLE

the song on a scale to 1-5 i would rate it a 1.5

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »

On first hearing OMG, I really did think "Oh My Good God! -  What the hell is this sh-t?"  peace The song sound liked a muffled mess. It sounded poorly mixed. It sounded nothing like the Guns n'Roses that I liked so much.

Years down the line, I do like OMG a little more. It still sounds too muffled. They should release a 'normal' version, just good old drums, guitars and Axl without all the over production and distortion fx. Then the song could really rock  beer

Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2007, 04:36:29 PM »

I didn't like it to much at first because it didn't sound like the Guns n Roses I rembered. Maybe a year later I loved the song and I still do! It's really great and heavy.
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2007, 04:47:34 PM »

Fucking love this song.
I remember downloading the clip off of this site when it was used in promotion for the end of days movie back in '99.
Then i downloaded the whole song once it hit the net and bought the soundtrack once it came out. Loved the song ever since. Cool

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
McDuff
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2007, 05:28:41 PM »

when I first heard the song I hated it,now I like the song,I dunno,maybe because Axl sounds angry when he's singing on it I dunno,but it's a cool song and no one could ever cunfuse it with the old GN'R.  peace
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2007, 09:49:28 PM »

the production on it is TERRRIBLE

the song on a scale to 1-5 i would rate it a 1.5

for me, on a scale  of 1-10, I would give  it a 1.5. And I TRIED to like it, I really did, and listened to it about 100+ times, but it never did anything for me.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »

10/10

My favorite guns song.

Why would you complain about the production? It's industrial music- crappy production is the point you mulletheads.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »

My favorite part is when they run out of song, but Axl doesn't just let the track end... instead he drags it on a little longer with noise and a poem that you can't understand.  A lot of people would consider that kind of stuff indulgent.  Not me though.

That's pretty fucking funny man.       rofl

Axl is indeed a little bit crazy.    yes
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2007, 10:33:31 PM »

10/10

My favorite guns song.

Why would you complain about the production? It's industrial music- crappy production is the point you mulletheads.

erm...yes. i quite agree.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2007, 10:40:32 PM »

when I first heard the song I hated it,now I like the song,I dunno,maybe because Axl sounds angry when he's singing on it I dunno,but it's a cool song and no one could ever cunfuse it with the old GN'R.  peace

I personally like the slower version.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »

My favorite part is when they run out of song, but Axl doesn't just let the track end... instead he drags it on a little longer with noise and a poem that you can't understand.  A lot of people would consider that kind of stuff indulgent.  Not me though.

That's pretty fucking funny man.       rofl

Axl is indeed a little bit crazy.    yes
Any man who adds "Cool Ranch Dressing" to a song is more than just a little bit crazy.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2007, 04:03:35 AM »

It's definitely the coolest song to come out in a super-long time. It's GNR's most under-appreciated song, ever, IMO.

Sorry, but my vote for that topic would definatley have to go to Breakdown.

My favorite part is when they run out of song, but Axl doesn't just let the track end... instead he drags it on a little longer with noise and a poem that you can't understand.? A lot of people would consider that kind of stuff indulgent.? Not me though.? Without all that extra stuff thrown onto the end, the song wouldn't have been as long, and might not be considered an epic.? UYI needed lots of long songs, even if they were really short songs that just got extended.

Wow. Sorry you can't understand that end bit, which i wouldn't really call a poem, as it's a quote from the film Vanishing Point. And the "noise" (all of which i'm assuming happens in the last two minutes of the 7 minute song, as the last verse goes past the 5min mark) happens to include the musical climax of the song and some pretty awesome guitar playing (which you'll also hear behind the last bit you consider "thrown onto the end."

Anyway, on topic, OMG is an awesome song. When i think about it i would like to hear a different recording or at least mix of it, with the vocals brought up clear, but that's a new thought. When it first came out i listened to it over and over again, trying to find out the words, and i've probably checked this site daily ever since then (it's the song that turned me from a fan into an obsessive fan).
ohmygod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2007, 04:37:23 AM »

ohmygod=top ten gnr song  love

what used to be is not there for me...
estranged27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2007, 05:11:32 AM »

My favorite part is when they run out of song, but Axl doesn't just let the track end... instead he drags it on a little longer with noise and a poem that you can't understand.? A lot of people would consider that kind of stuff indulgent.? Not me though.

That's pretty fucking funny man.? ? ? ?rofl

Axl is indeed a little bit crazy.? ? yes
Any man who adds "Cool Ranch Dressing" to a song is more than just a little bit crazy.

cool ranch dressing is pretty tied up yeh??
yeh breakdown just beats oh my god as most underrated gnr song.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2007, 12:31:20 PM »

10/10

My favorite guns song.

Grin
Riiiiigggghhhhttttt....
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »

when i first heard OMG back in 2000.. i didn't really like it at all.. prob because it didn't fit in with any other gnr material.. BUT.. now i have a pretty good 10 track album on my ipod.. and the song fits perfectly.. songs like TWAT, and IRS are the perfect bridge between the old gnr to the 06version.. i appreciate the song more now after hearing all the new material.  I just needed the blues, madagascar...to ease me into the new sound that CD and OMG have..   im kinda rambling.. my point was just that OMG fits perfectly with the new songs.. and i'm sure an 07 version would be even better.. i just wasn't ready for that sound back in 00... now i'm looking forward to it.  i hope it resurfaces... hey civil war was released on a soundtrack and then on the UI.. maybe they will do the same with OMG  just a 7 year hiatus haha

also the 10 tracks are just the 7 leaks that everyone has.. plus OMG, remastered Rhiad and the eat my silkworms version of silkworms..   didn't mean to imply that i have anything new. 
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »

it's a demo right? Axl mentioned it during an interview

I think the song needs more work but it has killer chorus. I'd be interested to hear a new version of it.

We haven't heard the song in a while so maybe it's been redone? We'll see.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »

yeah, it is a good song but needs to be revamped with a new sound.  The industrial sound just doesn't fit the song Imo.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2007, 11:20:22 PM »

it's a demo right? Axl mentioned it during an interview

I think the song needs more work but it has killer chorus. I'd be interested to hear a new version of it.

We haven't heard the song in a while so maybe it's been redone? We'll see.

i remember hear that too..  but don'[t remember if it was just a rumor or not.. anyone know for sure?  i agree with you though.. i think its a good song.. but would be awesome the new band revamped it.. like they did with chinese democracy
/
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: