Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 07:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why Axl owes us......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Axl owes us......  (Read 13334 times)
SlashDelonge
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 06:05:09 PM »

Great thread...i give props to the user who made it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 06:05:26 PM »

But thats his decision... he may just want to keep suspence raising... maybe he wants to show everone a little patience.... lol good plug...... but i bet he has had chances to write notes to the public many times but its his choice not to

You should be banned just for saying that? Wink

I have a feeling you will be banned, and soon is the word... ?Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »

Sometimes people say things in the spur of the moment when they are pumped up...

like Axl probably did think he would be back to Rock N Rio with a bunch of new songs when he had a bunch of adrenaline running on stage...

Axl probably did think Cd was close to being released in 2002-2003 when he said "soon".. when a bunch of cameras were in his face and he appeared on the mtv awards....

Axl says stuff on spur of the moment sometime.. you people fucking jot it down in a notebook and think you should be allowed to hold him too it.

The fact of the matter is he'll release it whenever the fuck he wants too, he doesn't really owe anyone but himself shit.

The only explanation I can see people possibly wanting is the fans in Philly for the no-show..... but it's my belief Axl was put in a bad situation and refused to meet a lame demand by C.C.. it's also my belief C.C knew that show wasn't going to go, but was using the fans as leverage to get Rose to meet a ridiculous demand... clear channel should make public what they wanted from Axl and why the show was cancelled... they should do the explaining. Axl wasn't in a hotel room watching the lakers that night... people who believe that was the reason for the no-show are idiots.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »

i agree with axl not oweing the fans anything, but at the same time it was the millions of fans buying the gnr records that put him in a position were he is today, with his millions, mansion, and cars.  im confident he ll release it when he s ready ... if ever, if not then no big deal, CD being released isnt going to lower gas prices or anything.  Im just glad I have a chance to see my favorite band next month, so the only thing he owes us is showing up for his fans that paid to see him.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2006, 06:15:13 PM »

say it just were a moment thing, should we then just ignore everything he says and it isnt true?

i mean, i understand both points of view here, but i mostly thinks he should say SOMETHING!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 06:20:05 PM »

Jarmo: Who are you to say that Axl doesnt owe us anything? We are by far the most dedicated fans of any band, EVER. Im excited about the May shows, I cant wait to see how they turn out, but I respect this "veterans" point.? ok

It's called an opinion and who are you to say I can't express my opinion just because it differs from yours?

Keep thinking Axl owes you something, I'm sure it'll make you feel better. ?Tongue

The rest of us have realized that it's no idea to keep whining about something as stupid as that. I didn't pay for the album and therefore I'm not owed an album.

If you're a fan of the band, I bet you're a fan because you like the music. That doesn't mean Axl owes you stuff like new releases, press releases, photos, fan clubs, shows or birthday cards.

If Axl owes you all kinds of things, what do you owe him? Or is it just a one-way thing? Axl owes you, but you don't owe him/the band anything?

Some fans seem to doubt everything Axl has said in recent years. Don't you think you owe him to actually consider he might be telling the truth instead of calling him a liar everytime he actully says something?

It's so much easier not to even think in these terms.... Drop the thought of artists owing you, see how you feel afterwards. ?ok

i mean, i understand both points of view here, but i mostly thinks he should say SOMETHING!

Not really. He could retire from the music business and start a career growing oranges. It's up to him.

Fortunately there's a tour scheduled for the summer so I guess the orange growing career will have to wait.? hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 06:23:57 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

Jarmo: Who are you to say that Axl doesnt owe us anything? We are by far the most dedicated fans of any band, EVER. Im excited about the May shows, I cant wait to see how they turn out, but I respect this "veterans" point.? ok

It's called an aopinion and who are you to say I can't express my opinion just because it differs from yours?

Keep thinking Axl owes you something, I'm sure it'll make you feel better. ?Tongue

The rest of us have realized that it's no idea to keep whining about something as stupid as that. I didn't pay for the album and therefore I'm not owed an album.

If you're a fan of the band, I bet you're a fan because you like the music. That doesn't mean Axl owes you stuff like new releases, press releases, photos, fan clubs, shows or birthday cards.

If Axl owes you all kinds of things, what do you owe him? Or is it just a one-way thing? Axl owes you, but you don't owe him/the band anything?

Some fans seem to doubt everything Axl has said in recent years. Don't you think you owe him to actually consider he might be telling the truth instead of calling him a liar everytime he actully says something?

It's so much easier not to even think in these terms.... Drop the thought of artists owing you, see how you feel afterwards. ?ok

Not really. He could retire from the music business and start a career growing oranges. It's up to him.

Fortunately there's a tour scheduled for the summer so I guess the orange growing career will have to wait.? hihi

/jarmo

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oranges .... Where did u come up with that....??.... but on a serious not i like what u said about the not buying the cd therefore he doesnt owe u ... its soo true..

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 06:24:31 PM »

So Jarmo...care to explain why the Dead Horse Trigger Finger isn't working on this thread?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 06:25:51 PM »

I was banning and posting.....  hihi

/jarmo

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 06:26:26 PM »

Fortunately there's a tour scheduled for the summer so I guess the orange growing career will have to wait.  hihi

/jarmo

Damnit! I was hoping Orange Growmocracy saw starting NOW!  hihi

I agree with you overall. I also understand the point that it would be cool if Axl at least told the faithful what might be going on, but in the end he actually doesn't owe anyone that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »

Lets hope this time itll last huh jarmo.....

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2006, 08:58:36 PM »

It's called an aopinion and who are you to say I can't express my opinion just because it differs from yours?

/jarmo

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oranges .... Where did u come up with that....??.... but on a serious not i like what u said about the not buying the cd therefore he doesnt owe u ... its soo true..

Jarmo: Dude I dont feel Axl owes me a fuckin birthday card, he tells us that there is an album coming, and I want that album because I like Guns N' Roses, they are my favorite band. I think it would be nice if he gave us a statement, somehow i find a way to get thru my day though, maybe it's because I DO HAVE A LIFE. Even tho u are pointing towards the fact I dont. Whatever I dont give a shit.

GNRrevolution: Dude Im pretty sure I can still see some cum on your upper lip, and some shit on your nose. That HAHAHAHAHAHAHA made you look like a moron and it wasnt that funny, at most it was a giggle. Oh yeah, and that Slashdelonge kid you kept getting banned that was real cool. real cool, im glad your a moderator.

By the way dont fuckin ban me, because I like this board and most of the people on it, and I contribute to conversation and dont kiss ass. Im allowed to have an opinion and respond when people are assholes to me for no reason at all.  ok

They just thought Id know better. Better.
SlashDelonge
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2006, 03:41:54 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo: Dude I dont feel Axl owes me a fuckin birthday card, he tells us that there is an album coming, and I want that album because I like Guns N' Roses, they are my favorite band. I think it would be nice if he gave us a statement, somehow i find a way to get thru my day though, maybe it's because I DO HAVE A LIFE. Even tho u are pointing towards the fact I dont. Whatever I dont give a shit.

GNRrevolution: Dude Im pretty sure I can still see some cum on your upper lip, and some shit on your nose. That HAHAHAHAHAHAHA made you look like a moron and it wasnt that funny, at most it was a giggle. Oh yeah, and that Slashdelonge kid you kept getting banned that was real cool. real cool, im glad your a moderator.

By the way dont fuckin ban me, because I like this board and most of the people on it, and I contribute to conversation and dont kiss ass. Im allowed to have an opinion and respond when people are assholes to me for no reason at all.? ok

finally, you realize what this board is all about...ARGUING!........THAT IS ALL U DO AND IT IS WRONG...JUST GET A LIFE, GROW A SET OF NUTS, AND WEIGH 95 POUNDS.
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2006, 07:32:50 AM »

one thing he owes to his fans and that is to show up for the concerts. making people wait 4 hours or not show up at all thats very disrespectfull. these are just basic manners.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2006, 11:33:08 AM »

one thing he owes to his fans and that is to show up for the concerts. making people wait 4 hours or not show up at all thats very disrespectfull. these are just basic manners.

If anyone that's ever been in GNR had basic manners, the band would've never been formed or ensured for so long.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2006, 12:00:04 PM »

I think Axl should release the album in March. Mainly because most fans are tired of his never ending bullshit, he owes us, we are the people that bought his albums, we are the people who went to his concerts, we have given him endless amounts of support over the years and what does he go and do? He shits all over his reputation and gives us no respect. He promised us the album in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and will most likely make a crappy excuse again when the album is not delivered in 2005. There is hope that he will release it in 2005 but he has lied to us so many times he has lost many of the coar fans trust. Thats hard to recover. Looks like Axl does not care about us. Well, I give it until Maximum June then if the album is not released by then I will stop listening to all this bullshit explanations that he has given us and he will lose yet ANOTHER fan.

I don't want to hear bullshit from you guys saying you gotta have patience and it will be released, Axl cares. Whatever.

AXL IF YOU'RE READING THIS PROVE ME WRONG AND RELEASE THE ALBUM BY MARCH.

Dude they sold 85 million albums... there are less than 6000 people on this board.  There are a shitload of people that bought and own albums and are content.  For the people on these boards that think we are owed some sort of tribute for liking the music of a band, they are insane.  I realize the magnitude of the follower's love for the band, but, in all seriousness, wouldn't it be best to handle the situation with some dignity and respect? Spouting off 150 words about why are are owed something by Axl Rose is juvenile and petty.  Let a sleeping dog lie.  When the album comes out, it comes out.  Don't live your life by controversy.  It's unproductive.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2006, 05:04:59 PM »

I think Axl should release the album in March. Mainly because most fans are tired of his never ending bullshit, he owes us, we are the people that bought his albums, we are the people who went to his concerts, we have given him endless amounts of support over the years and what does he go and do? He shits all over his reputation and gives us no respect. He promised us the album in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and will most likely make a crappy excuse again when the album is not delivered in 2005. There is hope that he will release it in 2005 but he has lied to us so many times he has lost many of the coar fans trust. Thats hard to recover. Looks like Axl does not care about us. Well, I give it until Maximum June then if the album is not released by then I will stop listening to all this bullshit explanations that he has given us and he will lose yet ANOTHER fan.

I don't want to hear bullshit from you guys saying you gotta have patience and it will be released, Axl cares. Whatever.

AXL IF YOU'RE READING THIS PROVE ME WRONG AND RELEASE THE ALBUM BY MARCH.

Dude they sold 85 million albums... there are less than 6000 people on this board.? There are a shitload of people that bought and own albums and are content.? For the people on these boards that think we are owed some sort of tribute for liking the music of a band, they are insane.? I realize the magnitude of the follower's love for the band, but, in all seriousness, wouldn't it be best to handle the situation with some dignity and respect? Spouting off 150 words about why are are owed something by Axl Rose is juvenile and petty.? Let a sleeping dog lie.? When the album comes out, it comes out.? Don't live your life by controversy.? It's unproductive.

Dignity and respect now you are just trying way too hard to sound mature, Axl should say something but dont worry my life and the life of all the otheres that think axl owes us an album after mentioning it 10 years ago wil move along.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2006, 11:42:01 PM »

Geez, this "owed" topic has been done to death in the past 3 years. I don't understand  why repetitive threads like this one  live and other original threads started (by me) are deleted. Gives one pause as to  the motivations and politics of the mods.  Huh
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2006, 04:46:20 AM »

axl doesn't owe us shit.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2006, 06:48:47 AM »

axl doesn't owe us shit.

I been saying that for years.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: