Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:53:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck (what is he like?)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck (what is he like?)  (Read 1078 times)
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 20, 2006, 10:38:25 AM »

I have been viewing loads of GNR bootlegs of new band in anticipation of new album/tour.  One thing I noticed was that robin makes mistakes in every solo he plays...usually really obvious ones as well! it doesnt seem to bother him much as he does it over and over again.  I cant imagine Fortus doing this as he is from a technical background and seems to be very precise player.  Dont get me wrong, I love the way robin has loads of soul in his playing, but if it were me I would have them solos nailed.  Maybe it is again down to his background, NIN are great but dont have lots of lead guitar in GNR style. 

From what I have seen from all the new guys all very different...buckhead - very technical but not very interesting (no vibrato and no soul), Robin - not very technical but makes up for it in soul, Fortus - seems to have both technical ability and soul from what Ive seen (should be new GNR lead guitarist and hopefully has re-recorded buckets parts which sound out of date and out of place), Paul Huge - didnt seem technical or soulful, basically as bedroom player (solos in rocket queen and think about you RIR3 -  less said the better)

Any views?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »

One thing I noticed was that robin makes mistakes in every solo he plays...

I hear clintron coming nervous
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 10:47:27 AM »

There are tons of threads about Robin and his playing. Please use the search function.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: