Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why Axl owes us......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Axl owes us......  (Read 13293 times)
SlashDelonge
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 05:26:41 PM »

Hey, your a good man...but i would like you to stop kissing my ass  ok
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 05:27:10 PM »

What do u mean by this is your year of being a veteran fanatic...Huh? explain please ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
SlashDelonge
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 05:28:48 PM »

So bittersweet, this tragedy wont ask for absolution
This melody inside of me, still searches for solution
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 05:30:31 PM »

Hey, your a good man...but i would like you to stop kissing my ass? ok

WTF?

What's your point anyway? Axl owes you an explanation? Not really...

Anyway, why not wait until the tour starts? Do we need your whining just weeks before there's shows happening? I'm sure a veteran like yourself can wait a little longer... ?ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 05:33:36 PM »

an explanation or him owing you something hihi You'll get the same few who say axl owes you nothing blah blah blah.. I think he owes the fans an explanation ,look at how quickly they responded for the shows and he has given the fans jack shit.. Most of his present sucess is due to his 15 year old work.. He's been promising cd for ages, did a cd tour in 02 and fucked that up, he's been speaking of it since the late 90's...

This thread is a lost cause anyways man, you'll expect real answers and all you'll get is the babying of axl how he can do whatever and all the years people have been here waiting is your choice..
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 05:41:17 PM »

WTF?

Anyway, why not wait until the tour starts? Do we need your whining just weeks before there's shows happening? I'm sure a veteran like yourself can wait a little longer... ?ok

/jarmo

Slashdelonge: Random, but that was funny as hell. Pretty much everything you say online is funny and I think you liven up the board.  ok

Jarmo: Who are you to say that Axl doesnt owe us anything? We are by far the most dedicated fans of any band, EVER. Im excited about the May shows, I cant wait to see how they turn out, but I respect this "veterans" point.  ok

Oh I see your post count is low, Welcome to the forum kid.  ok

They just thought Id know better. Better.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 05:41:47 PM »

Most of his present sucess is due to his 15 year old work..

One can even say all of it is.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 05:44:09 PM »

WTF?

/jarmo

Slashdelonge: Random, but that was funny as hell. Pretty much everything you say online is funny and I think you liven up the board.? ok

Jarmo: Who are you to say that Axl doesnt owe us anything? We are by far the most dedicated fans of any band, EVER. Im excited about the May shows, I cant wait to see how they turn out, but I respect this "veterans" point.? ok

Oh I see your post count is low, Welcome to the forum kid.? ok

Dont mean to get off topic but his count isnt low... as a matter of fact Jarmo banned him a few weeks ago becuase he was very annoying... Jarmo should remeber ... but i agree he livens up the board just not in the best way

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28782.0
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 05:45:46 PM by GNR-Revolution » Logged

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2006, 05:46:41 PM »

Allthough you're saying that you're a veteran fan, you still don't know what being a GN'R fan is about. It starts with falling in love with GN'R. Time to time, like in a relationship you really fuckin' hate what happening, but if you stick to it, it will be worth sticking up for. GN'R and Axl especially is notorious for not being main-stream as it goes to treating your fan's well.

This goes for you who are going to a GN'R concert for the first time this summer... He'll be late, accept it. He'll be every thing you want him to be... Trust me. He won't ever be the idol people want him to be, accept it, or quit being a fan. He won't ever owe anything to you, cuz he's Axl Rose. Once you've reached his level of stardom, you don't owe shit to anyone, deal with it...

Cheers, ?beer
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2006, 05:48:51 PM »

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt axl once say something like "im only doing this album for me"
I feel incredibly grateful to Axl for creating and sharing music such as Estranged, Coma and now TWAT as it has been a major influence and motivation in my life. I am a fan as i want more of this great music, but also to show my appreciation.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 05:51:13 PM »

Yes thats true but he did say he wrote the song madagascar for the fans on one of the tours......... He might have had wrote the majority of songs for himself but i think madagascar was written for them

- Stewie Griffin-
SlashDelonge
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 05:52:18 PM »

Gnr-revolution, whats your beef man!?...dont start crap with me ever again.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 05:54:04 PM »

I don't really believe Axl owes anyone anything. If he decides to never release CD, well, that's unfortunate, but I don't feel I'm owed it. Anything you buy regarding a band - t-shirts, CD's, concert tickets etc. - that's your choice and it doesn't mean the band owes you something in return.
However, I am completely baffled by the fact that in the age if internet marketing, the exposure it brings, fan communities, street teams and so on, Axl has decided to not utilize this relatively cheap, yet powerful, marketing tool to keep his fan base updated on GN'R. This is, of course, Axl's decision, not mine or yours, but I am still perplexed by Axl's neglect of this. Had he done what, say, Trent Reznor does: regular web updates, song samples, web cams in the studio, band related pictures every now and then, then I'm sure the 2002 tour attendance would have been improved and people would still "know" who Guns N' Roses really are. It would take 5 minutes to jot something down on a note and give it to management and the post it on a website, it would benefact GN'R, but again, this is Axl's decision, not yours, not mine. It would be cool as hell, but I don't feel I am owed that or anything else.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 05:55:38 PM »

The only thing Axl owes me is ... nothing. But I sure would appreciate it if he released Chinese Democracy before my time here. I really want the album so bad it hurts. But Axl could have just as easily realised some fucked up album with the GNR name attached to it...and my love of GNR would have forever been crushed. But I will gladly take no new GNR album over a bad one. After the UYI's and TSI I was actually very happy the old band parted ways and Axl became free. I have hope now with these leaked tracks that Axl was right, and that it will come...and it will be worth it.

The only thing Axl owes me as an O Fucking G GNR fan, is to not release a fucking embarrassment of an album with the GNR name attached. That's it.

If Axl doesn't want to talk then so be it. I don't want to talk to 95% percent of the people I have to deal with. I generally don't like having to talk so I understand.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SlashDelonge
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2006, 05:55:57 PM »

I don't really believe Axl owes anyone anything. If he decides to never release CD, well, that's unfortunate, but I don't feel I'm owed it. Anything you buy regarding a band - t-shirts, CD's, concert tickets etc. - that's your choice and it doesn't mean the band owes you something in return.
However, I am completely baffled by the fact that in the age if internet marketing, the exposure it brings, fan communities, street teams and so on, Axl has decided to not utilize this relatively cheap, yet powerful, marketing tool to keep his fan base updated on GN'R. This is, of course, Axl's decision, not mine or yours, but I am still perplexed by Axl's neglect of this. Had he done what, say, Trent Reznor does: regular web updates, song samples, web cams in the studio, band related pictures every now and then, then I'm sure the 2002 tour attendance would have been improved and people would still "know" who Guns N' Roses really are. It would take 5 minutes to jot something down on a note and give it to management and the post it on a website, it would benefact GN'R, but again, this is Axl's decision, not yours, not mine. It would be cool as hell, but I don't feel I am owed that or anything else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beer to that man
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 05:56:43 PM »

But thats his decision... he may just want to keep suspence raising... maybe he wants to show everone a little patience.... lol good plug...... but i bet he has had chances to write notes to the public many times but its his choice not to

- Stewie Griffin-
SlashDelonge
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 05:57:59 PM »

But thats his decision... he may just want to keep suspence raising... maybe he wants to show everone a little patience.... lol good plug...... but i bet he has had chances to write notes to the public many times but its his choice not to

You should be banned just for saying that  Wink
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 05:58:17 PM »

i agree that axl should atleast give an explenation... but it'kl probably come in a whole...

axl has been teasing his fans...
what about what he said in RIR3? ill be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs.... he never explained that....

he never explained why  he did no show in 02... wich he really should...

dont you think?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
gnrziggy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »

I do not post often but felt the need. I was there for Axl's very first tour in 87 when they backed up Aerosmith. I have had shows cancelled that I have had tickets to. I am not bitter why should you be. You choose to listen to Axl and his music. Did he ever promise us a specific date yet for chinese democracy? No he did not so he has not let anyone down on promises that have not been kept. It is fan speculation that your dissapointment stems from. Also if I where you I would be a little more patient all signs seem to be pointing to a release sometime this year. Try being the fan from 1986 who is as hard core as I am. But still know I am OWED nothing. We have all been giving great music in the past and feel there is great music yet to come in the near future.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 06:14:51 PM by gnrziggy » Logged

GNR= Greatest Band of all time!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »

Axl doesn't owe us anything, but also in return, we don't owe Axl anything.

It works both ways.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: