Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:23:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who was/is the bigger band--GNR or ACDC?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who was/is the bigger band--GNR or ACDC?  (Read 34474 times)
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »

I think AC/DC are bigger on the grounds that Guns n'Roses broke up over 10 years ago. Guns n'Roses don't exist anymore. There is an Axl & Co. band, but it's not Guns n'Roses  hihi

The only member left of Guns n'Roses is a single rose, the other roses and guns have long departed.

So GnR wasn't GnR, when AFD came out? It was just Axl & Co? rofl

For me the AFD era was the true GnR line up. Axl Slash Duff Adler Izzy are GnR. Adlers departure was the begining of the end of GnR. Matt and Gilbey arrived as hired guns, and even the hired guns have gone their own ways. The new GnR is Axl. Can you imagine if Duff set up his own band and called it Guns N'Roses, can you imagine if Slash set up his own band and called it Guns N'Roses. If wouldn't be Guns N'Roses, it would Slash or Duff in a new band with new members  Grin

You said the only member left, which refers to the only member left of the original band. The AFD era didn't have the original line up. Roll Eyes Tongue hihi If we can go saying that new members were the true GnR, then I guess these new members, once they prove theirself with great music will be the true GnR. Wink
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 01:16:06 AM by HungerForChaos » Logged
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2006, 03:36:43 AM »

How so?  W/out the strength of AFD or UYI, do you really think any label would wait 15 years for an album? 
The only artist I know of that had a bigger career after his original band broke up was Ozzy.  Plant and Page never came close to equaling the success they had together as solo artists.  Slash, Duff, and Izzy neither.  I think Axl will find the same thing.  I like three of the 10 songs I've heard from this version of GnR (IRS, TWAT, and BETTER) none of which I like better than my favorites from the original band

The point I made was that due to GNR fame, the members have all had pretty much an equal opportunity to create quality music after their departure. Prior to that it was a game of chance for everyone despite their talent.

And in case you missed another key point, let me clarify. I AM NOT COMPARING THE CURRENT LINE-UP TO THE OLD ONE. I'm merely trying to point out that IMO the material Axl has let us hear so far is superior to anything the various bands with the ex-members have released (still not comparing to '87-'94 GNR). This implies that Axl has always been the most important figure in GNR. He is the irreplaceable one. VR would be GNR with the three UYI era members, but Scott isn't Axl, not by a long shot. And therefore, IMO, the material released by VR is clearly inferior to all incarnations of GNR. That is my logical conclusion.

In a nutshell:

Everyone else has produced crap (at least compared to the quality of the vintage material) except Axl (no my World jokes here).
shaun
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2006, 05:57:06 AM »

How so?  W/out the strength of AFD or UYI, do you really think any label would wait 15 years for an album? 
The only artist I know of that had a bigger career after his original band broke up was Ozzy.  Plant and Page never came close to equaling the success they had together as solo artists.  Slash, Duff, and Izzy neither.  I think Axl will find the same thing.  I like three of the 10 songs I've heard from this version of GnR (IRS, TWAT, and BETTER) none of which I like better than my favorites from the original band

The point I made was that due to GNR fame, the members have all had pretty much an equal opportunity to create quality music after their departure. Prior to that it was a game of chance for everyone despite their talent.

And in case you missed another key point, let me clarify. I AM NOT COMPARING THE CURRENT LINE-UP TO THE OLD ONE. I'm merely trying to point out that IMO the material Axl has let us hear so far is superior to anything the various bands with the ex-members have released (still not comparing to '87-'94 GNR). This implies that Axl has always been the most important figure in GNR. He is the irreplaceable one. VR would be GNR with the three UYI era members, but Scott isn't Axl, not by a long shot. And therefore, IMO, the material released by VR is clearly inferior to all incarnations of GNR. That is my logical conclusion.

In a nutshell:

Everyone else has produced crap (at least compared to the quality of the vintage material) except Axl (no my World jokes here).

VR have not created any tunes that compare to anything on AFD. The new GnR (Axl+Co.) music is more interesting than anything VR have produced. Having said that, from what i have heard of the new GnR material, they have not produced anything as good as AFD either  Smiley

...on that note maybe Izzy is Guns N'Roses Grin ...and not Axl
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 07:23:57 AM by D0badog » Logged
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2006, 08:01:55 AM »

he might mean like the stuff that is leked so far.

If that's the case, how many people are members of this board?  and other GnR related boards?  there the only ones that care about GnR nowadays
sandman
Legend

« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2006, 08:45:41 AM »

bigger - ACDC.
and you really can't argue this.

better - GnR.
and i know this is just an opinion, but looking at it with an open and unbiased mind, GnR are clearly the better band.

which GnR are you calling better; the current GnR never put out an album hihi rofl
and your comparing them to AC/DC

get a grip

so since the current lineup never put out an album, i think it's obvious which one i'm talking about.

when you consider the diversity of GnR - from WTTJ to NR to it's so easy to Patience - ACDC doesn't even come close.

can you imagine them writing a song like SCOM? do they have any song as good as WTTJ? i say no way.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2006, 11:45:35 AM »

I like both bands!!!
Ac-dc have a longer carier so they sold more albums but i think gnr in their "goleden era" were bigger than ac-dc ever!!!

Both bands are amazing

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: