Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:58:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Question about banning
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about banning  (Read 9644 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 06:45:54 PM »

Does banning have anything to do with this "Karma" thing thats right above our post #?

Forgive me for being dense, but I just noticed it, and its got me curious as to what it is. peace

If you have a zero you're on the verge of being banned.

You've gotta shape up, son.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 06:48:46 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 01:17:33 AM »

This whole thing strikes  me as silly. It is a powertrip for the mods (not all). Reminds me  of Animal Farm. Everyone starts our  equal,  but soon, some  are  more equal than the rest. The question is, why make  a big  ego trip out of  banning someone? I would assume  there is technology to simply block the person's  postings  if he/she is out of line and chronically  obnoxious. Why make a big deal about "I have power over you and you are banned"? It seems  to  me to be an immature ego trip. I don't get it unless this site  is going in a direction that  is not what  most people want. To moderate does not mean thought control. At least in my opinion.
Brody
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 03:32:45 AM »

You cant just simply block what people post.. say they post hundred of times.. it would get annoying to have to delete all there posts.. the people that get banned usually get banned for good reason..
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 05:42:39 PM »

This whole thing strikes? me as silly. It is a powertrip for the mods (not all). Reminds me? of Animal Farm. Everyone starts our? equal,? but soon, some? are? more equal than the rest. The question is, why make? a big? ego trip out of? banning someone? I would assume? there is technology to simply block the person's? postings? if he/she is out of line and chronically? obnoxious. Why make a big deal about "I have power over you and you are banned"? It seems? to? me to be an immature ego trip. I don't get it unless this site? is going in a direction that? is not what? most people want. To moderate does not mean thought control. At least in my opinion.

it's pretty crazy but i actually thought something along those lines myself today, about some being more equal than others. i have been hit with seven bad rep points for no reason at all while a mod (Jim) today called me an idiot, and even after being made aware of that, the mods refused to take any action against him. pathetic.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

Here is a general question:

Why would anybody continue to stay somewhere where they felt tormented and picked upon? Why would they keep coming back? The internet is endless afterall.

Seems odd, unless their only aim was to cause trouble.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 05:47:20 PM »

Why would anybody continue to stay somewhere where they felt tormented and picked upon? Why would they keep coming back? The internet is endless afterall.

are you talking to me again? what's your obsession?
i like gnr. i have friends on this site. what's it to you?
go obsess over someone else.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 02:47:38 AM »

are you talking to me again? what's your obsession?
i like gnr. i have friends on this site. what's it to you?
go obsess over someone else.

Didn't see your name.  He might well have been talking about D... god knows he gets a bit of teasing about Kentucky.    Tongue

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 10:00:19 AM »

"Friends"
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 10:06:29 AM »

"Friends"

what do you care. go find another "victim", this is getting so pathetic crying
seriously man, i don't want to be given this much attention by another man, especially not on the internet no
ok? nervous

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 11:48:33 AM »

This whole thing strikes? me as silly. It is a powertrip for the mods (not all). Reminds me? of Animal Farm. Everyone starts our? equal,? but soon, some? are? more equal than the rest. The question is, why make? a big? ego trip out of? banning someone? I would assume? there is technology to simply block the person's? postings? if he/she is out of line and chronically? obnoxious. Why make a big deal about "I have power over you and you are banned"? It seems? to? me to be an immature ego trip. I don't get it unless this site? is going in a direction that? is not what? most people want. To moderate does not mean thought control. At least in my opinion.

Because, in the past, people have bitched that they were "banned without warning".  The karma points take that arguement away from them....

All they have to do, to know they are on thin ice, is to look at their karma score.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
godiva
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »

Quick question: how many karma points do you need before you get banned?
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 02:33:09 PM »

i wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that either nervous

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 02:37:31 PM »

Grin

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 02:37:57 PM »

7? Grin

that actually made me smirk Tongue

godiva
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 02:50:10 PM »

Here today, gone....... for Speed Stone  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 03:17:57 PM »

Speed Stone needed -7 and at least three previously banned usernames.

From now on, if he still decides to come back, there won't be any need for karma points since he'll be automatically banned. He used all his chances and a few extra ones too.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 05:18:03 PM »

Here today, gone....... for Speed Stone  hihi

My oh my...........
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 06:35:49 PM »

Speedstone was just a tad bit insecure  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: