Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:57:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228020 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Cheapest Best sounding guitar setup?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheapest Best sounding guitar setup?  (Read 3296 times)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« on: March 19, 2006, 02:23:56 PM »

i'd really appreciate some advice on a guitar setup which is somewhat cheap but sounds fairly decent..

right now i'm still learning the guitar and i use an Epiphone Les Paul 100 model guitar and a shitty 10watt marshall amp.. total came to abotu $380

i plan on changing my gear by the end of the summer.. any suggestion?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 02:44:22 PM »

i'd really appreciate some advice on a guitar setup which is somewhat cheap but sounds fairly decent..

right now i'm still learning the guitar and i use an Epiphone Les Paul 100 model guitar and a shitty 10watt marshall amp.. total came to abotu $380

Get a tube amp. Tubes will help when used in tandem with overdrive or a distortion pedal.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 02:47:40 PM »

Get a tube amp. Tubes will help when used in tandem with overdrive or a distortion pedal.

what's a tube amp?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 10:00:07 PM »

what's a tube amp?

An amp that uses vacuum/electron tubes for amplification and not just transistor circuitry. Go for the Epiphone Valve Junior. It's a tube amp and it's cheap.

Fuck 'Em All.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 12:06:41 PM »

Go acoustic.  Trust me, you'll be glad you did.   Wink

GNRevolution... the missing link.
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 04:29:46 PM »

well it all depends how much you wanna spend and how good you wanna sound

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 07:10:13 PM »

www.rondomusic.net

The very best in cheap guitars.? I use one of the LP copies as my primary axe.? The pickups are ok.? I upgraded mine though.

www.randallamplifiers.com

Great solid-state for the hard-working musician.? I have the RH200 head and I'm pretty happy with the tone I get.

If you're looking for tube amps, www.b-52pro.com? I've heard good things from this company.? Very competitive price.

One thing I learned through the years is try not to come down with the virus "headstockidous".? In other words: "Don't think you need to have the best equipment to have a good sound". Some musicians will look at you funny if you play an LP copy instead of an LP and that you have to have expensive tube amps instead of solid state.? Not everyone can afford that stuff.? ?Remember tone lies in the fingers, not the equipment.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:14:15 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 07:09:24 AM »

hes got it. I do suffer from the headstock thing as i am buying an LP soon but i would prefer a gibson looking headstock (im looking at tokais) or if i have to an epiphone. Some good tube amps are peavey's Valveking series. I have the 212 that costed me just under 600. The 112 is about 340 or so (might be wrong). As far as guitars epiphones are pretty good guitars. Ebay is your friend.

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 08:30:08 AM »

I'd go for a used marshall (jcm 800 or jcm 900 combo)

about guitars i'd pick an ibanez RG...

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

hes got it. I do suffer from the headstock thing as i am buying an LP soon but i would prefer a gibson looking headstock (im looking at tokais) or if i have to an epiphone. Some good tube amps are peavey's Valveking series. I have the 212 that costed me just under 600. The 112 is about 340 or so (might be wrong). As far as guitars epiphones are pretty good guitars. Ebay is your friend.

Nah you don't have headstockidous.  If you can afford an LP, then by all means go for it.  If I had the money you're damn right I would buy one.  What I meant was if you don't have the money, there are good substitutes to find a good sound and don't let other musicians tell you differently.  Theres nothing wrong with buying off-brand.  But if you got the funds, then hell yea get that Marshall or LP or whatever. ok

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »

i just dont like the look of the epis but if i dont sell my les paul custom soon i wont be able ot get a tokai (hint)

conny
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 06:45:43 PM »

The best low budget guitar is the SQUIER TELECASTER CUSTOM II, the one with the Duncan P-90's. This guitar has more tone and soul than any Epiphone Les Paul I've ever heard.
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 09:58:04 PM »

i just purchased a beringher v-ampire and i love it. a lot of people told me that good equitment doesnt make you a good guitarist....the day after i bought this amp i was playing coma, and before hand i couldnt even play used to love her correctly.
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 10:01:14 PM »

i just purchased a beringher v-ampire and i love it. a lot of people told me that good equitment doesnt make you a good guitarist....the day after i bought this amp i was playing coma, and before hand i couldnt even play used to love her correctly.

no no no. good equipment gives you confidenc, not skill.  Tongue

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: