Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "You will have to wait and see" - Merck
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "You will have to wait and see" - Merck  (Read 18872 times)
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2006, 09:48:31 AM »

I believe Merck said this because, HE TOO, is going to have to wait and see.

No offence to Merck, we all know who he manages, and whatever finally happens probably will be a bit of a surprise to him, as well.

Behold, the evil that men do...
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2006, 09:52:42 AM »

Can someone PM me Mercks E-Address, I want to ask him some things

lol, hes probably fed up with hearing everything

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2006, 09:56:52 AM »

Merck Meningitis is just as clueless as everyone else.  He's just another puppet.

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »

merck and gnr management are a buch of douchebags...what is wrong with these assholes?? is it so hard to at least just make a statement regarding the tour?... a tour which has ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED BY EVERONE......EXCEPT THE ACTUAL BAND!!!!!
what a crock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2006, 10:15:23 AM »

He took time to reply to an e-mail and that makes him a joke? If he hadn't replied he would've been an asshole instead..... Right?

Personally, I'd rather just have him not respond at all.

Merck may be a great guy behind the scenes, but he sucks giant donkey cock when it comes to PR.

He responded to an e-mail.

How happy would you be if your e-mail was posted on message boards and you were bring labeled an asshole for being nice enough to reply?

It's not a fucking statement from management and yet some of you are making it sound like he made some big announcement that wasn't good enough!

merck and gnr management are a buch of douchebags...what is wrong with these assholes?  is it so hard to at least just make a statement regarding the tour?... a tour which has ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED BY EVERONE......EXCEPT THE ACTUAL BAND!!!!!
what a crock

Oh right. You think they make announcements for fun when they're not supposed to?

Why do you need a statement when you yourself point out that it's been confirmed?

There could be an announcement listing the tour dates today and what would you say then? "Is this it? Those assholes told us what we already know! Fuck them!"...  Roll Eyes

As always, there'll be an announcement once there's something to announce.

The tour has been promoted and announced by the local promoters. It seems like a lot of people are actually aware of the tour and are buying tickets without management posting announcements all over the place.  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2006, 10:18:18 AM »

He took time to reply to an e-mail and that makes him a joke? If he hadn't replied he would've been an asshole instead..... Right?

Personally, I'd rather just have him not respond at all.

Merck may be a great guy behind the scenes, but he sucks giant donkey cock when it comes to PR.

He responded to an e-mail.

How happy would you be if your e-mail was posted on message boards and you were bring labeled an asshole for being nice enough to reply?

It's not a fucking statement from management and yet some of you are making it sound like he made some big announcement that wasn't good enough!

merck and gnr management are a buch of douchebags...what is wrong with these assholes?? is it so hard to at least just make a statement regarding the tour?... a tour which has ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED BY EVERONE......EXCEPT THE ACTUAL BAND!!!!!
what a crock

Oh right. You think they make announcements for fun when they're not supposed to?

Why do you need a statement when you yourself point out that it's been confirmed?

There could be an announcement listing the tour dates today and what would you say then? "Is this it? Those assholes told us what we already know! Fuck them!"...? Roll Eyes

The tour has been promoted and announced by the local promoters. It seems like a lot of people are actually aware of the tour and are buying tickets without management posting announcements all over the place.? Shocked

/jarmo

Jarmo = Merck  Grin

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2006, 10:26:25 AM »

Jarmo = Merck Grin

Merck = manager

Me (and most people posting here) = not manager

It's really easy to criticise things you have no idea about.

Have people here ever thought about the possibility that GN'R doesn't work like your regular bands and that might have something to do with the fact that there's no announcements every other week?

Some of you might not even remember how the August 2002 tour was announced. Go find out before you continue whining, you might be surprised when you find out the date the press release arrived.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2006, 10:28:04 AM »

Jarmo, you mean Axl doesn't work like other bands....let's get to the root of the problem. Merck simply does what his client (Axl) wants. Blaming Merck is simply ridiculous and misdirected anger. End of discussion. rant
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2006, 10:38:54 AM »

Maybe that explains why we don't get press releases about everything? Because the band doesn't want to do that.

But instead we have certain people whining about Merck and Sanctuary not knowing how to do their job...  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2006, 10:39:16 AM »

Can someone PM me Axl`s E-Address, I want to ask him some things

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2006, 10:40:36 AM »

Jarmo, you mean Axl doesn't work like other bands....let's get to the root of the problem. Merck simply does what his client (Axl) wants. Blaming Merck is simply ridiculous and misdirected anger. End of discussion. rant

grab the torches and pitchforks and get axl rant
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2006, 10:43:34 AM »

The root of the problem is, in this case, the fans who fail to take GN'R for what it is. You'd think that by now people would have learned. What happens happens. It's so simple it hurts.

Merck, GN'R , ?Axl, CD: these people/things have no effect on my life. Sure, I want the CD as much as the next guy, but it's not like I'm holding my breath, counting the seconds until the next press release. It happens when it happens, everything inbetween is called life and shouldn't really be affected by it.

But that's just me...
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2006, 10:45:05 AM »

Can people fucking stop whining! We have a tour coming up, and there will be answers.
Come on. Go to work, grab a keg of beer, go out, have a good time. Enjoy your lives.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2006, 10:46:27 AM »

Can someone PM me Axl`s E-Address, I want to ask him some things

No he told me not to Smiley

didn`t he want to give you merck?s? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2006, 10:53:49 AM »

Some of you might not even remember how the August 2002 tour was announced. Go find out before you continue whining, you might be surprised when you find out the date the press release arrived.

/jarmo

Please tell Jarmo HuhHuh??
I wasn't even a Guns-fan back in '02, please tell about it Jarmo Smiley
WARose
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2006, 11:04:43 AM »

/jarmo

Please tell Jarmo HuhHuh??
I wasn't even a Guns-fan back in '02, please tell about it Jarmo Smiley

the press release arrived one day before the tour started or even the day the tour started.....   i`m not sure right now

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2006, 11:09:34 AM »

There could be an announcement listing the tour dates today and what would you say then? "Is this it? Those assholes told us what we already know! Fuck them!"...? Roll Eyes

The tour has been promoted and announced by the local promoters. It seems like a lot of people are actually aware of the tour and are buying tickets without management posting announcements all over the place.? Shocked

/jarmo

My guess as to why people would want an "official" announcement regarding these concert dates is is what happened back in 2001 when Axl was unaware that he was supposed to be on tour, and alot of dates were cancelled and alot of fans were dissappointed.

I don't know all the specifics as to who said and knew what and wont pretend to.

However, my guess would be, here in 2006, some people are a bit reluctant to get excited or buy tickets to a GnR show that has yet to be officiallly announced / confirmed by Axl Rose or his management group, even though they've been confirmed by the venue.

Perhaps a statement from Axl or his management group would alleviate some of the anxiety about whether or not to buy tickets to the show, as their is a past history with cancelled cancert dates.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »

Yeah, it's horrible since nothing they do will please a few of you.

You'll always find something to whine about.

/jarmo

With all due respect Jarmo I do not agree. ?That Merck replied to this email is a VERY NICE gesture from him. ?Believe me I respect him for that. ?What I think he is doing wrong though is managing GNR. ?Let's face it, Axl has been away for a really long time. ?The fact that he and the band will tour this summer is GIGANTIC news. ?I am saying that they should've made a press release and perhaps a press conference announcing those dates. ?And if there were still some dates to confirm they could've said that more dates would be announced shortly. ?Also during that statement and or press conference they could've confirmed the lineup of the band and announce their website. ?Now we have no official statement and no official website. ?We have no clue of who's in and who's out and for all we know they could end up not showing up to the shows because they actually never made it official. ?

I am not saying that Merck is all bad as a manager. ?The fact that he got that job must mean that he's good at it to some extent. ?But so far he is really missing the boat as far as GNR is concerned. ?Does that make him a bad person? ?Absolutely not. ?Does that make him a bad manager? ?Not necessarily. ?Would we make a better job? ?I can't talk for the others, but I can say that on most of the aspects of managing a band I have zero training or ?knowledge, so I don't think I'd be cut out for it. ?But as far as PR is concerned for this tour. ?It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they are not doing a fantastic job.

As far as the fans whining. ?There will always be whiners. ?That can't be avoided no matter what. ?But if GNR made an announcement confirming the tour and the lineup well that would please the fans for a while. ?Sure some would complain that there is no announcement about the album, but as long as they say that an announcement for that would be made surely, they are covering their grounds. ?At least we'd know that the ball is really rolling. ?I know that in theory it is best for you to stand up for Merck but you got to understand the fans frustrations and pretending that all is great will not fix the problem. ?
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2006, 11:14:26 AM »

And let's not forget we have people whining about other people's whining.

Perhaps a change of topic will get this thread deleted, because I'm easily amused, and that would amuse me.

MAJOR AXL ROSE NEWS!!!

As reported earlier by a fan posing as Axl's soap, he was seen recently, some time in the last month, going into his bathroom. Rumour has it, once running water was heard, he may or may not have taken a shower.

Now that it's been mentioned, I feel it's my duty to let you all in on the truth.

Jarmo isn't Merck. He's Slash.

WOW!! BET YA DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMIN', DID YA!!

Have you ever wondered why you don't see Slash and Jarmo on the same message board? Well, now you know.

Now everyone shut the fuck up, and Jarmo/Slash, start bustin' out some Sweet Child O' Mine. I've got the lighter ready to go.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2006, 11:16:37 AM »

the press release arrived one day before the tour started or even the day the tour started.....? ?i`m not sure right now

That may explain why there were so many empty seats at some of the venues.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the idea of a concert was to play in front of people.    Of course, Merck didn't become GnR's Manager till 2004 so we can't lay the blame on him. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: