Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:13:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Possibly) First "Review" of Chinese Democracy - Sort of!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Possibly) First "Review" of Chinese Democracy - Sort of!  (Read 49938 times)
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: April 13, 2006, 02:24:14 PM »

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=773321&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

"Thing is, I have now heard it. Held a copy in my hand, artwork intact, and listened to it start to finish. I?ve got to tell you, it?s good. It was loaned to me by a family member of someone, (truly all I can say so no one gets in trouble as it was never to be out of this person?s sight).

I?m not talking about comparisons to Appetite, that would be apples and oranges, but a more solid effort that Use Your Illusions 1 or 2. By way of comparison, it makes anything Velvet Revolver did, or will ever do, sound like just another Slash?s Snakepit album. Remember when V.R. was going to save rock? Didn?t happen, but Democracy may just succeed where they failed. When this comes out, Slash and co. are going to be veiwed as throwbacks, and after hearing this I honestly wouldn?t want a classic Guns reunion.

Without giving too much away, and knowing that some of you have heard some tracks, this thing is going to do well. In my opinion, there are songs that are going to blow you away, (if you let them). Soundwise it is well recorded, and mixed to be played loud, (and why not). The songs are interesting with some filler, but not much. Forget about Axl being Industial, or Emo, he?s just being Axl. The band sound great and fit as GnR 2006 to a T. So much so, that when this comes out, people are going to say, ?Slash, Duff, and Andy McCoy?er, I mean Izzy who??

This band IS Guns and Roses, and Guns and Roses are going to be big in 2006 and beyond. Chinese Democracy is going to be as remembered as Appetite For Destruction, and will leave a legacy in pop music as well as pop culture.

Thank you for your time. Let the insults and disagreements fly."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 02:48:31 PM by gigger » Logged
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

Interesting. I find the whole cover art thing hard to believe. You think he would have described the art, or maybe a song in detail, maybe drop a name... bogus.

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 02:30:01 PM »

Well Gigger, if this is true........ then i fear and kind of hope that its only a matter of time before a copy leaks onto the internet!

The only thing that makes me suspicious of this is the fact that he didnt go into detail at all, no tracklisting, no descriptions of any songs....... im only thinking its true because the Rope forums are in my books considered to be pretty reliable and a decent forum!

Jonx
Origen
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 02:32:15 PM »

Sounds like BS, just someone else trying to take a pot shot at the original band ?Roll Eyes
Steel_Angel
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 02:32:39 PM »

Not believing it until I get a copy, son.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 02:33:24 PM »

Just to clarify... I didn't write this - I read it at another forum and copied here.  ok
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 02:33:53 PM »

fortus says that it's coming in september and this guy says it's done, including artwork. then why aren't they putting it out there??
i think it's bs

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 02:34:23 PM »

Chinese Democracy tracks are still yet to be mastered.... he didn't hear any official Chinese Democracy disc.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 02:34:46 PM »

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=773321&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

I?m not talking about comparisons to Appetite, that would be apples and oranges, but a more solid effort that Use Your Illusions 1 or 2. By way of comparison, it makes anything Velvet Revolver did, or will ever do, sound like just another Slash?s Snakepit album. Remember when V.R. was going to save rock? Didn?t happen, but Democracy may just succeed where they failed. When this comes out, Slash and co. are going to be veiwed as throwbacks, and after hearing this I honestly wouldn?t want a classic Guns reunion.

Hell yeah!!!!!! ? Cheesy
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »

Hell yeah!!!!!! ? Cheesy

This isn't real. Sorry.  Cry

Steel_Angel
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »

the artwork thing must be fake.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 02:37:44 PM »

Hell yeah!!!!!! ? Cheesy

This isn't real. Sorry.

Hell no!!!!! ?Roll Eyes
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 02:37:53 PM »

too vague ?smoking

smells like bs

homo homini lupus...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 02:38:29 PM »

Hell yeah!!!!!! ? Cheesy

This isn't real. Sorry.

Any real review that is of the official disc would most likely give a tracklisting and details of a few of the tracks which may include lyrics/descriptions of a guitar solo/cool drum beat/synth... this review is obviously a sham just by looking at it. Factor in that no tracks have even hit mastering and you have one big pile of shit........
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 02:40:01 PM »

Hell yeah!!!!!! ? Cheesy

This isn't real. Sorry.

Any real review that is of the official disc would most likely give a tracklisting and details of a few of the tracks which may include lyrics/descriptions of a guitar solo/cool drum beat/synth... this review is obviously a sham just by looking at it. Factor in that no tracks have even hit mastering and you have one big pile of shit........

It wasn't written as a review... Just a post saying he has heard it. My wording was slightly tongue in cheek - obviously lost on some people.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 02:43:01 PM »

Factor in that no tracks have even hit mastering and you have one big pile of shit........

Just curious as to how you know that, Mr. I....

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

Hell yeah!!!!!! ? Cheesy

This isn't real. Sorry.

It wasn't written as a review... Just a post saying he has heard it. My wording was slightly tongue in cheek - obviously lost on some people.

Well, I mean if he has "heard" more than we have and he states that he has seen the "artwork", it sounds like he is trying to say that he's held an official copy of Chinese Democracy we are going to get in his hand. Furthermore, he states its made to be turned up loud or whatever and as per a few days ago I can tell you that no Chinese Democracy tracks have been mastered. Chinese Democracy will be mastered, reproduced and distributed quickly.... it's not gonna be mastered, then have 50-100 discs get passed around a inner cirle increasing the chance for a full leak.. no fucking way. That review is bullshit, unless he is just going by the 8-10 new tracks we have heard from live recordings/demos/ and "oh my god."
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »

I say bullshit.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 02:46:39 PM »

fortus says that it's coming in september and this guy says it's done, including artwork. then why aren't they putting it out there??

That doesn't sound so far fetched, there are things like record company schedules to contend with. I doubt the whole company is sitting around waiting for CD to be done, and there are plenty of releases that are definitely coming out that need attention and already have promotion money/interview and magazine coverage/etc. already lined up.

The next few months are probably going to be spent allocating money to promotion and getting press coverage set up. That stuff takes time.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »

hmm, no track list, no describing artwork...hard to believe...but vague enough to be believable...

Who knows anymore what is real and what is fake....one thing is for sure...If i got my hands on an advance copy it's be in my CDROM and ripped in a blink...before i listened to it, and the jewelcase insterst and cd booklet would be scanned asafp.

But that's just me i guess. ?Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: