Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:05:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Underage Girls in Bars (I need your thoughts)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Underage Girls in Bars (I need your thoughts)  (Read 5259 times)
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« on: April 17, 2006, 06:42:46 PM »

Hi, I'm doing a project for my college class about how many bars allow underage girls (18,19,20...) into bars rather than guys.  They often do this to make their bar seem hipper and sexier, therefore attracted more guys.  By allowing underage girls in, many ethical issues are raised.

I am posting to ask you what you think these ethical issues are and what your thoughts on them are.  I will be using your responses has "survey data" in my project.  Have a good disscusion!

Thanks!
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 06:54:18 PM »

Well i'm from England, so our legal age is 18.  Still, that doesn't stop places from letting in 15, 16 and 17 year olds - although they have started IDing people more now.

I can't believe 20 year olds aren't allowed in bars in America.  What a crappy country! rofl
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:00:40 PM »

Yeah, you have to be 21 in this country. I've almost reached that point. Soon is defin. the word.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:21:15 PM by Markus Asraelius » Logged
SuperMike
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 07:05:06 PM »

Eh, I think its retarded. The idea of letting ONLY underage girls go to bars seem like it's lacking equality.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:07:29 PM »

I guess it's all who you know. ?Hell I was playing in bands at bars when I was 14 and they paid us in beer. hihi ?When I hit the bars these days I still see girls 18 and up, I guess they have fake IDs.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 07:13:36 PM »

Yeah, here in Canada (well this province at least) the legal age is 19... I've seen girls in bars as young as 15 and 16.  Girls get in by flirting with the bouncers, it's pretty simple.  It doesn't work for all the bouncers around here (I was a hard-ass bouncer, hehe) but the girls have an easier time getting in without an ID.  They show a bit of skin and they're in.  Meanwhile, guys who are underage might find it a little difficult getting in, unless they have reasonably good fake IDs.  I've never had a problem though, I was an early bloomer and have been in and out of bars since I was 16, without an ID.  It's funny... I get IDed more now and I'm 21... I think that's only because they're cracking down on it since police raids of bars have been on the rise and charges against owners have become more serious over the past few years.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 07:46:06 PM »

So if you're an 18 year old American girl it's legal for a fat 50 year old to fuck you, but you can't have a beer?  hihi

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 08:26:07 PM »

Every club I've ever been to is girls get in at 18 and guys 21. The logic is to get more guys in the club knowing teenage girls are in there, also if there are more girls than guys in a club its going to bring in more guys who will buy booze.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:45:38 PM »

I like the thought of underage girls in bars....................
Evolution
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 12:35:58 AM »

It's a bad thing really. Mainly because I've under gone so many unsuccessful ID situations to be alright with a cheap 16 year old showing some skin and getting in.

Plus the fact they stand out like a target to older men isn't good. (Imagine for a second your daughter being in a bar getting the moves put on her by SLC  hihi)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 03:03:08 AM »

You like the idea of underage girls drunk  Wink

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 03:08:47 AM »

You like the idea of underage girls drunk? Wink

he likes the idea of underage girls.

All of my friends go clubbing and we are like two years under the limit.  Meh - they have been having sex since they were 13, drinking since they could breath and smoking aswell!! Catholic High School sluts some of em.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 03:29:41 AM »

Catholic High School sluts some of em.

Yea, I married one of those.........
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 03:42:34 AM »

Catholic High School sluts some of em.

Yea, I married one of those.........

Oh?  Whats her name, I may know her... since you into underaged ones!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 04:03:57 AM »

Oh?  Whats her name, I may know her... since you into underaged ones!

LOL, she is about as legal as it can get, and still a bad Catholic..........
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:07:55 AM »

I don't like the idea... Guys are fucking pigs, and young girls drinking can bring a lot of trouble.. Stupid mistakes and regretable events... I know as a father of two girls I would rather they weren't allowed to drink until they actually were 21..  I'm not talking about your local old man bar your dad took you to when he was watching sports, I mean those hot spots at night where drugs are involved and many shady guys are there just looking to fuck them..  Go drink a 40 in the park with your friends hihi
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 07:28:18 AM »

I don't like the idea... Guys are fucking pigs, and young girls drinking can bring a lot of trouble.. Stupid mistakes and regretable events... I know as a father of two girls I would rather they weren't allowed to drink until they actually were 21..? I'm not talking about your local old man bar your dad took you to when he was watching sports, I mean those hot spots at night where drugs are involved and many shady guys are there just looking to fuck them..? Go drink a 40 in the park with your friends hihi

It takes two to tango. Yes a lot of guys are pigs but women can be sluts and teases also, which doesnt help.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 07:34:39 AM »

Well I guess they have fake IDs and they use what they got physically to distract the bouncer from really looking at the little ID card...I don't think it's a good idea for them to be drinking...hell the people who are 21 act like assholes when they have had a couple drinks...I guess guys like it because it's probably easy to feed them a line and have them bite...where someone with a little more life experience may see the bullshit through the field so to speak. Uuuh my question is, where are the parents? Do you know where your kids is? I would think that there is some sort of fine to the establishment if underage people are found drinking there and no one, I don't care how cute they are, is worth that, so I really don't see a lot of underage kids, but I don't go to those dance club, just live rock clubs...don't see any little chicks or dudes there...and I thought (I could be wrong) that there were laws put on the books with regard to the place serving liquor being a little bit responsible when it came to serving an already, obviously intoxicated person...yes, no? I don't know...also the whole drunk girl\boy behind the wheel of a car thing is definitely reckless, though you don't have to underage to a reckless drunk person...
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 09:27:13 AM »

Uuuh my question is, where are the parents? Do you know where your kids is?

Kids lie to their parents about where they're going all the time.  If a kid says they're going to the cinema with some friends, how is the parent expected to know any different?
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 10:04:22 AM »

well here in Quebec the legal age is 18... i used to go to bars and clubs when i was 16-17... and one of my friends who is 22 went home with a 14 (not knowing she was 14 cause she was in a club) slept with her, gave her his number she went home drunk told her parents and they called him very angry... so now he is all discusted that he slept with a 14yr old girl. They need to get more strict... fake ID's are usually pretty obvious.

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: