Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Identity of leaker known...?!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Identity of leaker known...?!  (Read 44949 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2006, 12:11:12 PM »

the alternate version by"imsorry" is fan-made.
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2006, 12:15:47 PM »

Is it even known if there are indeed other tracks floating around out there?  I keep hearing rumors about Prostitute, The General, This I Love...
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2006, 12:31:23 PM »

the alternate version by"imsorry" is fan-made.

How did he make it? I've heard the fanmade one where somebody cut out the middle section and I can see how he could have added real drums but how did he rip the solo out and put it in a different place? If that's possible then surely it's possible to just remove the vocals to make the instrumentals

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2006, 01:34:13 PM »

He didn't add "real" drums.  Here's part of the text from his nfo file:

About the tracks i did lots of improvements since drum midi
programming to supply the laking of overheads also i did some
EQ/Comp/limiter to punchy it a little bit.And i did to
versions of Better hope u guys enjoy it.:?)

Seems like he said he added some drumming via MIDI.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2006, 06:13:58 PM »

Did Sanctuary take any action against the leaker or don't they know who it is?

Steel_Angel
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »

If i remember correctly.. i think "wes" said they contacted him and said he wasnt going to leak anymore tunes after that.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2006, 11:58:53 AM »

I'm going to keep this short and sweet since the topic is old and I was offline for a while.

Thus, he volunteered the information. Who cares if he was ASKED how many tracks there were, he CHOSE to give a statement. What the fuck do you think he was talking about when he made that statement? Another fucking CD? The entire article was about the IRS leak.

Again, it goes to how credible your opinion is.  You attribute context where there wasn't any, to try to shoehorn the comments into your "theory".

I interpret them, given his "()", as just what they are.  A parenthetical addition to a statment voluntairly given.  Not a response to any direct question, which would change the meaning, to some extent.  I don't try to interpret them in order to bolster a fantasy.

He chose to comment on the contents and number of tracks on the CD. Regardless of if he was asked a direct question, it holds relevance. "Bush: We had good info on Iraq. I think. ... but since I'm volunteering this, you can't question me on it later" - imagine how that would fly.

I believe he SHOULD remember TWAT. Yet he's never spoken of it. Which causes doubt to exist in my mind.
Again, you're assuming it was there, or that he'd want to give it a name, or that there wasn't an agreement preventing him from actually naming tracks on the CD, or 200 other reasons why.....speculating, once again.  And again.  And again.  And doing so simply to be able to bolster your "theory"....

My source, Mr. I's source both confirmed TWAT was there. Dark's source also believe TWAT was on the CD, dark posted that in this very thread. Now I have questioned dark's source, but I have no reason to believe TWAT *wasn't* on the CD. But yeah, it's speculation.

No, you want more info because....well, you do. I didn't need any more because...well, I didn't.  Remember, dark said he had a track list 3 years ago.  I talk to dark, regularly.  Put 2 and 2 together, and you have a pretty good idea of why I asked only the question that I did, and didn't ask about TWAT.

I want more info because I'm more likely to believe the simple scenario (tracks leaked from a known source) than the more complex one (multiple leaks), if only because security has been so tight over the years.

You are 100% correct! Bingo! I'm speculating!!!

Now, guess what? When you said "he can't say NO if he made an agreement" - I'm paraphrasing you this time - YOU ARE ALSO SPECULATING.
Again, no I'm not.  If you think so, lay out something that is an alternative to the situation I laid out.  It's a pretty easy logical construct to understand.  Hell, I held your hand all the way through it.  You've provided, not surprisingly, no evidence to contradict it.

You are 100% speculating when you claim to know what Trunk did or didn't agree to. There's no if's or maybe's about it, you DO NOT KNOW. Neither do I.

Your exact quote was:
"And has anyone considered that Trunk might be under a gag order as to what songs are out there?"

You called it a gag order.  You used the term.  If it's not what you meant, use a different term.  It's quite simple really: Say what you mean.

I've already answered this. It's common knowledge that it never went to court. Gag order is a term that people use in common speech to refer to all kinds of deals, not just an official legal term.

No, because I've laid out, logically, why it's true.  Provide an alternative to my logic, and I'll consider it.  But, so far, all you've done is rant.....and provide nothing but speculation.  No proof, no evidence, nothing.

Because your argument is logical, it's true? Your argument is speculation - you have no idea what Trunk may have agreed to. You have no proof, no evidence, no nothing yourself. The only credible thing you can say here is "I think."

No, I have a logical construct that covers all the reasonable bases.  You just don't like it.  Which isn't too surprising.....

I like it fine, but because something's logical does NOT make it true.

So, your supposition is that someone who trades on their reputation would agree to an outright lie, compromising their integrity, to "help out"?  That's your assertion?  Wow....that's just.....you don't really expect anyone to believe that, do you?

Telling someone Better was not on the CD would not compromise Trunk's integrity. You overestimate the public's interest in this; you also neglect the fact that if he did lie, OR was mistaken (and keep in mind I'm leaning to the latter), it would have been either under an agreement or simply due to the fact that he had very little time with the CD.

It's not a common phrase.  It's a very specific thing.  I guess I DO have to quote definitions for ya, huh?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gag%20order

Please don't tell me the crux of your argument rests on one or two enteries from dictionary.com.

I can do that equally well:

"A gag order is an order, sometimes a legal order by a court or government, other times a private order by an employer or other institution, restricting information or comment from being made public." - Wikipedia (you can check the edit history to ensure I didn't recently edit that).

Dictionaries are not always up-to-date, dictionary.com is not comprehensive, and they don't always note when words/phrases are used outside of their original, intended meaning (or when they do, it's often years after the phrase has been altered by public usage). Equally, Wikipedia is open to anyone's opinion - but clearly I'm not the only person who saw "gag order" as being something that might be beyond a legal order by a judge.

You're right, no one asked him names, but they did ask him for descriptions. You'd think he might volunteer the names if he could. Speculation, again, but it's got merit.

It has merit? How so.  It's rampant and unfounded.  It has no merit, unless you're somehow psychic.

Funny, your claim that you know what Trunk agreed to sounds awfully similar.

Public statements which have nothing to do with this situation, directly.  Shaky, at best.  Ludicrous, at worst.

Talking about the content and number of tracks has everything to do if this situation, whether you like it or not.

"I don't know them".  Again, if you meant "I don't know them, personally", maybe that's what you should have said.  "I don't know them" gives the distinct impression  you don't know who they are.

Since they were posting in this thread, I assumed it would be obvious that I knew of them. Especially since I have already communicated with dark in this thread - and you MUST be aware of it, because I referred to that in a post to YOU.

You clearly you either weren't aware of it, or had forgot - either way, it's no fault of mine.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2006, 12:07:48 PM »

Except, once again, your opinion on his response is irrelevant.  You can't prove him wrong.  You can't prove he's being disingenious.  You can't prove he's lying.  You can rampantly speculate all those things, with no basis for it, and for reasons unknown, but you can't prove it.  Period.

Again, you're stating the obvious. I cannot prove it. I have a theory.

Prosecutors also could not prove OJ guilty Wink.

Oh, and there IS basis for it.

Eddie's statements on other issues don't have much relevance here IMO. Is he a respected radio personality? Yes. But I don't take his word over others just because of it, nor does it make him infallable.
Really?  So past behavior isn't any sort of predictor of future behavior?  Looking at quotes, in relation to other items, has no bearing on his current words?

Past comments about the issue at hand hold bearing. Past comments on unrelated issues do not IMO. Find me a situation Trunk has been in similar to this. But being a good DJ and knowing music history doesn't make his memory of a CD he skimmed just once possibly any better. It doesn't make it impossible that he missed or misidentified a track.
So you admit you know basically nothing about him.  That speaks volumes....

No, I put faith in the fact he's Eddie Trunk.  Knowing what I know about him.....it's NOT JUST the fact he's a public figure.  Way to take THAT quote out of context...

You sound a little starstruck here.

The fact that he is Eddie Trunk doesn't mean he can't have missed a track in the short time he had the CD. It doesn't mean he couldn't have just skimmed the CD and, three years later, misidentified something.

Again. Was Eddie talking about Pink elephants? No, he was talking about the leak.
No, but he wasn't answering a direct question either.

The fact that he wasn't answering a direct question is wholly irrelevant since he chose to address the issue.

The "proof" is in the public statements. It's public statements vs. your Trunk email. And some sources going both ways. Could I be wrong? Yup. Could you be wrong? Yup.
So, like I said, no proof.  Because the public statements aren't specifically about this issue.  At all.  So they don't really prove anything.

So you fault the articles for not specifically asking about a track whose title wasn't known at the time?  They remain the best source of info on the subject, since they are the ONLY statements on record in the public realm.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2006, 12:28:31 PM »

I'd go through and dissect (and there's a whole lot more wrongheadedness there to dissect...), but I, for one, am bored.? And tired of chasing my tail over such an obvious issue.

So let's sum up.

You choose to believe unfounded, rampant speculation over Trunk himself.

Fair enough.

I think that provides more than enough context to the entire discussion.....

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:50:14 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2006, 02:30:43 PM »

I'm going to keep this short and sweet since the topic is old and I was offline for a while.

Thus, he volunteered the information. Who cares if he was ASKED how many tracks there were, he CHOSE to give a statement. What the fuck do you think he was talking about when he made that statement? Another fucking CD? The entire article was about the IRS leak.

Again, it goes to how credible your opinion is.? You attribute context where there wasn't any, to try to shoehorn the comments into your "theory".

I interpret them, given his "()", as just what they are.? A parenthetical addition to a statment voluntairly given.? Not a response to any direct question, which would change the meaning, to some extent.? I don't try to interpret them in order to bolster a fantasy.

He chose to comment on the contents and number of tracks on the CD. Regardless of if he was asked a direct question, it holds relevance. "Bush: We had good info on Iraq. I think. ... but since I'm volunteering this, you can't question me on it later" - imagine how that would fly.

I believe he SHOULD remember TWAT. Yet he's never spoken of it. Which causes doubt to exist in my mind.
Again, you're assuming it was there, or that he'd want to give it a name, or that there wasn't an agreement preventing him from actually naming tracks on the CD, or 200 other reasons why.....speculating, once again.? And again.? And again.? And doing so simply to be able to bolster your "theory"....

My source, Mr. I's source both confirmed TWAT was there. Dark's source also believe TWAT was on the CD, dark posted that in this very thread. Now I have questioned dark's source, but I have no reason to believe TWAT *wasn't* on the CD. But yeah, it's speculation.

No, you want more info because....well, you do. I didn't need any more because...well, I didn't.? Remember, dark said he had a track list 3 years ago.? I talk to dark, regularly.? Put 2 and 2 together, and you have a pretty good idea of why I asked only the question that I did, and didn't ask about TWAT.

I want more info because I'm more likely to believe the simple scenario (tracks leaked from a known source) than the more complex one (multiple leaks), if only because security has been so tight over the years.

You are 100% correct! Bingo! I'm speculating!!!

Now, guess what? When you said "he can't say NO if he made an agreement" - I'm paraphrasing you this time - YOU ARE ALSO SPECULATING.
Again, no I'm not.? If you think so, lay out something that is an alternative to the situation I laid out.? It's a pretty easy logical construct to understand.? Hell, I held your hand all the way through it.? You've provided, not surprisingly, no evidence to contradict it.

You are 100% speculating when you claim to know what Trunk did or didn't agree to. There's no if's or maybe's about it, you DO NOT KNOW. Neither do I.

Your exact quote was:
"And has anyone considered that Trunk might be under a gag order as to what songs are out there?"

You called it a gag order.? You used the term.? If it's not what you meant, use a different term.? It's quite simple really: Say what you mean.

I've already answered this. It's common knowledge that it never went to court. Gag order is a term that people use in common speech to refer to all kinds of deals, not just an official legal term.

No, because I've laid out, logically, why it's true.? Provide an alternative to my logic, and I'll consider it.? But, so far, all you've done is rant.....and provide nothing but speculation.? No proof, no evidence, nothing.

Because your argument is logical, it's true? Your argument is speculation - you have no idea what Trunk may have agreed to. You have no proof, no evidence, no nothing yourself. The only credible thing you can say here is "I think."

No, I have a logical construct that covers all the reasonable bases.? You just don't like it.? Which isn't too surprising.....

I like it fine, but because something's logical does NOT make it true.

So, your supposition is that someone who trades on their reputation would agree to an outright lie, compromising their integrity, to "help out"?? That's your assertion?? Wow....that's just.....you don't really expect anyone to believe that, do you?

Telling someone Better was not on the CD would not compromise Trunk's integrity. You overestimate the public's interest in this; you also neglect the fact that if he did lie, OR was mistaken (and keep in mind I'm leaning to the latter), it would have been either under an agreement or simply due to the fact that he had very little time with the CD.

It's not a common phrase.? It's a very specific thing.? I guess I DO have to quote definitions for ya, huh?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gag%20order

Please don't tell me the crux of your argument rests on one or two enteries from dictionary.com.

I can do that equally well:

"A gag order is an order, sometimes a legal order by a court or government, other times a private order by an employer or other institution, restricting information or comment from being made public." - Wikipedia (you can check the edit history to ensure I didn't recently edit that).

Dictionaries are not always up-to-date, dictionary.com is not comprehensive, and they don't always note when words/phrases are used outside of their original, intended meaning (or when they do, it's often years after the phrase has been altered by public usage). Equally, Wikipedia is open to anyone's opinion - but clearly I'm not the only person who saw "gag order" as being something that might be beyond a legal order by a judge.

You're right, no one asked him names, but they did ask him for descriptions. You'd think he might volunteer the names if he could. Speculation, again, but it's got merit.

It has merit? How so.? It's rampant and unfounded.? It has no merit, unless you're somehow psychic.

Funny, your claim that you know what Trunk agreed to sounds awfully similar.

Public statements which have nothing to do with this situation, directly.? Shaky, at best.? Ludicrous, at worst.

Talking about the content and number of tracks has everything to do if this situation, whether you like it or not.

"I don't know them".? Again, if you meant "I don't know them, personally", maybe that's what you should have said.? "I don't know them" gives the distinct impression? you don't know who they are.

Since they were posting in this thread, I assumed it would be obvious that I knew of them. Especially since I have already communicated with dark in this thread - and you MUST be aware of it, because I referred to that in a post to YOU.

You clearly you either weren't aware of it, or had forgot - either way, it's no fault of mine.

"I'm going to keep this short and sweet"

How in the hell is that short and sweet?

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2006, 02:36:03 PM »

Kinda reminds me of when Weiland said:
Quote from: Scott Weiland
I think I'll resist the urge to 'stoop' to your level.

peace
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:38:08 PM by Backslash » Logged

GNRevolution... the missing link.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2006, 02:49:45 PM »

He didn't add "real" drums.? Here's part of the text from his nfo file:

About the tracks i did lots of improvements since drum midi
programming to supply the laking of overheads also i did some
EQ/Comp/limiter to punchy it a little bit.And i did to
versions of Better hope u guys enjoy it.:?)

Seems like he said he added some drumming via MIDI.

-darknemus

... to be honest, I'd rather fans did not mess with the tracks.

If someone adds something to it, or takes it away, it stops being Guns N Roses. It becomes a hybrid, which I don't wanna hear.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2006, 03:36:55 PM »

Just drop it for now.

I don't read the whole convo but I'm with kyrie. That doesn't mean I distrust pilferk or I'm certain of whatever about the leak but simply I'm yet to rule out the possibility. Maybe it's a totally different disc from the piazza one, maybe not.
I do appreciate the info. Thanks a lot.

I'm fed up with the ppl who doggedly try to force their judgement on others. They typically end up giving part of their debate to personal remarks to boots.

Your Winning or losing in a debate makes no difference to the truth. 
Enough is enough.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: